Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
1 hour ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

What a birthday that would be

650359771_gensnh-0-1-288(2).thumb.png.b3c525adb93d15ed62fe6646f485b6fa.pnggfs-16-288.thumb.png.2c347b543a8cfdc4b2fc53716b6b5e8a.png

Meanwhile in the land of nod. 

1441189877_gensnh-0-1-348(1).thumb.png.13002dec491de6e4a8dbcbb976de5b79.pnggensfr-0-2-336.thumb.png.02e2a604cd4b1f2c29725b23b7572dca.png

I see they've taken the m5 block into account. 

gfs-16-222.thumb.png.10acedcfaea6380e02430edc3df69a37.png

If you look close enough on the first snow map there’s a tiny patch of white in the SE. Anyone like to guess where I live?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
3 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

If you look close enough on the first snow map there’s a tiny patch of white in the SE. Anyone like to guess where I live?

Posted
7 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Yep just down the road from me has been tough for us to get any decent snow for where we live for the last few years 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
12 hours ago, winterfreak said:

So, ahem, I struggle to keep up with the actual trend in the MOD thread. Up one minute, down the next. So, does anyone know in roughly which direction we’re going? Still a possibility of cold and maybe some of the white gold we chase so diligently?!? 

According to the MAD Thread we will be snowed in on the 20th, but on the 21st we will be outside with our BBQ's as everything will have moved too far west or too far east!!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 hours ago, winterfreak said:

So, ahem, I struggle to keep up with the actual trend in the MOD thread. Up one minute, down the next. So, does anyone know in roughly which direction we’re going? Still a possibility of cold and maybe some of the white gold we chase so diligently?!? 

Aye, WF... That's because most of the 'trends' highlighted are, in fact, nowt more than inter-model variation... Had all the 'upgrades' to last week's rain-fest been realised, we'd still be under umpteen feet of snow!:drunk-emoji:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, simonhall6 said:

Very depressing 9 day outlook, hopefully we see some changes and upgrades to this soon . 

F33EF805-D6BD-4158-85B8-725078C2CE79.png

Pretty much what I am expecting tbh, still on course for that last week of January being an interesting time for me and not the run up to 19th Jan like most are saying.

Not even looking at the Day 10-15 charts until this weekend 

• Like 5

Posted
40 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Just endured my second bad night of sleep, running. The Night before, we had some very vocal Foxes in our Close.

Last Night it was the turn of gusty winds and incessant rain, on the windows.

Hope Malcolm has no objection but Sammy Snowman would like to present the Final Act, in his Christmas Story.

Just to recap on his story, so far. Whilst on a romantic Christmas break with his Snowwoman Samantha, to Lapland, the couple announced their engagement. While they were their they met a delegation of other European Snowmen.

After the U.K's BRR-EXIT, Sammy realised some drastic action was needed to ensure the U.K. didn't miss out on Snowy Weather, this Winter.

All these European Snowmen, signed an agreement to form the E.U.S. (European Union of Snowmen).

Their first act was to sacrifice themselves in a S.S.W. (Sudden Snowmen Warming).

This resulted in the core temperature of tens of thousands of Northern Hemispheric Snowmen, rising rapidly. image.png.deeca3db9a1d6f391a951e66366a7a89.png They very quickly became a squelchy mess -  image.png.ee1ad121aaa37ad6abbe8af7d47d9c9d.png

This very noble act was to tear apart the dastardly Purple Venom (aka Pernicious Victor).   

Sammy would now like to present the very Final Act, in his Christmas Tale. 

He would first like to introduce  the main protagonists in the Final Act, entitled - "What Happens Next."                                               

THE CAST

THE GOOD GUYS                                                   THE BAD GUYS      

Sammy and Samantha Snowman          The Purple Venom (aka Pernicious Victor).

Thousands of Stratospherically              Jett Stream (aka The Pest from the West).

warmed Snowmen.                                     La Nina (Peruvian Gangster's Moll).

Scandy Mandy.                                             Doug the Bartlett Slug.

The Beast from the East.

The Dwarves from the North.

Italian Mo (Maurizio) - the Genovese Low.

Arctic Si (Sigmund) - the Northern High.

Boris the Russian Bear.                         

Greenie Gandalf.      

WRITERS                                                                        MAKE UP DEPARTMENT

Meteociel Marianne.                               E.C.M.W.F. (Every Coldies 'Mare When Forecasting).

Netweather Norman.                              G.F.S.           (Going Freezing Silly).

Wetterzentrale Wolfgang.                      U.K.M.O.    (Unlikely Kudos (for) Met. Offal).

SUB-WRITERS

J.M.A (Just (a) Met. Afterthought).

I.C.O.N. (It's Colder Up North).

The Final Storyline

Unlike the many Members/Visitors to the Netweather Forum, the Great British Public consumed with worry about the Coronavirus Pandemic, remain totally oblivious to the Mother of all Meteorological Wars, currently being waged, above their heads.

On the other side of the Pond, the Purple Venom has been putting together a sleazy "Crew" of miscreants, in a bid to thwart the gallant Sammy and his many Allies.

The Purple Venom aided by his bullying sidekick, Jett Stream (aka The Pest from the West), have enlisted the help of - Peruvian Gangster's Moll - image.thumb.png.193558ec5ad9f32e5cf3ea8858fa25c8.png La Nina.  

Another one of his recruits has been - image.png.399a0fbb164eda50776d21bb16bafbc3.png Doug the Bartlett Slug.

But Sammy has put together a formidable Team, too.

They include - image.png.cfe6e87eee671ce3a45d5e6a52a85c31.png Scandy Mandy. The Beast from the East - image.thumb.png.33a93b94002fae66d4648282421c4962.png

The Dwarves from the North - image.png.7d946f4e4ae62a63a15e5387b427c08f.png Italian Mo (Maurizio) - image.png.b0a83fcc12f86e16ee8f7d3caed966df.png

Arctic Si (Sigmund) - image.png.ec0b7edbc6bc76022d71fcc28b7375c3.png 

Boris the Siberian Bear - image.png.d1ae1981c61e9467f3c3e3e70a43c274.png

Finally, Greenie Gandalf - image.thumb.png.e5f1487381e496f4ad5db3a1ba9ddae5.png

Sammy is very excited with the Script that has been written overnight by European Cousins Meteociel Marianne, Netweather Norman and Wetterzentrale Wolfgang.    

The only worry is that Greenie Gandalf will be tempted away and switch his allegiance to the Purple Venom, over the other side of the Pond. This where Scandy Mandy has an important role to play. She has been instructed to use her Swedish feminine charm to dissuade Greenie Gandalf from "doing the dirty" on us.

If need be, she will get support from Arctic Si and very possibly, Boris the Siberian Bear.

Italian Mo, the Genovese Low, has been detailed to put (low) pressure on Doug the Bartlett Slug and eradicate him by injecting him with a vaccine of gallons of Salt Water, taken from the Ocean outside his front door.

The hope is that Doug will soon be sleeping wid da Mediterranean fishes, as the vaccine has 100% efficacy!!

Sammy, Samantha and the thousands of Northern Hemispheric Snowmen truly hope that their selfless actions will send the evil Purple Venom and his nasty cohorts packing, with his tailwinds between his legs.

Hopefully, Sammy and Samantha will be able to regenerate Dr. Who style, in the Snows outside their Ice House, in Snowdown, East Kent.

Regards,

Tom, Sammy and Samantha.  :snowman-emoji: ❄️ 

Tom

You really need to write books your works are brilliant

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
17 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Aye, WF... That's because most of the 'trends' highlighted are, in fact, nowt more than inter-model variation... Had all the 'upgrades' to last week's rain-fest been realised, we'd still be under umpteen feet of snow!:drunk-emoji:

All good fun  

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

You can view the GFS parallel (GFSv16) on Meteociel:
http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?runpara=1

Thanks

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Tom

You really need to write books your works are brilliant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for those kind words.

It has been suggested before. I like to indulge in a bit of creative writing, from time to time.

I'm sure my Bank Manager in Bromley will testify to this, when in receipt of my begging letters, pleading poverty!! Lol.

It's my younger Sister, that is the real wordsmith in the Family.

I met my Wife (Colette). through my Sister, they went to the same Bromley Schools.

My Wife and myself refer to my Sister as a Susie Dent (Countdown fame) lookalike, and like Ms Dent is like a walking Roget's Thesaurus.

I hope S.E. Regional Members find my ramblings, a bit of an antidote to the oh so serious, Model Thread.

After my Stroke of 5 Years ago, I have a couple of ongoing medical issues that causes me a lot of sleepless Nights.

It's at this time, when I get all these strange images and ideas, enter my head.

I sometimes think that the Brain Haemorrhage, has sent me gaga!!

Hopefully, my ramblings contain some fairly sound Meteorology.

I must thank Malcolm (Blessed Weather), for his patience and allowing me to present the Sammy Snowman feature.

Regards,

Tom. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

Hope your well, 

Only a few people know that I am currently doing Drama and I know how much stage lighting can affect an audiance. 

Although you may have seen my you tube channel which has a couple of bits of scripted stuff. 

Anyway all this to say that it seems the area where Macbeth was meant to be in has taken all of the snow and kept it up north. 

Yet again being closer to warmer air means that we are the last to know about Northernly's in the UK however our good friend the Beast from the East has kindly offered us a favour in turn for our patience. 

1048966378_gensnh-0-1-192(8).thumb.png.585a17dc38a89a3b9398254fa55f3262.png

You never know if he is going to turn up or not but at the moment he's starting up his engines. 

Snow

Really

Yes Snow

Are you sure

Pretty certain

How certain

Fifty percent 

That much

Okay Maybe thirty percent. 

It seems the reseting high has been our friend and allowed the Beast from the East time to get the car moving before the car collapses. 

gens-0-1-30.thumb.png.a8663cd73d8c2313fdf74f6b814488ef.png

Thanks

Xander

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Where has @Steve Murr gone I’m sure he will be quit happy with the way the models have gone over the last 12hrs. 

He was involved in an incident in the MOD thread. I can't believe people insult each other over weather models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

He was involved in an incident in the MOD thread. I can't believe people insult each other over weather models.

Seriously all this time on Netweather and you're surprised. 

Posted

Anyone hear the sonic boom over Cambridge. See the trail from the plane was very low, wonder why. The shockwave was epic shook the house.

Posted
1 minute ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Seriously all this time on Netweather and you're surprised. 

I keep out of that thread mostly lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, zubzero said:

Anyone hear the sonic boom over Cambridge. See the trail from the plane was very low, wonder why. The shockwave was epic shook the house.

Where they chasing a UFO

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Haven't posted on thee for ages

Posted
10 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

Haven't posted on thee for ages

Don't let them put you off, post in there if you have something to add. I just can't be bothered to comment on every single model run, when half the time what the models show is inaccurate and likely to get dumped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Don't let them put you off, post in there if you have something to add. I just can't be bothered to comment on every single model run, when half the time what the models show is inaccurate and likely to get dumped.

Exactly i'd get closer runs looking at 2018 runs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
30 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I know what you mean. My maiden attempt at contributing to the thread, “this run is pants for where I live”, never made it past the cutting room floor, so I decided that if they don’t want the benefit of my considered analysis then I shan’t bother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1