Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

And to add to the Sunday chart from Weatherquest that I posted earlier, here's their take on Monday for East Anglia which shows the snow showers penetrating further west. Quote:

Beyond Sunday, snow showers will continue to feed well-inland from the North Sea throughout Monday, banding together at times - so 'fresh' accumulations will vary considerably over short distances. Significant snowdrifts are likely in strong northeasterly winds.

623974053_EASnowDepthfcast06FebMonWQuest.thumb.jpg.2c4d46968b9b12852d8919df165952e7.jpg

Source: Twitter @danholley_

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

After a winter which has felt like being told your deliveroo rider is nearly there, only to see him vanish over the other side of town on the app, we are almost there. 

He's at the end of our path. Finally. Let's hope it's still warm. Er, cold. 

What a terrible analogy. 

Edited by Number 23
  • Like 4

Posted

First bands of rain now arriving from the east here at Silver Hill, East Sussex/Kent border. Temp peaked at 8.2C at 2.05pm but now falling. Currently +6.9C DP +6.3. Wind NE 6mph gusting 9mph

Edited by Ackkers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Every time I look at the Met office app it keeps going from heavy snow to light snow 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Ashford never gonna win, lacks any kind of altitude and just a wrong spot but this time is gonna be a decent covering from 2am.

Dave you forget a couple of decent, well, *very* decent falls. Did you live here in the early 2000s. We really did win for totals that time!

Posted

my reading of the metoffice forecast is that we should all wake up to at least a covering of snow, if not the case they should word it western areas of the region will only get light falls 

Posted
Just now, Number 23 said:

After a winter which has felt like being told your deliveroo rider is nearly there, only to see him vanish over the other side of town on the app, we are almost at there. 

He's at the end of our path. Finally. Let's hope it's still warm. Er, cold. 

What a terrible analogy. 

No, it's great. Though in my case Uber. Gets 2 streets away, then unexplicably goes back to base!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Essex Chelle said:

Alexa recons its going to rain here at 3.30pm but snow at 10pm and I'm going to get 5cms over night which alexa says is 2.202 inches

I'm waiting for Alexa to say "I do hope you got food in?"

Posted
1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

And to add to the Sunday chart from Weatherquest that I posted earlier, here's their take on Monday for East Anglia which shows the snow showers penetrating further west. Quote:

Beyond Sunday, snow showers will continue to feed well-inland from the North Sea throughout Monday, banding together at times - so 'fresh' accumulations will vary considerably over short distances. Significant snowdrifts are likely in strong northeasterly winds.

623974053_EASnowDepthfcast06FebMonWQuest.thumb.jpg.2c4d46968b9b12852d8919df165952e7.jpg

Source: Twitter @danholley_

That looks like Dan expects more of a NNE element to the wind and not ENE if the map went onto include Kent it would be the Mid Kent Streamer, places like Brighton and the South Coast would do very well from that as well

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
2 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Every time I look at the Met office app it keeps going from heavy snow to light snow 

I noticed but it’ll be what it’ll be I think we’re well placed and, given last couple of Winters, I’ll take whatever snow falls out of the sky!!!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Ashford never gonna win, lacks any kind of altitude and just a wrong spot but this time is gonna be a decent covering from 2am.

Dave, I remember we had a ENE. It was just perfect for N Sea convection. Any further south, and the channel warmed things up too much. Any further N (say, Herne Bay) and the showers did not have enough chance to develop. It *really* fell back then!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well I'm not lying, fog and temp is now 6.7 with a slight ne wind.

No, I was wondering about the Met Office measurements' accuracy.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Thats a positive as it means you have every chance of seeing heavy snow ....many will only have light snow or overcast as a consistent prediction 

Edited by bluearmy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
11 minutes ago, danm said:

Only if you live in zones 1-2/3. Outer suburbs suffer far less from UHI

I would add the outer zones closest to the Thames do suffer having lived in Dartford and worked in Lewisham for a lot of my career there's a big difference between say Woolwich and Welling and even more so with somewhere like Bromley a little further away and on more elevated ground also and I'd expect the same north of the thames

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, shackletonexplorer said:

From my local Wunderground weather station ... didn't see that heatwave coming! 

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 15.13.47.png

I didn't even feel it lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
2 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

@ 51, am I the oldest "big kid" in ere?

52. Wife thinks I'm a bit touched

Edited by East Kent Snow Desert
  • Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It just means more join in which can only be a good thing expected places to do best remains unchanged.

What about increase risk of warm sector if it moves north and west?

Posted
Just now, TSNWK said:

What about increase risk of warm sector if it moves north and west?

I'm not sure that is much of a risk anymore - most output showing all snow from 2am ish tomorrow

• Like 1