Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I work from home in a large summer house...trees to the front and back of the house.  I keep hearing things landing on my roof!  Wind picked up in the last half hour here, for sure.  

I have been chuckling at all the mentions of a Sting Jet though from people who hadn't heard of it until about 48 hours ago (not necessarily on here, I might add!).  You've got people as far apart as Leicester and Brighton saying "Sting Jet right over me!!!"...!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Yeah, this has ramped up horrifyingly here. I'm staring at my garden tiki bar in terror before work at 12pm as gusts akin to a 500lb bodybuilder keeps slamming into it. This is the most insane winds i have ever seen in my lifetime and i fully expect my tiki bar to be gone when i get home  I have my fingers crossed it holds up- its too big and heavy to bring inside.

Posted

Decided I am posting in here today much nicer . Defo strongest winds of the morning here in Welling 

• Like 1

Posted

Some incredibly strong gusts here in Surbiton, next door's fence already down, trees bent double, debris flying past the window; it does feel like one of the strongest storms I've witnessed. It still surprises me under a red warning the amount of people out doing mundane things - one woman was literally unable to push the pushchair in front of her during a powerful gust and had to turn around to face backwards into it, while an old woman left her house and was completely unable to take a step forward, her shopping bags blown backwards like crazy. In both cases I felt really anxious just watching and we're getting those really deep roars now around the house as it builds. I do hope people stay safe.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Wait for the "is that it" posts to arrive shortly lol

Is that it then..couldn't pull  a skin off rice pudding ..(takes some doing tbh ) gusts are strong now here but nothing's down or moved yet 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
2 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Some incredibly strong gusts here in Surbiton, next door's fence already down, trees bent double, debris flying past the window; it does feel like one of the strongest storms I've witnessed. It still surprises me under a red warning the amount of people out doing mundane things - one woman was literally unable to push the pushchair in front of her during a powerful gust and had to turn around to face backwards into it, while an old woman left her house and was completely unable to take a step forward, her shopping bags blown backwards like crazy. In both cases I felt really anxious just watching and we're getting those really deep roars now around the house as it builds. I do hope people stay safe.

Apparently a tree is down in Victoria Road . I am at Kingston hospital now with my wife as she has a small procedure. On the A3 on the way we had wheelie bins flying across the lamp shade covers were swinging about and we saw 3 green recycle bins flying across too . 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Apparently a tree is down in Victoria Road . I am at Kingston hospital now with my wife as she has a small procedure. On the A3 on the way we had wheelie bins flying across the lamp shade covers were swinging about and we saw 3 green recycle bins flying across too . 

Hope it goes well and you stay safe, well... and mobile through the traffic. I was thinking about the hospital as I've been in and out of there a fair bit of late, and of course things have to continue there. Wouldn't fancy the A3 in this weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Hope it goes well and you stay safe, well... and mobile through the traffic. I was thinking about the hospital as I've been in and out of there a fair bit of late, and of course things have to continue there. Wouldn't fancy the A3 in this weather.

Thank you . The car parking was very limited as they had scaffolding on part of the maternity unit . Taking precautions which was good to see . Rain incoming now . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Can’t believe the scaffolding company has just arrived to take down the scaffolding at the back of our 3 storey building! Just as the worst of the winds arrive! Really gusty now and getting louder.

Posted

Just went out to the garden as the fence panel we thought we’d secured was waving around again. Managed to secure it but it is very windy now

Posted

Areas of Colchester now without power.  Not sure how localised, just heard from one friend.  The worst isn't even with us yet!  Hold tight, everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Still relatively calm here, gusting to around 40mph but expecting things to ramp up after 1pm.

Bro in law lost his new fence in High Wycombe about an hr ago, cladding has come off the house opposite and he's just seen someone's shed roof out for a bracing walk!

Posted
39 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

I work from home in a large summer house...trees to the front and back of the house.  I keep hearing things landing on my roof!  Wind picked up in the last half hour here, for sure.  

I have been chuckling at all the mentions of a Sting Jet though from people who hadn't heard of it until about 48 hours ago (not necessarily on here, I might add!).  You've got people as far apart as Leicester and Brighton saying "Sting Jet right over me!!!"...!  

Yep, doesn't look *at this stage* as if a sting-jet will form, being that the hook around the core isn't defined enough. Satellite pictures depict it looking a bit of a mess, actually. Bog standard explosive cyclogenesis at the moment.

Edited by VillagePlank
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Tiles off from next doors garage. Some really strong gusts now.

Posted

Branch just came down from a mature oak tree at the front of my house.  Winds currently gusting to 'only' 44mph....we've got a way to go yet!!