Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Despite the rainy/dampness outside really does feel quite warm was chilly yesterday not so today

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.

Not quite a cut and paste from yesterday's pic as it is warmer at 16.9c.  Still dreich though.

A chink of brightness showing on the St Andrews skycam.static_alt_weathercams.thumb.jpg.64b7525057916ca21b9443d10d251610.jpg

static_weathercams.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4

Posted

Morning.

Rinse and repeat (so far)🙄

static_weathercams.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

A very soggy morning, clearing at lunchtime to leave a showery afternoon with brief sunny spells.

Not cold, up to 20c now with a light to moderate SW wind.

668.thumb.jpg.1b6740ed268c3eb4d2ab0d39f2207f09.jpg667.thumb.jpg.c0733a5e74dbd6d2d33c49efe5560104.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

A thought as we head toward winter..😂😂

A few nice sunny days mixed in with some rain at times the last few days but can tell the nights are drawing in and a definite nip in the air early in the morning..

FB_IMG_1661339253530.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Morning all.

Looks better than yesterday at the moment.   Don't trust it though as there is an awful lot of heavy cloud around that the webcam isn't showing.   Kinda need it to at least be dry today as hubby and son dismantling an old wooden garage/workshop that is way past its best!  (kinda like myself!)🙄😄

static_weathercams.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Morning all.

Looks better than yesterday at the moment.   Don't trust it though as there is an awful lot of heavy cloud around that the webcam isn't showing.   Kinda need it to at least be dry today as hubby and son dismantling an old wooden garage/workshop that is way past its best!  (kinda like myself!)🙄😄

static_weathercams.jpg

Hope you have somewhere safe to store the snowblower while thats happening as it could be a vital bit of kit in a few months time..😂😂

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Hope you have somewhere safe to store the snowblower while thats happening as it could be a vital bit of kit in a few months time..😂😂

"Shovel, shovel, toil and trouble"  I long for the day when I can tell you guys to suck it up!!   I won't just take pictures, I will video it!!😛

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

"Shovel, shovel, toil and trouble"  I long for the day when I can tell you guys to suck it up!!   I won't just take pictures, I will video it!!😛

If your using your snowblower then most in here will be more than happy.. 😂😂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I don't think I'll ever see snaw again down here!!  No rain here, we bit cloudy start but turned nice again. Got washing oot.

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely late summer's day.

Light winds, max of 18.5c and a few sunny intervals as suggested by the photo.

660.thumb.jpg.b0441a2d33617ad925198fc1910e1972.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Sunny but cool start at 7c Speaking to my agronomist it seems the sandy soil farms near the coast have not done too well with low yields and poorer quality. He is blaming all the wind we had during the summer up here

• Like 3

Posted

Morning.

Same but different?   Nope, the same!🙄

static_weathercams.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Judging by the radar, the central south has had a very fortunate day.  Dry throughout, cloudy am but breaking to almost unbroken sunshine pm.  Temps up to 22.  Grass cutting am, followed by plum picking and onion lifting, with gages tomorrow.  Still plenty of swallows, but main camera nest now empty, so end of sparrow/tit season.

• Like 4

Posted

Another very respectable summers day with a max of 20c, light winds and sunny spells.

That was until 4pm...

So to the east you got this

image.thumb.png.5bc627061db2c34ffc957dc08262a232.png

But to the west a change incoming

image.thumb.png.0ab0588137d5a623aa75cd065bf92473.png

That change being a band of torrential rain for over an hour, leading to gutters overflowing for the first time since the spring.

And then it was back to summery weather in the evening...  Got to say, this has been one of the better summers weatherwise.

image.thumb.png.0e09b9f6d42e7a47931c2c19d4cafad2.png

• Like 6

Posted
14 hours ago, Quinach said:

Another very respectable summers day with a max of 20c, light winds and sunny spells.

That was until 4pm...

So to the east you got this

image.thumb.png.5bc627061db2c34ffc957dc08262a232.png

But to the west a change incoming

image.thumb.png.0ab0588137d5a623aa75cd065bf92473.png

That change being a band of torrential rain for over an hour, leading to gutters overflowing for the first time since the spring.

And then it was back to summery weather in the evening...  Got to say, this has been one of the better summers weatherwise.

image.thumb.png.0e09b9f6d42e7a47931c2c19d4cafad2.png

I wish west central Fife could say the same Q.   I will remember this summer as one of perpetual cloud.   Day after day the same.  Which always started to clear around 4pm but by that time it was cooling.  Temps usually hung around the 18c mark but occasionally broke the 20c.   Very dry of course, no rain to speak of which has been  becoming a pattern in this area for a few years now.  The only saving grace for me this year was the lovely week of hot sunshine we all had in July.   From the ridiculous cloud to the sublime sunshine you might say!

Today however, the sun is shining  (just payback for my moaning I suspect!)😄

Dunno if KW agrees  as Kirkcaldy is only a few miles away from me?

(but what does he know?!) 😄😛

static_weathercams.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted

A decent enough day so far.. a very cloudy start but the cloud broke around mid morning and has been sunshine and cloud in variable amounts but still good enough for the boys to be out playing footie with friends..

Looks like a cooler spell the next week or so but im still not allowing the heating controls to be touched.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I seem to have had the bst weather on the forum - sunshine every day for at least some of the time and mostly for all of the time. Great summer, really memorable.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 27/08/2022 at 10:43, Blitzen said:

I wish west central Fife could say the same Q.   I will remember this summer as one of perpetual cloud.   Day after day the same.  Which always started to clear around 4pm but by that time it was cooling.  Temps usually hung around the 18c mark but occasionally broke the 20c.   Very dry of course, no rain to speak of which has been  becoming a pattern in this area for a few years now.  The only saving grace for me this year was the lovely week of hot sunshine we all had in July.   From the ridiculous cloud to the sublime sunshine you might say!

Today however, the sun is shining  (just payback for my moaning I suspect!)😄

Dunno if KW agrees  as Kirkcaldy is only a few miles away from me?

(but what does he know?!) 😄😛

static_weathercams.jpg

Actually been a useable summer in the Lang Toun, good amounts of sun I'm sure @Hawesy will be in the know for the sunshine figures from Leuchars probably matches closely with Pitenweem and here and as far as what I know 🧐 I'll put a Virtual bet that there will be a number of met O snow warnings this winter that keep their trend of skimming around Kirkcaldy 🤣 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Actually been a useable summer in the Lang Toun, good amounts of sun I'm sure @Hawesy will be in the know for the sunshine figures from Leuchars probably matches closely with Pitenweem and here and as far as what I know 🧐 I'll put a Virtual bet that there will be a number of met O snow warnings this winter that keep their trend of skimming around Kirkcaldy 🤣 

Hi KW.

Oh I agree that this summer's weather has been for the most part usable.   Never was cold, just kinda permagloomish?   I am indeed beginning to wonder if there is now some sort of micro climate thing going on here?   Very, very dry and cloudy most days.   I can see it myself on the Fife webcams too where the likes of St.Andrews has bright sunshine along with a lot of the east coast villages and we are mostly socked in?   Wonder if our asl height has anything to do with it?  Highest town in Fife and all that?

Anyhoo... if you think you are probably going to be devoid of snow (?) this winter...You will not be requiring a loan of my snowblower!!  😉 I doubt that it still works anyway!🙄

• Like 2

Posted

After a lovely warm and mainly sunny weekend, a return to more typical Aberdeenshire weather.

Yep, Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ is back in all its grey glory - along with a few pulses of drizzle.

Light winds and a cool feeling max of 14c (currently 13.1c) - very small diurnal range as a result as the overnight low was 11.8c.

image.thumb.png.8b13df4a2f3c8020511cf02258bf1e19.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Exactly the same here but a tad milder. Currently 15C with some light drizzle about.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Lit the wood burner for the first time in months on returning home from work. House wasn't overly cold, and the heating system knew that so hadn't kicked in, but as it was cool and grey outside it just felt like the right thing to do. 

• Like 4