Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Another glorious day.

Lots of sunshine till late afternoon when things got a bit cloudier - no rain though.

Max of 26c and light winds.

The show field at Castle Fraser now really showing the effects of the lack of rain.

hhb.thumb.jpg.d3baf2be8909dbd24f4d18a56b5a9606.jpg

2108556273_tth(2).thumb.jpg.acb74a220661a7f5d6ad07a32282b9a1.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Having said that we’ve just had a lightning strike within about half a mile of here. Pretty loud, shook the building.

• Like 3

Posted

Heard that one too,  two storms have formed really quickly around Wishaw. Possibly another one further west which isn't showing on radar yet. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
Just now, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Yes couldn’t be far from me either flash then within 5 or so seconds gun shot thunder.

Yes that was exactly how it went. Was almost like a shock wave. We reckon it was in High Blantyre.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Having said that we’ve just had a lightning strike within about half a mile of here. Pretty loud, shook the building.

1 minute ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Yes couldn’t be far from me either flash then within 5 or so seconds gun shot thunder.

I think I heard the same strike. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Torrential downpour just moved through Mwell along with very close and loud lightning/thunder... hard to say where it struck but the flash was clear even with the blinds shut so i'm guessing nearby.

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Torrential downpour just moved through Mwell along with very close and loud lightning/thunder... hard to say where it struck but the flash was clear even with the blinds shut so i'm guessing nearby.

Yet a couple of miles away here, nothing… It’s like there’s some sort of wishbone effect???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

A lot of thunder off to my West just now. Anyone from Perth around?

edit. Getting closer!

lots of flashes here, no real rain though yet nearby at bridge of Earn I believe been torrential. 

• Like 3

Posted

I’m in Ayr and it’s on top of us but no lightening detector is picking it up I’ve lots count now of the flashes and thunder currently torrential rain 

• Like 3

Posted

Okay I think this one will get us….

3A7060A2-1C39-4993-BAD2-8B76DD8BE06D.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Still seems to be missing the area between EK and Hamilton. Lots of great lightning though.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Still seems to be missing the area between EK and Hamilton. Lots of great lightning.

That bit looks like getting the worst (or best) shortly! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted

Yeah it’s got us. Spectacular lightning and very loud thunder…

• Like 1

Posted

I saw a bolt of lightning in the sky above East Kilbride (I presume cloud to cloud lightning). Not too frequent but some bright flashes and some of the rumbles of thunder have been loud. I’ve not had a direct hit from a storm but I’ve enjoyed watching the lightning on and off for the past few hours from a distance (which I prefer). Not as remarkable as 2020 in terms of persistent, frequent flashes but it’s been an interesting night in terms of the duration of lightning activity in various places accompanied by bright flashes. It hasn’t been a common occurrence in recent years for a heatwave to end this way. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Errrr WTF 🥴🥴🥴 I've never experienced a storm like this and at 6am.  The rain is so heavy you can't even see it I know that might sound weird but honestly and house shaking booms Whats Going On Reaction GIF by CBSScreenshot_20220815-063434_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db235c71a15348760e004d48e8d3af38.jpgScreenshot_20220815-063447_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a13812f7612062ccd7ee804c6598d22b.jpgScreenshot_20220815-063459_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ad4b5b4bbea42e7b6694d31aab02d31.jpgScreenshot_20220815-063512_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ec4cd63afde9f0601c72766f63ee2436.jpg

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I think it's safe to say heatwave over then 😉 decent amount of thunder overnight more incoming today too 

Posted

We had a serious light and sound show at around 1:15. Power went off for about 2 hours according to the oven clock.

• Like 3