Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

24C nearly wall to wall☀️ probably some of the best birthday conditions I can remember in my 27 years lol 😉

• Like 7

Posted

What a lovely day back to the way we had most of June is it going to last? Nope but hey take it as it is 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The excellent summer continues.

Max of 21.4c with a nice cool breeze during the afternoon, otherwise calm.

Plenty of sunshine and bone dry - everything now has a late summer look thanks to the lack of rain.

Brutal hayfever though, past caring what I look like with bungs of vaseline up each nostril to try and get some relief 🤧

image.thumb.png.adf30fd3bf27089e6b7becdf8c20882a.png

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

First morning in what seems like months that I've needed a jumper to sit outside with my mid morning cup of tea. Quite cool feeling despite the met office forecast mentioning a warm day - guessing it might warm up later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

About ten minutes after I posted the above, the cloud burnt away to leave yet another warm day with so far unbroken hot sunshine. 

• Like 3

Posted

It’s certainly been a month of two halves here so far. The first 11 days of June saw max temperatures below 18c every day (7 of those were 14c or lower!). The last 11 days have seen max temperatures above 18c every day, with 6 of those above 20c. Basically summer started on June 12th in NE Fife. 😁

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Their a bit depressed in the MAD thread 2 weeks of unsettled weather for definite but positive signs of a return of high pressure into early July, hopefully this time next week they, ll be a little cheerier. 

Could contain:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Shame to lose the nice weather for a while but it had to rain sometime and frontal rainfall is the prevailing weather type here so it’s asking about much to expect it to stay away for too long.

After about 2 weeks of this I’ll no doubt be moaning again. Need to remember was it April that it belt like we’d barely seen the sun for weeks.

Posted

Just stepped off a train at Edinburgh Haymarket and it must have absolutely pished down recently as the water pouring into the station is unreal! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Sorry I’ve not been on but it’s been crazy here in Florida. Wednesday, thunderstorms on arrival. Thursday, thunderstorms from very early afternoon through evening. Today we headed to Universal Orlando at 8am with the storms chasing us. Would have been really disappointing if we had not been before as all the outdoor attractions were closed due to the lightning. Seen some belters but as it’s our holiday that has to take priority over trying to catch it on film. Meant to calm down after tomorrow so looking good for @Ross B   

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted

A spell of heavy rain yesterday evening and then a very mild night, minimum here was 16.8c. Currently 18c with some sun.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Kayemill said:

Sorry I’ve not been on but it’s been crazy here in Florida. Wednesday, thunderstorms on arrival. Thursday, thunderstorms from very early afternoon through evening. Today we headed to Universal Orlando at 8am with the storms chasing us. Would have been really disappointing if we had not been before as all the outdoor attractions were closed due to the lightning. Seen some belters but as it’s our holiday that has to take priority over trying to catch it on film. Meant to calm down after tomorrow so looking good for @Ross B   

Ah wondered how you were getting on. I've been keeping an eye on the radar and it's been stormy at some less common times like those early morning ones! Glad it's calming down a bit, although would still like a few storms. Looks stormy over the weekend still, so might have a bumpy landing on Sunday... And bumpy take off from Manchester actually. Enjoy @Kayemill hope the storms go back to the usual quick afternoon downpour. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

21.8C here already this morning, at 8:30am. Have we moved Scotland nearer to the equator? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Our members from Fife i need some advice as tomorrow myself and my two boys are heading to Lochgelly race track for a super car driving experience and would like some details on the weather conditions. @Kirkcaldy Weather and @blitzen @Hawesy?? Any ideas 

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Our members from Fife i need some advice as tomorrow myself and my two boys are heading to Lochgelly race track for a super car driving experience and would like some details on the weather conditions. @Kirkcaldy Weather and @blitzen @Hawesy?? Any ideas 

Not quite as warm as today, with possibility of rain/thunder storm in the afternoon 

• Like 3

Posted
59 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Potential for significant rain in areas but seems very uncertain at the moment as explains in the warning text

Could contain:

• Like 4

Posted
11 hours ago, Kayemill said:

Been in Florida in summer as well and its not a particular good time of year for outdoor attractions as rides often shut due to thunderstorms. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well, certainly feels like the warmest day of the year.  Thermometer reads 26.5c which is perhaps overegging it slightly.

Irrespective, wonderful summers day with a nice cooling southerly breeze to keep the midgies away.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Did the Carnoustie Links walk this afternoon but couldn't carry on to the BarryBudden lighthouse due to the red flags being up for the firing ranges. Maybe just as well as there was no cooling sea breezes today and four miles was enough in the heat and humidity. Top shade temp in my garden today was 26.9C which without checking I think is my highest of the year.

Could contain:

• Like 7

Posted

26c maximum here too very humid after last night's rain but strong sunshine this afternoon. Real grumpy old farmer that does not like this type of heat. Hope its fresher on Monday

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Comfortably the warmest day of the year here by a wide margin. 26c even in coastal NE Fife this afternoon. Lovely breeze too to make it very pleasant. @Mair Snaw as others have said morning looks best tomorrow but showers will be hit and miss. We were under a thunderstorm warning on Wednesday afternoon and stayed dry, such is the nature of storms.

• Like 7

Posted

A very impressive 19.4c outside just now.

A not so pleasant 25c in the house, even with all the windows open, a restless night ahead.

Gorgeous sunset...

image.thumb.png.a3431d62f35b1373a07e04c35709feaf.png

ssdfg.thumb.jpg.4f025d25976c6205ca04a546084f5e92.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Still a sticky 18.8C here. Nice clouds here too this evening and a couple more from the Angus coast walk this afternoon.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 6