Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

Yes it will come, ive not flown my drone in the dark yet or snow! I know it has RTH etc takes some big round ones to do it tho!

I have flown mine a few times in the dark, what i have done is purchased a bright anti collision strobe light which I can remove helps with locating it in the air, also lights all around the garden so it is lit up like a Christmas tree to aid in locating base navigating landing

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
6 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

Yes it will come, ive not flown my drone in the dark yet or snow! I know it has RTH etc takes some big round ones to do it tho!

Flown it a few times now in dark, but often ice starts to build on the propellers so have to be careful.

I have the Mini 3 fly more combo but with the controller that attaches to the phone. Which model have you got?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
2 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

Don't think ive ever seen drone footage in the snow at night only seen it in the day over snow covered land, good it has RTH else it could be going anywhere with the visibility in the snow lol. Keeping an eye and hoping that the less cold dew points don't come up here before or during we get the heavy snow as the latest radar has rain heading further north around Hereford/Worcester.

• Like 2

Posted

No matter how many snow events I go through, the first layer of evaporating snowfall ahead of the front always makes me anxious.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.
1 minute ago, yozza1987 said:

I have flown mine a few times in the dark, what i have done is purchased a bright anti collision strobe light which I can remove helps with locating it in the air, also lights all around the garden so it is lit up like a Christmas tree to aid in locating base navigating landing

Thank you, but one question would the aid of lights overshoot me on 249g? It has lights on the port side and a downlink on telemitry to the controller in live video, so if i dont go daft i still know where i am - i know thats easyer said than done when at 120 meters high!

• Like 1

Posted

Just drove Church Stretton to Ludlow and back, and it’s really been coming down nicely the last 90 mins or so.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Flown it a few times now in dark, but often ice starts to build on the propellers so have to be careful.

I have the Mini 3 fly more combo but with the controller that attaches to the phone. Which model have you got?

I have the mini 3 fly more with the dji controller, 3 batts leads etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, LeeKay/ said:

Thank you, but one question would the aid of lights overshoot me on 249g? It has lights on the port side and a downlink on telemitry to the controller in live video, so if i dont go daft i still know where i am - i know thats easyer said than done when at 120 meters high!

I have got the mini 2, when I added the strobe light it came in at 248g, if you weigh yours before hand you may find even though it states 249 it weighs less with battery, use the difference for your light.

it has been stated on a few forums regarding weights with strobe lights etc. and it does make it easier at 120meters, you cannot see it the thing at that height at night

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, yozza1987 said:

I have got the mini 2, when I added the strobe light it came in at 248g, if you weigh yours before hand you may find even though it states 249 it weighs less with battery, use the difference for your light.

it has been stated on a few forums regarding weights with strobe lights etc. and it does make it easier at 120meters, you cannot see it the thing at that height at night

I know i tryed it the other weekend at 120m can see everything on the controller, but he drone looks lik a house martin 1 mile away!

The LED lampost is doing well, my van is white over too, ill take a few pics whist the snow is here

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.
14 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Raining south Brum. how useless

Can confirm. It's raining here (as expected), and temperatures have gone up to 0.6C in an hour, marking the start of a dreary week of weather.

Edited by Snowshine
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowshine said:

Can confirm. It's raining here (as expected), and temperatures have gone up to 0.6C in an hour, marking the start of a rubbish week of weather.

Which part of warwick you in mate!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.
Just now, sheikhy said:

South of the region in Stratford

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Chasing Snow
Just now, Snowshine said:

Can confirm. It's raining here (as expected), and temperatures have gone up to 0.6C in an hour, marking the start of a rubbish week of weather.

Can also Confirm Sleet, Birmingham Airport. The odd flake.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Congrats to all those who have seen snow! Currently in Cali, so slightly disappointed that I am missing this event, but I am sure this is just a teaser for the upcoming season 😁 

Also what an event for the Lakes, all models failed 😅

Edited by Midlander

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Snow here and what’s known as a sugar coating lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

The LED lampost is doing well, my van is white over too, ill take a few pics whist the snow is here

IMG_20231203_001305.jpg

IMG_20231203_001338.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
7 minutes ago, Snowshine said:

Can confirm. It's raining here (as expected), and temperatures have gone up to 0.6C in an hour, marking the start of a dreary week of weather.

Sleet here i guess soon be rain but at 500ft ever hopeful

Posted
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Definitely touch and to for us. Sleet at Brum airport doesn't bode well. But then we are stil -1.7c right now 🤷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair weather, hate snow/ice. Hate rain even more.

Sleety rain here in Solihull 🙄

UPDATE: ooh it's turned to light snow. The cat is getting excited 😊 

Edited by wende123
Updated conditions
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

Definitely touch and to for us. Sleet at Brum airport doesn't bode well. But then we are stil -1.7c right now 🤷

Yeh looking on a knife edge man!!!got same temp here!!it weird though as some places way south and west of brummy reporting snow!!

Edited by sheikhy
  • Like 1

Posted

Relieved to say it's snowing here with a dusting starting to settle, but reports in Birmingham have me rattled, thought you would be safe mostly being 200m+.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Canal now frozen over again, last hour, and only a thin skin, although looking under, will possibly go an inch deep. 20231203_002232.thumb.jpg.f7d57ddf7d8847f264d87b2cb9a7df80.jpg

The snow has just started, no rain, so after previous comments, have just stuck the dji3 batteries on charge, as if I dont wake up to white, will have to blame Hancock and Boris again.

Currently -2.2c, dewpoint -2.1, 

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
Just now, matty40s said:

Canal now frozen over again, last hour, and only a thin skin, although looking under, will possibly go an inch deep. 20231203_002232.thumb.jpg.f7d57ddf7d8847f264d87b2cb9a7df80.jpg

The snow has just started, no rain, so after previous comments, have just stuck the dji3 batteries on charge, as if I dont wake up to white, will have to blame Hancock and Boris again.

Snowing in northampton?!!!!