Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
8 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Power is still out from yesterday

Mine too since 11.30am yesterday. No phone or internet either....

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
43 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Estofex have a level 2 warning covering most of our region in relation to the squall line due to move in later today.. potential for a short but sharp burst of 70mph gusts even inland!

Not what is needed after Friday!

Damn right it isn't Surrey, just out of interest what time is that squall line due to come through.  Very gusty here in Tunbridge Wells.

Edited by Sidsnake
Update

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
14 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Damn right it isn't Surrey, just out of interest what time is that squall line due to come through.  Very gusty here in Tunbridge Wells.

Should be blasting through between 6pm - 7pm for your location according to UKV.

Gusts of 50-60mph possible for a short time inland with passage of squall line. Along south coast could be up to 70 mph briefly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
3 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Should be blasting through between 6pm - 7pm for your location according to UKV.

Gusts of 50-60mph possible for a short time inland with passage of squall line. Along south coast could be up to 70 mph briefly

70mph is touching on what we had Friday here,where shoreham airport hit 74mph I think? Even though brief, could be another window rattler!

Posted

Another windy day and more rain, not what is needed, had trees down this morning in the area, they managed to withstand the wind friday, but today it seems they've had enough and down they go  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Winds really picking up here now. Waiting for the rain....

Only just got our power back on and have a feeling it will go again. Still no internet though, have to drive to the top of the village to get a glimmer of data so I can catch up on the forum and forecast!

Only just got our power back on and have a feeling it will go again. Still no internet though, have to drive to the top of the village to get a glimmer of data so I can catch up on the forum and forecast!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Thoroughly miserable afternoon, although still mild-ish.

Found one of the caravan windows had blown out thanks to flipping Eunice (whilst under cover and on the sheltered side), luckily intact bar one corner and managed to re-fit.

That'll teach me to smugly announce to the dealer that there wouldn't be any issues at the service!

Posted

Did a longer walk around the area today to see what damage had been done. Thankfully not much. No trees but a number of large branches and a few fences. 
For someone with a fascination for extreme weather, I sure picked an odd location to live in. Fairly low ground and sheltered. Similar to when there’s marginal snow, just a short stroll up the road, made a noticeable difference.

The wind must be in a slightly different direction as the bigger gusts are much noisier than or Friday, despite being less strong.

on a side note, I’ve muted my family WhatsApp as I can’t keep explaining why 87 wasn’t a hurricane and why other factors (lack of warning, middle of the night, time of year) made it so unusual. Ha!

Noticed Southern Trains are now advising not travelling tomorrow and have a 50mph limit on trains that do run. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Squall line has just came through here. I don’t think I have seen anything quite like it. It barely lasted 30 seconds but was like a wall of torrential rain/hail and near storm force winds. Was a real flash point moment and now back to steady rain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gusting upper 50s I think now... quite noisy 

33 minutes ago, rubble79 said:

Did a longer walk around the area today to see what damage had been done. Thankfully not much. No trees but a number of large branches and a few fences. 
For someone with a fascination for extreme weather, I sure picked an odd location to live in. Fairly low ground and sheltered. Similar to when there’s marginal snow, just a short stroll up the road, made a noticeable difference.

The wind must be in a slightly different direction as the bigger gusts are much noisier than or Friday, despite being less strong.

on a side note, I’ve muted my family WhatsApp as I can’t keep explaining why 87 wasn’t a hurricane and why other factors (lack of warning, middle of the night, time of year) made it so unusual. Ha!

Noticed Southern Trains are now advising not travelling tomorrow and have a 50mph limit on trains that do run. 

Very different here, worst damage I've seen by a storm in my lifetime... drove down A30 today to Ascot and a large oak tree has gone into the side of a house. Plenty of downed trees and larger branches still a bit of hazard... 

Across the road is missing a hole side of ridge tiles trees down the village have now been cleared... 

Didnt loose power though!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Bloody hell that was intense, that squall line came through like a tornado... The rain WOW, as for the Windows could literally see the glass slightly flexing with the intense gusts and the roar. Definitely some damage out the front, could here crashing etc, need day light to see though, unfortunately our super bright LED street lights are not lol. I think any damage partially done Friday is now completed. 

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Very impressive squall run through.  Like a mild tornado.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Squall line was fragmented here (as usual) nothing particularly significant, the rain hit the window slightly harder for about a minute or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

image.thumb.png.b4691711b9d509e38e3499a464516105.png

Insane, 103mph Wind Gusts out on the N/W of Ireland...Much quieter now, wind and rain calmer, for now !

Posted
17 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Squall line was fragmented here (as usual) nothing particularly significant, the rain hit the window slightly harder for about a minute or two.

Same, 30 seconds or so of torrential rain and that was about it. Winds havent been as bad as Eunice either, despite the beeb app (always so reliable...not) forecasting 60+mph gusts, but the amount of rain over the day is close to now causing the river through the town to overflow.