South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Upgrade on the 18z 

Friday 9am 

prectypeuktopo.png

Not good enough lol, doesn't reach me pmsl.

Only joking I hope it happens like this, at least most of us would have had something out of this cold spell 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Very cold out there -0.8 and really hard frost on cars already.can see it getting to -2 or -3 widely in frost hollows of the SE.Tomorrow and Friday are going to be very cold days reaching maximum of just 2/3 degrees in most of the region.GFS teases us with front coming down from the north tomorrow night into Friday morning but honestly think it will fizzle out by the time it reaches us .Love to be wrong though

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Upgrade on the 18z 

Friday 9am 

prectypeuktopo.png

but it slides SW and fades quickly so is really poor for us

Posted

❄️ MetO are showing snow in my neck of the woods on Friday ❄️

image.thumb.png.b35fbc148a6ef9cb3633b50cdd3600e3.png

• Like 3

Posted
49 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

So close to the really cold air . -13 into the east . 

191274EA-CC84-4DF7-A9AF-B2DBBF8F5343.png

D6497FB8-3920-45FB-9F9D-255E6A472221.png

Just for fun and all that, but!! Wouldn’t it be great if we did get these uppers into the SE?

After enduring days of +1c to +3c dew points whilst it poured (over 60mm here in 3 days in the end) with rain, all the time thinking “if only this were snow” I feel like we deserve our cold, snowy reward!

• Like 4

Posted

Friday could be interesting folks. The FAX shows an occluded front moving SE into our region and NMM 18z very much mirrors that.

246B9502-0DE2-4BD8-8B69-38C4D1FA0C11.thumb.png.904aa213114d167dda416c6df96f93a1.png2C1C4661-826F-4DB0-A304-37DCA7C27C69.thumb.png.5457ab606e530722086fddd79448170c.png

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Hotspur62 said:

Very cold out there -0.8 and really hard frost on cars already.can see it getting to -2 or -3 widely in frost hollows of the SE.Tomorrow and Friday are going to be very cold days reaching maximum of just 2/3 degrees in most of the region.GFS teases us with front coming down from the north tomorrow night into Friday morning but honestly think it will fizzle out by the time it reaches us .Love to be wrong though

Maxes of 0C modelled for much of south today from ECM.

5B581268-2BEB-4BCF-8EA6-3C8754E989F3.thumb.png.a15e2b5be212d450e538820b1e896000.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Mixed rain & snow shower here currently, how unlucky do you have to be to be one of the only places in the region to get precip but also one of the only places with insufficient dp at the same time! so close but so far..

• Like 2

Just read the latest Met update for our region, not a mention of any snow from that front coming down from the north. What the hell this is so so heart breaking. This would have been our final tiny chance to see something, unless they have got it completely wrong, which I doubt it's snow we are talking about. We are doomed here 

London & South East England weather forecast

Thursday 7 Jan -Monday 11 Jan

Headline:

Widespread frost at first. Some sunny spells developing later.

Today:

Cold with freezing fog patches locally slow to clear, particularly in western parts. Dry with light winds and plenty of afternoon sunshine, but a chance of fog patches developing around dusk. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:

Another cold night with clear skies and light winds but a widespread frost and a few freezing fog patches, particularly in western parts. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

Friday:

Sunny and dry but cold with a few freezing fog patches at first, perhaps slow to clear in places. Cloudier in the afternoon, along with decent spells of sunshine. Maximum temperature 4 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Widespread frost and freezing fog patches on Saturday and Sunday, slow to clear in places. Dry and sunny otherwise. Breezy, mostly cloudy on Monday, but less cold.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Thu 7 Jan 2021

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

0.0 when I jumped in the car , slight frost but other than that another day of Meh weather by the looks of it.

Posted

Had a few snow flurries about two hours ago, gave a dusting over most surfaces that had already frozen over from the wintry mix earlier on but the temp seems to be stuck slightly over freezing and all i can see is slush now  maybe next time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Just left out for work and noticed snow flakes on the car so I checked the lamppost and noticed it's Snowing very lightly - car thermometer reading is 1c 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

Lamp post watching and a few flakes falling in Merstham (Redhill) 

Posted

Had to use my breath to blow a few snow flakes off my car.. well that was winter 2021 then!

seriously hope im wrong 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
10 minutes ago, nanu said:

Had to use my breath to blow a few snow flakes off my car.. well that was winter 2021 then!

seriously hope im wrong 

Very light snow in colchester, stopped now .