Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Hit a high of 2.2 here in Locksbottom with some nice winter sunshine in the early part of the afternoon.as at 5.30 already -1.1 and frost forming.Going to be a cold one tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I wish I could believe this for once

Screenshot_20210107-162819_Met Office.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

This is the area of interest in my opinion tomorrow evening, as I mentioned earlier. Forget that stuff to the North & West (Unless you are in the extreme NW of our region) More chance of a flurry or two coming from the N.Sea as winds back NE>ENE later tomorrow. Low chance but something to keep an eye on...

28B90B9B-0585-462E-8CCA-BECA3906ABA2.jpeg

Edited by Southender
  • Like 4

2 months of looking at weather charts and reading countless posts on potential snowmageddon so far this winter, MAY and I say MAY pay off tomorrow with.....wait for it.......drumroll.......

image.thumb.png.cb948c2a35437c68f9d0affb4d73222a.png15 MINUTES OF SNIZZLE............Get in there my son!☃️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Southender said:

This is the area of interest in my opinion tomorrow evening, as I mentioned earlier. Forget that stuff to the West (Unless you are in the extreme NW of our region) More chance of a flurry or two coming from the N.Sea as winds back NE>ENE later tomorrow. Low chance but something to keep an eye on...

28B90B9B-0585-462E-8CCA-BECA3906ABA2.jpeg

Has anything changed with DP's coming from the ne, ene yet?

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Has anything changed with DP's coming from the ne, ene yet?

Not amazing. But better than earlier this week. Just the right side of marginal for most of the region if any Ppn arrives, which is the question mark!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
23 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Hit a high of 2.2 here in Locksbottom with some nice winter sunshine in the early part of the afternoon.as at 5.30 already -1.1 and frost forming.Going to be a cold one tonight!

Cloud permitting......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

-0.6c and -1.6c dp sensor 1

-0.5c and -1.2 dp sensor 2

North Norfolk

20210107_180020.jpg

Hi, can you please let me know the model number of your weather station? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Been a very cold day here in the Surrey Hills! Can’t have gotten above freezing as the snow from yesterday still frozen solid all over our garden and cat. I we cold sat indoors at my computer for the first day term and the return online teaching. One real downer of these times is that there’ll never be another School snow day again....

edit... just posted and read that back... it’s not the cat just the car.. predictive text

Edited by John Stevens
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Evening 

update on weather here in the West of the region (Farnham, Surrey) 

cloudy, still

temp -0.1 

dp -0.9 

not expecting much again but I’ll keep an eye on that radar!

Sue x

• Like 1

Posted

Area of precip in NW Midlands and has grown a tail was expected to dissipate by now it’s moving towards SE probably won’t survive but it’s holding on currently. 

7CC6B6A7-74EB-4480-BC52-825B0CE5A5E7.thumb.png.6eeed62a781f19bc7c1f97ffecb961e8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Look East just showed overnight lows of -6 or -7 on Friday and Saturday night. Wasn't expecting anything that cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
3 minutes ago, clark3r said:

January 2019 was the last flake of snow I saw here, that only lasted a couple of hours, we’ve been really unlucky to see any in this chilly spell 

Yeah we've been very unlucky here in the SE & EA.

For the majority of the country this has been a very decent 2 week cold spell with at least a few falls of snow. Down here we've just never really been in the cold air, the original NWly didn't have the legs for down here and the easterly was just unfortunately not cold enough.

Still time for a decent cold spell down here this winter yet though, and if we finally do hit the jackpot it well be all the sweeter for us in the SE & EA!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
40 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Been a very cold day here in the Surrey Hills! Can’t have gotten above freezing as the snow from yesterday still frozen solid all over our garden and cat. I we cold sat indoors at my computer for the first day term and the return online teaching. One real downer of these times is that there’ll never be another School snow day again....

edit... just posted and read that back... it’s not the cat just the car.. predictive text

I was a little concerned for the cat!  You're right about the school / college snow days!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Going to watch the Perfect Planet Episode 3 Weather Soon So I probably won't Post for the rest of Today here is my Chance for snow prediction. 

Today 1%

Friday-Friday next week 35%

End of Next Week-End Of January 45%

That's what I think so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
20 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Look East just showed overnight lows of -6 or -7 on Friday and Saturday night. Wasn't expecting anything that cold!

Been wondering why people have been saying things warming up after tonight, highs are generally cold at this time of year, especially if freezing fog develops and lasts all day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well just watched news 24 forecast and they are adamant it is warming up from Monday.They used Canterbury as an example and every day from Monday to Friday it showed either 8 or 9 degrees each day!! that seems quite high and at odds what the models seem to be showing.I am thinking 5-7 next week(Monday & Tuesday).Be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

As we can see from the 850s ensembles, there's nothing especially mild on the horizon. Milder than of late yes, but not overly mild. Just more average.

So no immediate deep freeze, but also no BBQ. Just looks pretty average, but still with the chance of a few colder days.967200647_t850Suffolk(2).thumb.png.189b212563de6e1a1c7a1dc3be31cae7.png

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Area of precip in NW Midlands and has grown a tail was expected to dissipate by now it’s moving towards SE probably won’t survive but it’s holding on currently. 

7CC6B6A7-74EB-4480-BC52-825B0CE5A5E7.thumb.png.6eeed62a781f19bc7c1f97ffecb961e8.png

All models show it heading directly south...until it gets near us...it then goes south west as the north easterly kicks in. Anither kick in the nuts from Mother Nature.  Benidorm has seen more snow than Basildon This year

• Like 4

Posted

Well it’s very cold -1.5C not even clear skies, cloudy! My coldest temp so far this winter is -2C. And of course dry as a bone. 

• Like 1