Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Morning all, good to see some people doing well out of this, even @Hawesy

i looked out about 5.30 and there was  a fresh covering of powdery looking snow but temps have obviously lifted and it’s a slushy covering on top of the old snow now. Probably the lack of intensity to the band has played its part. Oh well, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for our next cold spell. 🤞❄️🥶

Edited by Polar Side
  • Like 4

Posted

Such fine margins this morning in terms of distances. Raining here now at 0.8c but still snowing a few miles away at St Andrews/Leuchars at -2c. Unfortunately I am on the wrong side of that line! Going to be lots of 'bonanza' and 'bust' reports this morning! I reckon the Trossachs would be the real sweet spot.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 9

Posted

I'm struck by the temperature here. Don't recall seeing a single forecast that had +2c at 7am! Especially given that some realtively nearby coastal locations are still sub zero! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
18 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Where are all the Perth crew in here this morning? 

🙋🏼‍♀️ @Mair Snaw I have a few cms and looking a radar we might get few more before the thaw 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Really coming down hard here now.. love it.. ❄❄❄❄

• Like 9

Posted
14 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'm struck by the temperature here. Don't recall seeing a single forecast that had +2c at 7am! Especially given that some realtively nearby coastal locations are still sub zero! 

I’m at 0.2 on my garden thermometer but I don’t know how accurate it is. First time above 0 for a long time though. I guess the dew points must have risen too. It’s been a decent cold spell though but it was always looking like coming to an end this weekend so not too unexpected.

Maybe we can get a bfte in January!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Polar Side said:

I’m at 0.2 on my garden thermometer but I don’t know how accurate it is. First time above 0 for a long time though. I guess the dew points must have risen too. It’s been a decent cold spell though but it was always looking like coming to an end this weekend so not too unexpected.

Maybe we can get a bfte in January!

I'm looking at Gogarbank to be fair which is just down the road. Probably not that accurate a measure. Yep. Decent cold spell and the chase starts now for the next one 😜

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Bacon sarnies and a cup of tea in bed for the kids.. fuel for snaw fun in a little while.. been a frustrating week waiting for snaw but its been worth it to see the joy on the kids faces..❄❄❄

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Some snow in the ground here but is raining. Reckon that’s it for the Glasgow area now. On the plus side all those with blocked up plumbing might get some respite.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

No snow here at sea level but icy, lots of kids falling over on way to school today. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 7

Posted

Great to see those with snow. Band went north of here and only a touch of a sleety mix on the very southern edge. Frozen solid to the ground but starting to thaw now. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

About 6cms here and easing off here at least for now. Just cleared the paths, looking at the radar we are now on the Northern edge so it is lighter. Temps up a notch but still -1.2C so no dripping yet.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map

• Like 5

Posted

snow has turned to rain here now 

I suspect it will remain so for the rest of today 

a lot fell during the night and has closed schools here

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, Norrance said:

About 6cms here and easing off here at least for now. Just cleared the paths, looking at the radar we are now on the Northern edge so it is lighter. Temps up a notch but still -1.2C so no dripping yet.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map

A lot of models and forecasts have showed the precip band spinning and moving further north for next few hours, will be in the firing line if that comes to fruition 

6/7 cms ish here so far and Heavy snow on again 

Edited by Dundeeguy
  • Like 4