Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A pretty decent day today. Fair amount of cloud at times, but reasonable sunny spells between. Max 26.2 °C, which is a new high for me this year. It will almost certainly only last 24 hours, of course! Tomorrow's heat might be a little too much for me, so although I hope we break 30 °C I'm quite glad that this won't be an extended heatwave. Would have liked rather better weather for the weekend, but at least it won't be a washout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

22.4c and dropping. Anyone seen the very thin bands on sat images and radar, looks good.

267773330_sat241940.thumb.jpg.0c724be8ba2ed2b81e4b4c04ad1ee4ee.jpg1900560682_ppn2040.thumb.jpg.c74ff6c420406db0d93a92ad9e58bacd.jpg

As for storm(s), i know its been looked over just now in the relavent forum, but with is fast temprature drop who knows what may happen.

Metcheck and Windy got a few sparks for 7am to 10am

windy2.thumb.jpg.7a5b03fc5ac1f5d5a6029ab8c7fe08cd.jpgmetcheck.thumb.jpg.f7142e2d675cd071e039e33935d462fb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Light rain here now not on radar.

Anyone still up?

Edit 2 Cat came in frizziy wet

Edited by LeeKay/
inrease on ppn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The maximum of 28.3c here yesterday equalled the June record ( since 1977 ) for the 4th time. The same value was reached on the 30th in 1995, the 19th in 2005 and the 19th in 2017. Looking at records for my previous site, which was only a few miles away but 130 mts lower, the maximum on June 28th 1976 would have been about 1c higher than yesterday at the current site.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hands up those who think that there has been a remarkable change in the weather in just 6 hrs.?

Yesterday my back garden recorded 32.3C max in the sun. 31.0C in the shade.

Today with rain (8mms, so far). I am now recording 12.1C.

Thats a difference of 20  degrees centigrade in 16 hours.

Any comments from anybody about jets or rockets in the locality will be welcome as its b ---- cold here now.

As also will reports of terrible swings in temperature of 0.1C per decade in the last 150 years. 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The other half looked at me gone out at 6am when I advised taking something warm to wear later as she left to take the granddaughter to the Harry Potter Tour. It was 23Cthen, down from a max of 31.7C yesterday... down to 14C now.

Posted

32'c yesterday to 12.9'c at the same time today 14.35pm!!! madness!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Hands up those who think that there has been a remarkable change in the weather in just 6 hrs.?

Yesterday my back garden recorded 32.3C max in the sun. 31.0C in the shade.

Today with rain (8mms, so far). I am now recording 12.1C.

Thats a difference of 20  degrees centigrade in 16 hours.

Any comments from anybody about jets or rockets in the locality will be welcome as its b ---- cold here now.

As also will reports of terrible swings in temperature of 0.1C per decade in the last 150 years. 

MIA

I’d love to see a 20 degree swing in Winter,

you manage it, 8c to -12 Yes please

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Miserable day here today, down there with the very worst summer days. Daytime max* of 13.2 °C and rain almost the entire time, barring a short stretch in the morning when it was merely overcast and dull! Of course this was the Saturday of the Bewdley Food Festival, held outdoors by the river... I hope the stallholders have a rather better experience tomorrow, as it must have been quite grim today.

* I record midnight to midnight, but today it was unrepresentative as the max was 19.2 °C just after midnight. Didn't get anywhere near that during daytime!

• Like 1

Posted

It reminded me a lot of 30 June/1 July 1995. That sweltering Friday that was still hot at 10pm, turned into a cool, cloudy Saturday with what must have been close to a 15C drop, but there was no rain let alone storms. There was some here yesterday evening but that was well after the temperature change occurred. 

That time the heat had been building for about 10 days which wasnt the case this time, but it otherwise seemed very similar. As I remember Sunday 2nd was a slight recovery (today the sun came out at 6pm) and it got warmer again the following week culminating in that amazing storm on 10-11 July....

• Like 2

Posted

Last weeks forecast after the heat we had Friday, for this week was forecasted to be quite cool....BUT how wrong it was

A9D4BE5B-07D5-496B-BB46-C39488799412.thumb.png.78b0350a7d196c9c29fccd014abaa676.png

• Like 1

Posted

What an unexpectedly perfect day today. Loads of sun, and the 20C felt much higher in the light breeze. Now slipped into a beautiful late evening, although it could do with being a few degrees higher. Is there anything nicer than a long light UK summer evening? The downward spiral starts again after tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Cloud starting to fill in slowly now, temp at 23C, not likely to hit 26/27C at the moment.

Posted
6 hours ago, DIS1970 said:

Cloud starting to fill in slowly now, temp at 23C, not likely to hit 26/27C at the moment.

My high was bang on 27c today could be 29c tomorrow, well that’s what the Beeb is saying....but we’ll see

• Like 1

Posted

Considerably warmer than yesterday, the car was pretty accurate at 23C then, showing 28C today.

Still far from sure about possible storms, reckon the year without a single rumble will continue. 

Posted
1 hour ago, davehsug said:

Considerably warmer than yesterday, the car was pretty accurate at 23C then, showing 28C today.

Still far from sure about possible storms, reckon the year without a single rumble will continue. 

I agree with that. No sign of any storms in this area on the radar and just a few spots of rain have fallen so far from the showers moving north. It is much cooler here  though, currently 19.4c compared to 24.5c around this time yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

I agree with that. No sign of any storms in this area on the radar and just a few spots of rain have fallen so far from the showers moving north. It is much cooler here  though, currently 19.4c compared to 24.5c around this time yesterday.

Yeah, cooled considerably here now with 100% cloud cover. Just feel now, that at almost 4.30, there would be something kicking off somewhere, and apart from the couple of strikes earlier in South Wales, the lightning detector is blank.

• Like 1

Posted

All the action seems to be developing over Lancashire and into south Cumbria. Still not enough rain here to damp the yard let alone nourish the plants.

Had the cloud and showers not moved up from the south early this afternoon I think the June  record maximum would have been under threat here. The maximum of 24.8c was reached at 1114 g.m.t, with clear skies there would have been another 4 or 5 hours of heating so maybe another 3 or 4 degrees could have been added to that.

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

My high was bang on 27c today could be 29c tomorrow, well that’s what the Beeb is saying....but we’ll see

Yesterday 29c was forecasted for today in central areas/Midlands , Nope...for me was 25.9c

Can’t moan....it’s been a lovely few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Yesterday 29c was forecasted for today in central areas/Midlands , Nope...for me was 25.9c

Can’t moan....it’s been a lovely few days

Too cloudy from the south, hottest part of day here was around 9am

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Warm with long sunny spells so far today and very blustery, A great day for drying 3 loads of washing!

Posted
3 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Warm with long sunny spells so far today and very blustery, A great day for drying 3 loads of washing!

Yes, a few gusts over 40 mph here today P.M and two loads of washing dried.

• Like 1