Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Lovely afternoon now with some pleasant sunshine and a gentle mild breeze after a very wet morning. 

The burn beside the house is now a torrent of peaty water coming down off Bennachie - first time in a while! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I thought my prediction had been poor but looks like the main precip so far has been North and south of here 

b25lY21zOmExYjdkNzE1LTUyNWItNDk1ZS1iNTc0
WWW.FIFETODAY.CO.UK

Replacement buses are set to operate out of a Fife train station after heavy rain flooded the Perth area, and blocked all lines.

Still on track with my call then 😀 

Screenshot_20220908_123752.thumb.jpg.6d02e5970a81b8b81951784a67ab3e82.jpgScreenshot_20220908_123807.thumb.jpg.880a94541b9d39f1b80f80e1ac354296.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Showery am and very humid.Very misty  and this mist has  a blue shading which always says to me that the rain has not finished yet. Currently 16c

• Like 4

Posted

We're getting persistent torrential rain here, although we are outside of the warning area surprisingly... Looking at the radar and precip forecasts it feels like we'll be waking up to stories of flooding on top of those from the Perth area earlier! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

A monsoon shower at 1:30am yeah go on then 😂🤣 and all this incomingScreenshot_20220909_013349_Chrome.thumb.jpg.33e5dfccdb3348830ef0d9dbc729c33b.jpg absolute baffling the Met have not put a new rain warning up 🙄 

• Like 3

Posted

Rain hasn't stopped! Brutal spell of weather! All memories of summer heatwaves and droughts fading quickly. September has been crap so far! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted

Rain's finally cleared and got blue sky starting to appear not half breezy though

• Like 3

Posted

Two random photos from this week. 

Windy, dry just now 12.7C at 4pm. Coldest in a long while...

PXL_20220904_134045262.jpg

PXL_20220903_165620600.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly cloudy here but mostly dry and a bit of brightness at times giving a lovely sunset. One pic is from my ipad and does not really show the colours. The second from someone at Dundee Law is a bit more like it.

EA7FE8ED-D949-4ED0-A1D9-FBF3B36E494A.jpeg

C971B2CC-082A-44A6-B5EB-BB4FF43D27F3.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Looks like a decent week coming up with slightly cooler temperatures which would be welcome. Maybe a wee touch of autumnal chill in the air at night.

Loads and loads of insects around as well still. Anyone getting loads of fruit flies in their house? A we drop in temperatures might come in handy in killing them off.

• Like 5

Posted

Absolutely cracking day after the rainfest this week! Managed to get down to the coast with the fishing rod for the first time in forever. Caught hee haw but to be honest I just enjoyed just being out. Sunshine, about 19c, calm water, lapping waves. Lovely stuff. 

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Absolutely cracking day after the rainfest this week! Managed to get down to the coast with the fishing rod for the first time in forever. Caught hee haw but to be honest I just enjoyed just being out. Sunshine, about 19c, calm water, lapping waves. Lovely stuff. 

Agree, barely a ripple in the sea today at Troon 🤩

20220910_130332.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A slightly milder start here just along the road, with a low of 6C. Very pleasant day yesterday with temps in the mid teens. I spent much of the day rearranging the main wood store, which is now full of a combination of last year's purchased wood and what I've managed to split so far of this years storm losses. I still have lots of the latter to split, and assorted branches to cut into lengths. Well not be short of wood to burn whatever the winter brings. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
13 hours ago, chemikal said:

Not a bad day for mid September! Went out for an walk in the countryside outside Clarkston this morning. Absolutely glorious. The photo of the church is looking NE towards the east end of Glasgow with the tail end of the Campsies with the Ochil Hills in the background. Red Admiral butterfly? Nice sunset as well.

I went to visit my friend in Clachan, Mull of Kintyre a month ago during the hot spell. I posted some photos in the wrong thread. Nothing at all to do with the beers I had that evening… Photos were taken from the bottom of his garden.

8655DF98-5DC6-4934-BB95-E4A3C2A39C47.jpeg

BAF94BC1-2956-4E1F-AF7C-B6990EA071DB.jpeg

1C178E5D-C9B1-4CFA-8C2D-D527097D169A.jpeg

D0637780-078F-4274-B0CB-896F45259E67.jpeg

9CBB20AB-2F25-4185-B9DD-9C7344C746C5.jpeg

C0BA7D67-79F7-4D1E-B981-FA27CF27BE7C.jpeg

Nice pics, making me look forward to my hol up nearby there at the end of the month. Butterfly is a Peacock 👍🏼

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
14 hours ago, Quinach said:

Lovely sunny start to the day, cloud increasing as the day went on to leave heavy rain since 5pm.

Not cold, max of 17.5c and even now still 14c; generally light winds.

Decent crowds at Aboyne to see the Queen's cortege, a real sense of history in the making.

image.thumb.png.887b307bd6dee72284d72869fecc3b46.png

image.thumb.png.26e5208242d94fe528333cf1a8e1f645.png

She went past just a few minutes walk from my house in Dundee too. Not really a royalist but there was definitely a sense of occasion and the passing of an era.

• Like 5