Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I guess thats it for the day according to the radar. The showers that going towards us have dissapated. Boooo!!

Posted

Nout here. Won’t bother with radar watching today, it’s a futile exercise in this set up where I feel like we convince ourselves we’re in the path of a shower only for weather to indeed prove it’s a chaotic system.

No amount of radar watching can will snow into existence - what happens, happens.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

South Manchester peeps - we are in a fairly dry slot currently with the streamer setting up over Macc & Wilmslow. I’m hoping the precipitation about to hit Scarborough has a better chance of getting to us @raul_sbd 

Real cluster coming through that area now

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Real cluster coming through that area now

Yes the Bridlington streamer will continue going to the south of us but we have a better chance with the ones around Scarborough - like you say they are clustering. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

image.thumb.png.85787ac72290b3c899bec2c7998905cf.png

Good job that shower missed. 

That would have given me 2cm, put me over target of 1cm and put me out of the running for the Fish supper!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
6 minutes ago, pip22 said:

I guess thats it for the day according to the radar. The showers that going towards us have dissapated. Boooo!!

Clearing skies here now

Posted
17 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Crikey; shows you the direction of travel. We've had a good dusting here in WLD; gardens and cars covered and it's starting to fall again as I type this

Seemed to broadly follow the line of the ribble valley and remained intact, whilst the stuff further N breaks up over the trough. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

After a brief lull heavy swirling snow is back again. Think East Cheshire has fallen very lucky with the position of this mini streamer via Sheffield/ Buxton way. East coast looks primed to bring some further snow showers to Greater Manchester/ Cheshire later too. Lots currently clustered around Scarborough - Bridlington - Hull. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sun's out in Kirkham. 

Shorts Weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Brilliant

Eased off now, but at least that shows moderate showers can make it here and I think once the sun gets going they should really beef up later from the East. Quite hopeful between now & tomorrow for a least a dusting. 

It's quite special watching it just blow about rather than just melting on impact.

If anyone gets under a screamer then expect a good few cm's.  

It's meant to say streamer but screamer sounds better lol. 

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Dad reports fairly heavy snow in Crosby currently and sticking well. Would be very ironic if Crosby gets more snow than me after I moved.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Not much point in snow at the moment reading some of these posts. It’s just all blowing away in the wind

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Morning 

Interesting 24-36 hrs coming up a few snow showers here this morning 

Snow from the East whatever next..

Enjoy you day

C.S

• Like 6

Posted

I was just beginning to get annoyed that for the 2nd day running the snow was steadfastly refusing to go any further west than the edge of the Pennines. Then it started absolutely chucking it down and has put an inch down in about 10 minutes. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Morning 

Interesting 24-36 hrs coming up a few snow showers here this morning 

Snow from the East whatever next..

Enjoy you day

C.S

Any explanation why rain is in the last Manchester airport TAF?

TAF: EGCC 080744Z 0807/0912 06012KT 9999 SCT030 TEMPO 0807/0819 3000 RA -SHSN BKN008 PROB30 TEMPO 0807/0818 07015G25KT PROB30 TEMPO 0819/0912 3000 RA -SHSN BKN008

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
1 minute ago, trickydicky said:

I was just beginning to get annoyed that for the 2nd day running the snow was steadfastly refusing to go any further west than the edge of the Pennines. Then it started absolutely chucking it down and has put an inch down in about 10 minutes. 

Oooh that's encouraging. I can see a green blob up your way. Hoping we receive an equivalent before the day is through. The showers are easily making it through the Lake District but so far they have had very little potency. The sun is out and that ay aid a bit of convection perhaps, would be great to see some homegrown showers develop over the far eastern fells.

The sun is also though melting any deposits exposed to it, given we have nil amounts. Will be dipping in an out of radar watching through the daylight hours, but the best watching is from the window. 

Just sitting under freezing still, an ice day highly unlikely.

Tomorrow might be more favourable than today for Cumbria.

Posted

Well this is a poor performance, looking at them streamers 4am this morning, we should have been buried - not even a cm heredoesn't give me much hope as the radar looks like it did early morning... enticing but un producing. 

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

After a brief lull heavy swirling snow is back again. Think East Cheshire has fallen very lucky with the position of this mini streamer via Sheffield/ Buxton way. East coast looks primed to bring some further snow showers to Greater Manchester/ Cheshire later too. Lots currently clustered around Scarborough - Bridlington - Hull. 

Agreed, Sara Blizzard's snow streamers seem to be heading to South and East Cheshire.

• Like 1