Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
1 hour ago, Bullseye said:

Not sure how reliable ICON is for precipitation but does show something for large part of Scotland on Friday. More of a nudge south meaning snow further south into central belt and down towards Ayr. Tracks further east too bringing Perth/Fife into firing line towards lunchtime Friday. North of central belt looks to be the place on this run. 

ARPEGE looking good too, pushes the front further east also. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Sea, Water, Vegetation, Land, Atlas

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Vegetation, Plant, Atlas, Sea, Person

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Outdoors, Nature, Atlas, Sea, Water, Face, Person

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Map

It would be typical of my location after days around freezing nighties down to minus 10..that I would see rain..couldny make it up !!

• Like 5

Posted

As expected Fubar news (the Aberdeenshire local FB page) is full of reports of roads blocked or barely passable by drifting snow. It's not even really snowing yet either with quite a lot showing up to the north on the radar. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well bbc has me down for a few snaw showers friday followed by sleet and rain overnight... but heavy snaw in warmer conditions on Sunday.. 🧐🧐🧐

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Had a job in West Linton today, on the A720 the van was showing 0c. Got to the car and van was showing -9.. finished a few hours later and it was -11..  why was it so cold there? 

• Like 5

Posted
39 minutes ago, Snowandrocks said:

As expected Fubar news (the Aberdeenshire local FB page) is full of reports of roads blocked or barely passable by drifting snow. It's not even really snowing yet either with quite a lot showing up to the north on the radar. 

Blowing and snowing here.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Well that is a week now of lying snow, so definitely a memorable event - kids off school today so a fraught one trying to get them to do homework 😬

Temperatures now at their highest for a number of days at just below freezing (-0.5c) - maybe the Met Office forecast for sleet overnight may actually have some truth behind it!

Still seems strange though to have warmer weather coming in from the north.

During day hovering around -2c with a strengthening NNW wind.

Surely any sleet would be on the immediate coast.  I think you'll keep the snow.

• Like 3

Posted
47 minutes ago, tiff said:

Had a job in West Linton today, on the A720 the van was showing 0c. Got to the car and van was showing -9.. finished a few hours later and it was -11..  why was it so cold there? 

Was -17C Monday am.

And it's all because Borders is an anagram of 'does brr'.

Sorry. Taxi for shuggee.

• Like 9

Posted
5 hours ago, Dundeeguy said:

@Hawesy looks like even you might have a winter wonderland Friday ?👀

Must be a lot of snow to share around if even the east neuk gets some!!!

Could contain: Text

😀 I’d be amazed if that happens. I expect it will stay dry here. Or some drizzle in the wind.

Cold again today but little temperature variation. Max was 0.6c and min -1.5c. Felt colder in the notable breeze though.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snowing again Aberdeen according to my daughter. Quite heavy flakes blowing in the wind. Clear and frosty here. Northerly winds😟

• Like 5

Posted
17 minutes ago, KTtom said:

Wow, cant you just leave the video on ? 😁

If the high winds continue overnight, there should be some impressive drifting along the Sauchen straight road. If the coast is clear, I will try and film it 👍 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

So....just for fun! Let's merge the UKV image posted by @lorenzo with a Google maps image of my location!

Guess where the sleety pish spot is 😂🤣😂 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Rainforest, Vegetation, Tree, Plant, Outdoors

That's a familiar feeling!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
On 13/12/2022 at 18:42, Spindrift2017 said:

Well, this is a bit more interesting than most recent starts to winter, isn't it?

In the absence of anything to say that you don't already know, I thought I'd post from photos I took on Sunday, from a walk near Lesmahagow, of the famous Lanarkshire alpenglow. 😀

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Tree Trunk, Tree, Plant, Ice, Frost, Snow, SceneryCould contain: Flare, Light, Sunlight, Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Sky, Scenery, Tree TrunkCould contain: Flare, Light, Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Sunlight, Sunrise, Sunset, WeatherCould contain: Road, Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Tree, Plant, Utility Pole, Tree Trunk, Ice

Who's Frida? Another one of these named storms? A visitor from Scandinavia?

Before I forget - special good photos there. Be good to see more if you're out again.

• Like 1

Posted

Not quite as cold so far this evening at -3c. There's a bit of a breeze though so it feels colder than anything so far this week 🥶

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Heavy snow earlier this evening but now temperatures have risen above freezing just, a few drips here and there. But more a wet look to the large flakes. Also the ( thankfully) small spider has popped out by the sink usually a sure sign of rain, may have to squish him if he is right..

• Like 6