Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And it's all blue!

Seems to be mostly out at sea, maybe thats why the colour? And yep @Norfolk Sheep so storm starved are we, that even a few rumbles and some lights in the sky is exciting these days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Seems to be mostly out at sea, maybe thats why the colour? And yep @Norfolk Sheep so storm starved are we, that even a few rumbles and some lights in the sky is exciting these days.

It always makes me laugh when I see a vid on YT or somewhere saying "severe storm UK" and it's has like 2 flashes of lightning in 20 minutes!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

Could be, BB? But there's no need to worry, with all these warm weather-conditions, the local scrotes'll soon be letting off their fireworks!💥💣🎆

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Could be, BB? But there's no need to worry, with all these warm weather-conditions, the local scrotes'll soon be letting off their fireworks!💥💣🎆

Unfortunately, dread it every year and then theres, lets wake every one up at half 11 NYE for a few hours, to look forward to, bah humbug 😞 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
11 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Huge gunshot Thunder here, in S.E. London, about 10 minutes ago.

But fortunately Bromtophobic me, didn't see any Lightning.

Ironically, was supporting 'er indoors as my Wife made a 'cuppa in our Kitchen, as Colette has a Mice Phobia.

We've had an ongoing Mouse problem, for a few Weeks now and having Two Phobics experiencing their worst fears simultaneously, is a bit of a Nightmare.

Just heard another slight rumble and now tipping down with Rain.

Laptop now running on charge only, with power cable removed from electric socket, as a precaution.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Just a P.S. to my post of this Morning.

As was expected, Thunder and Lightning rolled through S.E. London around 5, although it wasn't quite as bad as Brontophobic Yours Truly, was expecting. After reading the horror stories [in my Phobic opinion], from South Coast Members, I was expecting a lot worse.

Unlike this Morning, the Thunder was of the deep rolling variety, rather than the overhead "gunshot" type.

After spending the last Two and a bit Weeks reassuring my Wife that a Mouse wasn't about to jump out in front of her, a couple of hours ago, it was a case of role reversal, with my Wife having to play the reassuring, role. 

Many Years ago, I had counselling for my Brontophobia. My Counsellor advised me to break my chain of cognitive behaviour, leading up to a Lightning/Thunder event. In other words to stop reading/watching Forecasts and anything to do, with the impending doom.

Of course, that's easier said than done, when you're a Member of a Weather Forum. But she did get me to understand that the anticipatory fear, is often worse than the event, itself and fortunately for Yours Truly, that was the case a few hours ago.

I still waited until around 5.45 to come downstairs but not after I had one final peak at the Meteox Radar, which confirmed that the electrical activity was clearing through London, leaving a narrow band of rain, in its wake.

But as I stated this Morning, having two Phobics living under the same roof, can lead to a pretty dysfunctional Household at times.

My Wife having an irrational fear that a Mouse is about to leap out at her, and Yours Truly fearing he is going to be frozen to the spot, as Lightning/Thunder, rage over his head.

But at least having suffered from Brontophobia for around 55 Years, I can fully understand how my Wife feels about her Mice Phobia.

Been there, done that and got the T-Shirt, many times.

My Wife has now been in a very neurotic state for the best part of 3 Weeks, I can't imagine how I would feel if Lightning/Thunder had been raging over my head, for that length of time. 

It's strange, we are both aware that our Mothers implanted these irrational fears in us but they are so ingrained now, it's nigh on impossible to shake these feelings off. 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A little disappointing here, but considering i had a lovely  storm in the week, thunder twice today i can't moan too much. Had 3 claps of  thunder extra while i wa doing the washing up earlier, nice display to my north. 

Posted

Some very heavy showers overnight accompanied by squally winds made for a disturbed sleep.

Temp has finally dropped a little  at least, now  to 12.9c at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

How did Medway fare last night? I'm in Wiltshire and we had torrential rain and rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well an impressive 40 mm rain fell yesterday mostly from that amazing storm in the late afternoon. Together with 35mm for the rest of the month so far thats a decent amount of rain so far to help put back moisture in the soil....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Perfect drying day, just got a whole load of washing out, and the only area of rain in the SE is heading straight towards me. Pfft.

Just re-hung the whole lot under cover. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Reached 20.2c earlier after a low here of 16c, now 19c. Sunny and windy today although still warm feeling. Will it ever cool down?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely sunrise this morning:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sunset, Red Sky, Dusk, Dawn, Sky, Sunrise, Sunlight

Edit: And a couple of hours later it's patchy light rain as a warm front drifts north, maintaining the very mild temps.

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 4

Posted

Another very warm min of 16c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

26 October 2022 Time-Lapse

• Like 1

Posted

Another “a bit of everything” day - amazing sunrise, some brief showery rain and then sunny spells. And of course the unseasonable warmth continues; a high of 19.9c today and still 16.1c as we approach midnight.

For the first time ever I think I’m going to achieve my goal of no central heating on before November!

Posted

20.8c was the high here today, lots of sun too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Thought I'd update the SE thread on my confusing life 😆.

Since I'm very socially awkward I like to share my feelings somewhere where they can't see it but I have started to tell people what I think of them. I started with someone I knew wouldn't take it the wrong way because they're transgender and we're the first person in the group I talked to. I can do no wrong in calling them bro so it was easy opening up to them because I do feel that they are my bro and so cool as well as brave and I have talked to them and helped them out when they've felt bad before and also told them to ask their crush out and now they've been together with them for a few months so we're on good terms.

But now I'm going to try and be brave and tell Olivia how I feel about her, her smile is so beautiful, she is so brave and rises up to the challenge of her parents splitting up (I'm not sure if it's a divorce), I respect her so much and she should respect herself more. I thank her for motivating me to learn, nobody has done that to me before, over the last month that I've talked to her day in, day out, I learnt a significant amount about high level Meteorology including reading and summarising a pHD thesis. Then I struggled to do anything when she went to her dad's who doesn't like her talking to boys (you know the very protective type). The reason she motivates me so much is that I always want to be like the people I 'love' in a way, I'm still doing loads of sports because that's Georgie's thing, I've decided that my love for her is very much like the sister that I've never had. As well as that, Olivia is extremely intelligent, my iq was measured around 130 but her's is probably around 140 and she's one of the most intelligent people I know, the only one who is more intelligent that I know is Bruno but he's just a genius and there's no way I can get anywhere near as intelligent as him.

What is it with me and gingers, both Georgie and Olivia are ginger. I guess I feel that I've never really seen a ginger get angry or anything, they all seem to be funny and have no ego, Olivia was surprised when I called her the most intelligent and Georgie thinks she's really ugly and idk how or why because she really isn't. Olivia's never really talked about how she looks but I don't think she realises that she is the most naturally beautiful girl I know and her smile lights up a room and once it made my whole day better when she smiled when she saw me on the bus. They're both really shy as well. Olivia and I are the ones most left out of the group so naturally we gravitated together and I remember when we both shared a maths GCSE paper on the bus and did some questions together before she got off.

Anyway enough about the most confusing thing on earth.

Multiple times we have multiple troughs pushing through and so we may have further Storms or frontal rain depending on the setup, I think towards the end of the GIF around 170 hours we have the best Storm setup, with some warm air advection as well as a nearby significant troughing. I would think that would advect a PV lobe in a typical situation to last week although maybe not as strong because we're going to be close to November so surely it can't heat up as much and thr air is sourced more from North Africa so may be slightly drier.

gfs_z500a_eu_fh0-192.thumb.gif.4e6d8e0b097f77bce0541c69d39edae1.gif

• Like 3

Posted
10 hours ago, TN9 said:

Saw this this morning ..NATO,training maybe ,was not normal for sure 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Spire, Building, Steeple, Tower, Architecture, Sky, Sunlight, Sunset

Could contain: Nature, Tornado, Storm, Outdoors

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Flare, Light, Sunset, Sky, Sunlight, Sunrise, Tree, Plant

211018-flags_rdax_775x440s.jpg
WWW.NATO.INT

Air forces from across NATO will exercise nuclear deterrence capabilities involving dozens of aircraft over north-western Europe starting on Monday (17...

Definitely them ...classic to say the  least, better than an air show ,crazy 

Edited by TN9

Posted

And just why its mild and pleasant in our patch i think there should be a national moderator s day ,the unsung ,psychological,try to by fair to people they don't know ,heros that have too  literally read in to every word ,to weigh up if its this, that ,tongue in cheek,nasty, goading ,whats actually been put and what is thought ...amazing people, and you really never know them ,( and mostly do it  for nothing )happy autumn 🍂 mods  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

I keep thinking it's a Tuesday.