Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just heard the geese going over this morning - that's winter on the way now 🥶

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Just heard the geese going over this morning - that's winter on the way now 🥶

Blimey, that's early isn't it?   Usually towards the end of September before I hear them here.

Dreich morning.   Must have been some rain as things are wet outside.  12c.

Weathercam pic being a bit obstinate this morning.   Will have to go take a look.

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Fantastic weather last few days, can’t remember which day hit 24c. 
Pretty humid, dry and often sunny.

Today has breached 21c and i’m slightly sunburnt. Very decent summer after a slow start

• Like 4

Posted
10 hours ago, dryfie said:

No sign of any swallows leaving as yet in these parts.  Sometimes away by month's end.

Not seen any for a wee while here.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Blimey, that's early isn't it?   Usually towards the end of September before I hear them here.

Dreich morning.   Must have been some rain as things are wet outside.  12c.

Weathercam pic being a bit obstinate this morning.   Will have to go take a look.

Geese may be resident ones who don"t migrate have seen some here at unusual times. A bit of a chill in the air in the mornings with an onshore breeze from the north combined with some sea fog which burns off by afternoon allowing harvest to continue. More humid now too but ground baked dry and although rain in forecast for the UK my local one hardly shows any well into next week Cairngorms probably taking most of it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all.

The sun is shining for a change here which makes everything look and feel better.

Which is just as well,  now that the old garage/workshop has been dismantled.  We have a bit of work to do, levelling the site (and then figure out what we are going to do with it!)🙄

13.4c/ NE wind 4mph

static_weathercams.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4

Posted

Overcast cool start turned into fabulous blue sky afternoon with almost hot sunshine. Lots of last fields being harvested.

As I was taking in bales this evening we had the first hint of a frosty sunset.A real chill to the evening, currently 8c20220831_205409.thumb.jpg.aa727f35281f7b6e91a49e74965a9177.jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Very similar here. Max of 16.8C but felt a lot warmer in the sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

High of 17.5C late afternoon, and it certainly felt warm when I got home from work. BUt felt distinctly chilly out just now at 6.9C, as I threw an unimpressed dog out for her last pee before bed. She didn't linger. 

• Like 3

Posted
On 30/08/2022 at 21:26, Northernlights said:

Geese may be resident ones who don"t migrate have seen some here at unusual times.

That must have been it NL. cos I havent seen or heard any more, just that one morning.

• Like 4

Posted

Little bit grey misty and chilly! Coldest it's been during the morning for quite a while

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

3c at 6am this morning, definite chill in the air. Looking forward to seeing how this winter shapes up over the coming few months.. one part of me wants an absolute stonking winter but the bill payer in me is hoping for a mild one..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

We've had some lovely weather this week which more than makes up for the mediocre summer we had. Temp got down to 7c on Tuesday night, so much cooler than I'd have expected. Another wall to wall sunshine day, current temp is around 18c. I'll take that any day! 🌞

• Like 4

Posted

New season, new low temperature overnight at 2.1c and a very heavy dew on the grass as a result - I suspect a ground frost further inland.

Temperature soaring though thanks to the clear blue skies, now a very pleasant 19.3c with light winds.

Resident House Martins getting very agitated and flocking so I suspect they'll be on the move south shortly - Swifts left weeks ago and not seen any Swallows since the weekend.

• Like 3

Posted

Started grey as I said already and chilly skies cleared was nice for a bit but has clouded in and that breeze is picking up a sign of things to come

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Saturday and especially Monday are on my radar for thundery activity still a few changes with new runs on the exact areas but

Saturday, looks like anywhere closest to the west coast will be the prime spot with continuous thundery rain training over similar areas animetf6.gif

Monday nice CAPE building up probably some pretty intense storms about, a better idea on locations once we get to Sat/Sun animlwx6.gif

• Like 6

Posted

I'll predict 🔮 that warning gets extended inland 😏 Screenshot_20220902_085724.thumb.jpg.0577f61f3d12058a8a1a0f02c14b1aac.jpgScreenshot_20220902_085930.thumb.jpg.74de5a848cc5282aa44a9f88f19aba6b.jpgScreenshot_20220902_085701.thumb.jpg.1e091b8500220fecfb650e78508df368.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Not so chilly this morning, its dull and overcast and a slight breeze. Still up in the high teens for a few days but then looks like down to mid teens toward week 2 of the month.

Was out for a drive to Aboyne with the eldest child yesterday and we both noted the trees have started to change colour already.

I've not been over in the model thread or any of the others for an early indication of what winter may bring. Any of the more knowledgeable folk in here have any ideas on what may be coming our way??

Posted
7 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I'll predict 🔮 that warning gets extended inland 😏 Screenshot_20220902_085724.thumb.jpg.0577f61f3d12058a8a1a0f02c14b1aac.jpgScreenshot_20220902_085930.thumb.jpg.74de5a848cc5282aa44a9f88f19aba6b.jpgScreenshot_20220902_085701.thumb.jpg.1e091b8500220fecfb650e78508df368.jpg

😏Screenshot_20220902_163402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.14d13cc93709b87d340ca56ae9798d06.jpgScreenshot_20220902_163426_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9be306c318bca68688af430bcf20f705.jpg smidge nearer to Glasgow and it'll be close to perfect I think 😎

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
8 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

I've not been over in the model thread or any of the others for an early indication of what winter may bring. Any of the more knowledgeable folk in here have any ideas on what may be coming our way??

Early indications for this winter are lots of arguing, toys being thrown from prams, people swearing that that's it, they ain't posting any more before reappearing only 2 days later, and all before the end of November. 

Or did you mean predictions of the weather, not the MOD thread theatrics? 

Decent day here today, and hopefully not too grey and dismal on Sunday as the cyclists doing the first stage of the Tour of Britain whizz past my house. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3