Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Yeah, the gloom in the evening was really disappointing. We did get a bit of sunshine here in Worcs in the afternoon, but that just meant having to turn on the light at 5:30 was even more depressing. Tomorrow looks potentially wetter than originally forecast too, though it'll be showers so I might be lucky and miss most of them.

Posted
5 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Could contain: Outdoors, NatureCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Field, Grassland, Land, Horizon, Cumulus, Grass

Absolute mickey take, that line of cloud refusing to budge when you can clearly see the sunny bit less than 10 miles to the N and NE. Lovely afternoon around Whitchurch and Market Drayton by the looks of it...

While if you look towards Shrewsbury...Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Grass, Tree, Scenery, Countryside, Meadow, Weather

(These pics were taken from about 7 miles N of Shrewsbury, about 1 1/2 miles NE of where I live)

It would seem Shrewsbury often gets the short straw weather wise?! 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Don said:

It would seem Shrewsbury often gets the short straw weather wise?! 🤣

Lol you couldn't make it up... here's the latest satellite

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Storm, Hurricane

And yesterday afternoon's

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature

Where do the masses of cloud cross each other? Yep, right over here. Completely overcast now after giving us hope with some sunshine this morning.....

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

And now it's raining, not classic April showers but that soaking fine stuff you get off slack lows in November

Raining here too, but at least that gets me out of mowing the lawn! 😉

1 hour ago, Summer of 95 said:

Where do the masses of cloud cross each other? Yep, right over here. Completely overcast now after giving us hope with some sunshine this morning.....

You have got to laugh!! 🤣🤣

Posted

Sun has made an appearance again bit still loads of cloud just lurking. Feels warmer definitely but mostly because it's so humid. Think we have made the 16C at last (was 15 at midday) but I would be surprised to see 18

Edit: Not so sure, Shawbury was 15.7 at 1200UT but back down to 15 on the latest Metar. And I think they have been a bit warmer than here yesterday and today due to being in the sun more (clearer to the east both times)...

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Best of April 2023 around Coventry and Warwickshire. Like March not great in terms of weather.

Today isn't an exception with some rain currently, but still there were some decent days to be had, with a lot of photographic opportunities, ranging from convection to sunsets and spring flowers. 

Could contain: Art, Collage, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sphere, Person, Flare, Flower, Plant

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Here we go...

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Other than the rain early this morning, the best day in some while here. (Saturday was great for a few hours but fell apart later on.) I got up to 17.1 °C, the second warmest of the year. There was no further rain, a decent amount of sun and light winds. A walk in the park in the afternoon was genuinely enjoyable. Might get another 2-3 days of this, which if so would be the longest settled(ish) period here for months. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few minutes of 7-10 mm hail here between  1745 and 1750 g.m.t. I'd just moved some young plants from the greenhouse to harden off and began to wish I'd left them in there when it stopped as suddenly as it began.

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, thunder (and blustery rain) now in Bewdley as well. Earlier it was very nice indeed in the sun. A new 2023 high for me (19.5 °C, curses!) and lots of people sitting outside and down by the river. Wouldn't want to be sitting in the park now though! ☔

• Like 1

Posted

Had a right ol' downpoar a few mins ago. Gone quite breezy too - oh as i type i just hear a rumble of thunder must be just noth of cannock looking at radar. Glad i logged in for rain report, got treated to a rumble of thunder!

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation

Edited by LeeKay/
added radar image Edit2 blitz lightining image
  • Like 1

Posted

And another rumble now @Peachy you must of heard that ! 🙂

Posted

The brief sunny spell may well give another bit of hope for brum / north mids area, looks good on sat 24. Temp top up!

Posted

Thunder, lightning, hail from that lot that went through between 1430-1515ish. Got soaked walking the dogs but nice to at least be out of the no storms club at quite an early date for us, even if I'm still in the no 18C club let alone the no 20 one!

Edited by Summer of 95
  • Like 1

Posted

oof -  i gtg for a while. phone call my mom is poorly - ill get back to you all, enjoy the late storms if they happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

A very wet evening after torrential rain for close to 20 minutes. Left a lot of standing water in the garden with grass becoming waterlogged. More to come tomorrow!

Was nice earlier with sunshine but then storms came in which was exciting. Tomorrow I imagine much less pleasant. 

Could contain: Plant, Water, Grass

Could contain: Chart, Plot, White Board

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1

Posted

She's ok now, thank god.

A couple of photos from the Old 350d canon stock lens. From the rumbles i heard this afternoon heading in and out.

pic 1 south inteval of 20 mins?  Pic 2 north

Older stuff like VHS is kinda cool no? Got a sony handycam early 2008 ish on the way. Still have my Hi8 Sony cam corder too, dcr-trv270e cant find no way to run a firewire feed to win 7 tho. Oh well lost storms in the clouds! I have a microsoft cam 780p

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather

Could contain: Camera, Electronics, Video Camera, Digital Camera, Mobile Phone, Phone

Edited by LeeKay/
added model for cam and image of old cams! sorry edit was long
  • Like 2

Posted

So @Arnie Pie if anything  i can help out with? the 720 micro is going. Anything to help you out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
13 hours ago, LeeKay/ said:

So @Arnie Pie if anything  i can help out with? the 720 micro is going. Anything to help you out

Cheers Leekay

Thanks for the offer🙂

I was trying most of yesterday to find an old cam which was able to stream to no avail .. However a HDMI mini convertor from eBay arrived in the post this morning, and it seems to be working with My old Panasonic HC-V10

Early days yet, mainly cause i don`t understand how😅

I will be testing a YouTube steam shortly and will require some feedback ie audio, frame rates

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light rain and a foggy evening.

Posted

Very decent morning here - 17 °C already and broken cloud, feeling fairly warm. Maybe an outside chance of sneaking my first 20 of the year this afternoon, though it may be a bit cloudy for that.