Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

This doesn't look good... could be a lot of rain for the region over the coming days (or snow for the lucky ones).

1.thumb.png.54b9ffdb89a38ab7537336b903b8ee44.png

Edited by Snowshine
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.
5 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Finishing up now, good 6-7cm settled. 

IMG_20231203_024402775.thumb.jpg.13f03a5f056abf68d7a7cd4aa91cb26b.jpg

I had to look twice the telecoms wire looks like a cable car run in Austia!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Lisa Martin said:

It really pepped up after the first video to huge flakes 😍 going quiet now though 

Ace, glad you enjoyed it, flakes looked massive in the vids! The Aroura the other night, i missed it Friday 10pm ish Any luck?

3 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

Ace, glad you enjoyed it, flakes looked massive in the vids! The Aroura the other night, i missed it Friday 10pm ish Any luck?

I didn’t manage to get out Friday and go looking (it was misty here unfortunately) but did catch it very briefly last weekend when I was up in Bradford 🥰

IMG_3406.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted

Dead on 0.0c now. Settled snow white over. If i can stay awake 5 more hours (after being up from 4am Saturday) Wil be brilliat photograpy at dawn.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lisa Martin said:

I didn’t manage to get out Friday and go looking (it was misty here unfortunately) but did catch it very briefly last weekend when I was up in Bradford 🥰

IMG_3406.jpeg

Ahh Brilliant well done, note the vertical light pillars too, rare, very rare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers

All eyes on sunday night/monday now, if we can get that low to drop just slightly south so we dont pick up those southerly winds (as the euro shows) i think the whole region will have a decent snow event

image.thumb.png.68fe0b25139d30d515ba837e90709807.png image.thumb.png.e00ff5e73ccc76fa7b38ae48cd8bea50.pngimage.thumb.png.0c4bbdef3450fbdb9f919a2f2aa75d6a.pngimage.thumb.png.e366c43029c71a172266ee579f2db313.pngimage.thumb.png.4bec8a8759b24c2f307e2aad83b2ae97.png

Posted

Good covering here in Newark in the last hour, Looks likely to continue for another couple, too

Probably end up with 5cm or so I imagine. All surfaces including the main town roads are covered, so much for the gritters!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Lisa Martin said:

Thankyou 😍 I was chuffed even with a glimpse. Planning a trip to Lapland for next winter so hoping for proper lights once there 😝

Wow, you will see them there, just keep a eye on the solar cycle - as you know the live camers are there. In time ill try send you a few links than might be helpfull, as an amateur astronomer / weather watcher, my old saying is to look up not down, how many do that these days?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Polar Low said:

Good covering here in Newark in the last hour, Looks likely to continue for another couple, too

Probably end up with 5cm or so I imagine. All surfaces including the main town roads are covered, so much for the gritters!

They’ve been out since 6pm mate 👍 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.
16 minutes ago, WeatherArc said:

All eyes on sunday night/monday now, if we can get that low to drop just slightly south so we dont pick up those southerly winds (as the euro shows) i think the whole region will have a decent snow event

image.thumb.png.68fe0b25139d30d515ba837e90709807.png image.thumb.png.e00ff5e73ccc76fa7b38ae48cd8bea50.pngimage.thumb.png.0c4bbdef3450fbdb9f919a2f2aa75d6a.pngimage.thumb.png.e366c43029c71a172266ee579f2db313.pngimage.thumb.png.4bec8a8759b24c2f307e2aad83b2ae97.png

Most of the region* 🙃

Posted

Gritters, good point not seen one at all, my ring cam triggers vehicles on the lane, and the Ice warning is now valid after the snow.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowshine said:

Most of the region* 🙃

hope you guys down there get something as well 🙂 just depends on where this system positions itself, if it shifts slightly south again you'll be in luck!

would also watch the backside of the low as it drags down colder air behind it, the euro has all of warwickshire with atleast 2cm by monday night

Edited by WeatherArc

Posted
29 minutes ago, tooby said:

They’ve been out since 6pm mate 👍 

Must only be focusing on the likes of Lincoln Road, London Road, Bypass etc then. And even that is largely covered now I'm told.

I'm not really moaning. Will be issues for rush hour though, right in the town centre (Church) the roads are under a reasonable, full blanket; so the residential streets and back roads a little further out the town centre will be worse affected.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
52 minutes ago, WeatherArc said:

0z gfs highlights how that lows position will be critical to which places see snow 

image.thumb.png.879ac57ac5d55c8bb935a7ad7e32e5c4.pngimage.thumb.png.b82da38e61b8e5cc1c1b3f1eb781de91.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Had a couple of cm in the end, better than I was hoping for. It still feels very cold, hard to believe rain is forcast in a couple of hours. My kids want to go out in it now while it's still dark!

20231203_065459.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Well done to all that got snow 🥶❄️❄️

looking out it seems we had 2-3cm but is now melting rapidly ☹️

gone very misty too 

hope this is just the start of a long snowy winter 🤞🏻

• Like 1