Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
44 minutes ago, Bats32 said:

Looking fairly ominous for some thunder to the south of Glasgow. My weather app is telling me it's going to rain in about 20 min.

Ominous is exactly the word I’d use for Glasgow. Very overcast and full, still with some heat although Temperature has dropped markedly too, more than you’d expect just from the sun being obscured.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Ominous is exactly the word I’d use for Glasgow. Very overcast and full, still with some heat although Temperature has dropped markedly too, more than you’d expect just from the sun being obscured.

Yeah, we had a reasonably heavy shower which mostly evaporated as soon as it landed since surfaces are so warm and dry. Bit damp now but much cooler and the radar doesn't look very exciting. The forest/building fires down south look terrible, it doesn't look like the UK!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

These are their unofficial weather reports I think from their Wow network but some very high temps near the border and also around Edinburgh.

D901E58C-4D19-4FED-82AA-340EF95BB9F2.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Rain now off. Slightly brighter, ground drying.

Definite drop off in temperature..29c not long ago, now 24c.

looking forward to a slightly less oppressive night.

• Like 4

Posted

Normally a winter visitor to the forums but what a few days and some incredible temperatures both north and south of the border. Heading home from work last night the car was switching between 29c and 30c. Working from home today and felt even hotter earlier on, but a change rolling in and as others have said, the sun has gone, some showers and even some distant thunder earlier. Big spots of rain evaporating almost the moment they hit the ground. 

• Like 4

Posted

Met Office have confirmed 34.8 at Charterhall. Annoyingly just a little short of 35C but perhaps there will be more data to come from other stations. An amazing and concerning historic day. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A great mass of mammatus overhead now but no more than a few specks of rain. Oh, and a bit of flashbang starting up!!

And here comes the rain too.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted
18 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

Met Office have confirmed 34.8 at Charterhall. Annoyingly just a little short of 35C but perhaps there will be more data to come from other stations. An amazing and concerning historic day. 

That's excellent.  It hasn't reported for a while, but must have being storing the data and they've been able to retrieve it.  Have been to the site because the South of Scotland Car Club have rallys there, it's an ex RAF airfield.  As you say, may be more to come.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
7 minutes ago, dryfie said:

That's excellent.  It hasn't reported for a while, but must have being storing the data and they've been able to retrieve it.  Have been to the site because the South of Scotland Car Club have rallys there, it's an ex RAF airfield.  As you say, may be more to come.

I popped to the Winterfield site, Dunbar this morning, they record at 9GMT daily 

20210401_193612.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

The UK had its hottest day on record on 19th July with temperatures passing 40C in several places for the first time. But how are the official temperatures recorded, inside those mysterious white boxes?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well just sat watching the news to see my home area onfire live on national telly... have had contact from friends still in the area and all seem to have escaped thankfully but some in the area have lost homes and businesses have lost as well.

Definitely a hotter day today here and i must say i am definitely looking forward to the cooler temperatures of the next few days.

• Like 8

Posted

Squall line approaching with some lightning and now overhead thunder. Heavy rain on now. Still   25c 20220719_175242.thumb.jpg.a6761df1b451deb449093fde2aa83c9c.jpg20220719_175323.thumb.jpg.fea612c5f0f9ffd6b4acbd407323255a.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

18:00

BBC 22⁰C, MetO 22⁰C and TWC 23⁰C.

Breeze (westerly) has slightly increased again and is now producing useful cooling across the ward, I'm told. I'm certainly feeling the benefit in my room.

Still entirely overcast but maybe thinner in places and no precipitation as yet.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Weirdly the temp here is at its highest of the day now under full cloud cover at 28.3C.

• Like 6

Posted

Suddenly very windy with a stormy look to the sky.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Still hanging onto high temps here, neighbour says her thermometer is reading 26c and that's on the cool side of the house. Slight breeze but it's hot too!   Earlier on when I went out to fetch in the washing, I could feel the heat radiating from the slabs. Weird, never noticed that before.

• Like 6

Posted

Damp and very misty now at 16c. Rain probably a bit late for spring barley   and most cereals but grass and neeps should benefit. Should help garden veg.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

21:00 Paisley (end of run)

BBC 19⁰C, MetO 21⁰C and TWC 21⁰C.

Bright overcast, light breeze from the west, no sign yet of rain. A very comfortable evening.

So no temperature records broken here at the Royal Alexandra Hospital although it did get pretty hot on both Monday and Tuesday afternoons. Much to do about nuffin, as someone once said.

• Like 9

Posted

So much cooler and fresher this morning rather pleasent lot of cloud around hopefully it break up

• Like 7

Posted

Going forward for the West of Scotland anyway, it looks like showers at the weekend and 19 or 20. This summer in the West has been pretty cool and rainy and don't see that changing much in the near future anyway.

Edited by Bats32

Posted

Ah Aberdeenshire Permagloom™, how we have missed thee....

image.thumb.png.ef48ce59890b68351844149adcb41151.png

Back to normality after the last couple of extraordinary days.

Not a bad temperature though, hit a max of 20c at 1pm, dropped now to 19.5c with calm conditions.

For all the drama in the clouds yesterday evening the rain came to virtually nothing, just enough to dampen the slabs.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Somebody is viewing a rural bungalow tomorrow in Advie, Lettoch, Granton on spey... only 251m asl.....😂😂😂

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 8

Posted
31 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Somebody is viewing a rural bungalow tomorrow in Advie, Lettoch, Granton on spey... only 251m asl.....😂😂😂

Don't keep us hanging! Who is it? 🤣😂

Has hit 24c here and unlike most of yesterday we have blue sky and sunshine. Much nicer day! 

• Like 5