Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
9 hours ago, TN9 said:

Yep ..it does,look at the  records..Faversham,gravesend ,East malling ,all stand out at times,I'm not sure anymore where the official sites are ,East malling fruit research centre .  the centre was bulldozed ages ago for houses but that was an official met office site..

Hi TN. Here's the Met Office page with a full list of the 270 automatic and 150 manual weather stations. There's also a map included and you can click on the location pointer to bring up the station name. If you want detailed observations from a particular station, copy and paste the name into the Met Office Latest Observations page.

uk_climate_synoptic_and_climate_stations
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The map shows the current network of automatic (synoptic) and manual (climate) stations covering the UK.

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bright but cloudy would describe conditions this morning. Not sure how high the temperatures will get because it is reliant on the cloud thinning enough. Temperatures could easily hit 32c in sunnier spots but of course it is a nowcasting scenario.

image.thumb.png.6a27025af8b56219320980519fe59717.png

Most models going around the 30c mark today.

Interestingly, tomorrow looks like it could hit 30c towards the south east as the warmth seems to be hanging on a little longer. We should also see blue skies return for most as the cloud associated with the cold front clears southwards.

image.thumb.png.ec59f76944772991449f4c1f57bbee1c.png

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
55 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi TN. Here's the Met Office page with a full list of the 270 automatic and 150 manual weather stations. There's also a map included and you can click on the location pointer to bring up the station name. If you want detailed observations from a particular station, copy and paste the name into the Met Office Latest Observations page.

uk_climate_synoptic_and_climate_stations
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The map shows the current network of automatic (synoptic) and manual (climate) stations covering the UK.

They are still showing the Gravesend weather station which is not being used as it has been removed.  The nearest weather stations to Thurrock are in Landwick near Shoeburyness which 29 miles away from me and is a coastal weather station and St James Park which is 21 miles away and is on a more built up area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

So models are moving away from Sunday being the hottest day im glad as I'm working for 12hours outdoors 33-34c is more than enough 40c would have been a killer!! Monday I'm off to the beach with my uncle from Australia ?? escaping the Melbourne cold   he like my dad are originally from Mauritius ?? which also has a similar humid type heat as here although they have also never reached 40c being a tiny island with lots of sea breezes. 37c inside the M25 no thank you!- East Kent beaches here I come. I also went yesterday as I get free train travel including the high speed found a quiet spot. My uncle didn't believe we had nice sandy beaches in England lol

IMG_20220711_115057_146.jpg

IMG_20220711_115057_580.jpg

IMG_20220711_115057_458.jpg

IMG_20220711_115057_245.jpg

IMG_20220711_115057_335.jpg

IMG_20220711_115057_294.jpg

IMG_20220711_115057_405.jpg

Screenshot_20220712-084950_Met Office.jpg

Screenshot_20220712-085036_BBC Weather.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud has been thinning a little, the sun is coming through at least. 25c at the moment.

Posted

Looked at the radar, surprised to see rain over the midlands stretching over to the NE, albeit light and patchy, assuming this wont make it over to EA? Explains the cloud coverage though. Would be nice to see some rain, everything here is so so dry, front lawn long wide cracks appearing in it, never had that before, at some point we really need a long wet spell, river levels must be low around the country. Temp 26c here.

Posted

Ahhh restbite ....and a tad windier which I'm not sure is any better than a fan oven  

20220712_111629.jpg

20220712_111558.jpg

Edited by TN9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The Top 10 temperatures around the UK at 12.50 clearly showing where the hot air is hanging on, ahead of the cold front that's sinking south. Several stations at 30C+.

10326368_Radarwithtemps12July2212_50.thumb.jpg.6e5c2506156bcd800aa2bc74b571801b.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

29C just now. And barely a minute of sunshine!

Posted

Amber heat alert now been extended through all of Monday  

Barely a breath of wind today, feels more humid than it’s been too.

Posted

Don't get excited about that rain showing on radar, just a few spots hit the ground in Peterborough we used to call them heatspots

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Any chance of it all falling on the Oval: England are 26-5 with FOUR ducks!

• Like 3

Posted

I had a feeling the rain showing on radar won't hot the ground almost like an anoprobe if that's what they call it where it rains bit don't hit the ground. Was at daughters sports day earlier #seriously hot. I am loving this weather. Long may it continue. I have backed off from the record breaking heat but I will take low 30's all day long 

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Few rouge drops of rain 

Big dollops ..but too few and far between...is that the back edge of the heat

20220712_143214.jpg

20220712_143616.jpg

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted

Plane has cut straight through our little rain cloud that's put the mockers on it 

20220712_144744.jpg

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Any chance of it all falling on the Oval: England are 26-5 with FOUR ducks!

The Ducks need the rain too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

a few drops of rain here. wasn't expecting that.

well i was Met0 had a rain symbol yesterday and the took it away.

Posted

High cloud all day and now increasing a little more. Our max has been 25.1 and and breeze has now dropped away. It feels hot, despite what the thermometer might suggest! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Mostly cloudy all day with a nice breeze that came and went. 

A few drops of rain around 5pm.

Posted

A high of 28c here, some bits of sunshine and also a few bits of rain. 30c reached not too far down the road from here, really surprising given the cloud cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

ECM ensembles suggest an average near 32 degrees C on Monday at 12:00 for what would be a wide space of London, would expect a high of somewhere near the mid 30's widely with local temperatures near to the record and if that isn't enough, the ECM tends to underestimate temperatures so I would think locally 40 degrees C is possible (not probable yet though). There looks to be the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday which could all have the potential to break the record.
image.thumb.png.3292498d92cd5fded92f60d53ca5c7c7.png