Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
4 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Wheres the wire ,tell me.. ill go-get us some pictures:)

I reckon Tonbridge could be in for a good spell this week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Outdoors, Nature, Head, FaceCould contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Shoreline, Coast

Confused dot com !

Dont think many of us are going to wake up tomorrow to much snow if the latest Met Office video is anything to go by.

If anything seems this time tomorrow is more likely to see snow falling out of the sky and falling into wet ground.

= Ice Wed morning and then await to see if we get lucky overnight.

but it will all melt by the time we get to Thursday anyway.

Posted
16 minutes ago, throwoff said:

I reckon Tonbridge could be in for a good spell this week. 

But not you ? Your only a few miles from me mate, stones throw obviously i dont now where in Gillingham you live but my step father lives there and he's not to much lower than bluebell hill tbh ,less like me you live by the river..then I  understand.. but top half of Rainham/ Gillingham is high if you call the downs high ..I've as much chance as you I think (if any ) that's keep our fingers crossed ... 

Ps ..don't chase snow ! like storms, it only ends in tears ..trying to get pictures.. but stuck for hours 🙂

Edited by TN9

Posted
27 minutes ago, TN9 said:

But not you ? Your only a few miles from me mate, stones throw obviously i dont now where in Gillingham you live but my step father lives there and he's not to much lower than bluebell hill tbh ,less like me you live by the river..then I  understand.. but top half of Rainham/ Gillingham is high if you call the downs high ..I've as much chance as you I think (if any ) that's keep our fingers crossed ... 

Ps ..don't chase snow ! like storms, it only ends in tears ..trying to get pictures.. but stuck for hours 🙂

Too many years under the Medway shield has dampened my excitement!

If it picks up over the water we could do well here, but who knows.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, throwoff said:

If you do ,i will and vise versa 🙂

Posted

Sorry I haven't been around much this winter - its all been a bit meh like the weather. 

Gather things could get interesting for us down in SE Kent this week?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Alex Deakin looks like he’s had Ready Brek … oh and the snow will be white, still no idea where it will fall though 🤗

Could contain: Face, Head, Person, Photography, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Advertisement, Poster

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Soccer Ball, Sport, Person, Advertisement, People, Can, Poster, Outdoors

• Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Sorry I haven't been around much this winter - its all been a bit meh like the weather. 

Gather things could get interesting for us down in SE Kent this week?

Well Bob i can honestly say other than mid December when every bob.,dick and Harry got some snow ,nothing has really happened ,its like you said been a bit meh,not that I know what that  means but I guess its been like it,we are wishing on a star I think but ...it does remind me of a book and film if anyone  can remember called...the last snows of spring ,quite sad really 😞

Edited by TN9

Posted

GFS 12Z looks like a winner might be on Tuesday night into Weds for most of the south.

Tonight is still going to be hit or miss.

• Like 2

Posted

having been dry for over a month and yesterday feeling cold wih max of 3.7c and dp of -1, we've now had 3.4mm rain today (and its still raining), temp of 5.6c and dp is 4.

cold weather ariving ?

Posted
8 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Well Bob i can honestly say other than mid December when every bob.,dick and Harry got some snow ,nothing has really happened ,its like you said been a bit meh,not that I know what that  means but I guess its been like it,we are wishing on a star I think but ...it does remind me of a book and film if anyone  can remember called...the last snows of spring ,quite sad really 😞

I think the truth is that we have all at the back of our minds wished it not to be as harsh a winter as it possibly could have been because of the risk to life - even moreso with energy bills being what they have been and will remain for the foreseeable. 

I know I have. 

• Like 1

Posted

Good agreement now for a snow event in the southern half of this zone. Can't rule out it ending up further north though thats still pretty unlikely at this stage.

And by good, I mean near total agreement at least for the far south. Kent, Sussex and Hampshire should be ready for some snow tomorrow night and into early morning, followed by a probable thaw in the daytime, before a chance of another pulse of snow coming through Weds night.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I can see parts of the high Weald tomorrow night/wed am doing pretty well, Crowborough, Heathfield etc. Look to be far enough south for the heavier stuff but enough inland with a bit of height to stay the right side or marginal. Hoping I might just about be OK where I am. 

Posted

Good afternoon all!

I don’t think there is any need for us to stay up and snow watch over night tonight, I can’t see it being anything over than rain unless you live on high ground over the downs etc, Sadly it looks like rain tonight and tomorrow morning before there is a chance I would say about 40% chance still at the moment we have an event Tuesday into Wednesday. Wednesday morning rush hour could be fun. 

If there is snow to lower levels tonight I don’t think it will settle due to the rain before it. As the temp drops tomorrow there is a chance of showers moving in and giving some bursts of snow before the low Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Although I wouldn’t want to say anything regarding Tuesday/Wednesday until tomorrow as we have seen over the last few days how quickly things can change. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
3 hours ago, throwoff said:

There was a period of several years mid 90s and early 00s i remember Medway used to do well for snow my mum.moved there in Jan1992 and I remember countless times there being nothing or very little at dads in Dartford yet Medway always seemed to get more but I admit recent years its not been great for there. I remember getting stuck several times at my friends in Lordswood too when there was nothing on low lying areas down the road 

Posted

Also the Met office really are not having any of this snow talk for the south until maybe Wednesday evening 🤔 also have a low tracking very close Thursday/Friday in the channel a shift north would be nice unlikely though 

Posted
32 minutes ago, BLS said:

Also the Met office really are not having any of this snow talk for the south until maybe Wednesday evening 🤔 also have a low tracking very close Thursday/Friday in the channel a shift north would be nice unlikely though 

Why are they carrying on with warnings then for tonight and tomorrow night, bit odd as I see no chance tonight other than rain.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Wilko999 said:

Why are they carrying on with warnings then for tonight and tomorrow night, bit odd as I see no chance tonight other than rain.

I have no idea I assume it is to just cover themselves incase it does turn to snow overnight tonight and into tomorrow morning. I agree with you I see nothing other than rain tonight… the Met are also being very consistent in showing mostly rain Wednesday! They are the only ones showing minimal snow for the south and SE which is odd either they are going to be incredibly wrong and take a lot of stick or be spot on this far out! I feel there warning for the SE are to cover any potential upgrades!

13 minutes ago, Wilko999 said:

Further to my previous reply, the met office didn’t budge until about 3 hours before the snow for me in December! Showed rain and sleet until late afternoon when they changed to heavy snow 🤔 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Ready for more sleet in Bexhill? haha

Yes probably sleet, could get lucky though, where's this highest hill? 😁

• Like 1

Posted

ECM and GFS still going for snow tonight which I still don’t think will happen! ECM is giving a good couple of CM of snow to a lot of us by 9pm Wednesday though! 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, BLS said:

Good afternoon all!

I don’t think there is any need for us to stay up and snow watch over night tonight, I can’t see it being anything over than rain unless you live on high ground over the downs etc, Sadly it looks like rain tonight and tomorrow morning before there is a chance I would say about 40% chance still at the moment we have an event Tuesday into Wednesday. Wednesday morning rush hour could be fun. 

If there is snow to lower levels tonight I don’t think it will settle due to the rain before it. As the temp drops tomorrow there is a chance of showers moving in and giving some bursts of snow before the low Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Although I wouldn’t want to say anything regarding Tuesday/Wednesday until tomorrow as we have seen over the last few days how quickly things can change. 

*. Wednesday morning rush hour could be fun. *.

Rush hour in the snow,rush hour in the rain ,rush hour in a heat wave ,any weather really,its never fun , but snow least makes it exciting...Will I or won't i get to work or school  etc etc ,thats the greatness of it,sends everything normal strange ,love that bit 🙂 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

I can see parts of the high Weald tomorrow night/wed am doing pretty well, Crowborough, Heathfield etc. Look to be far enough south for the heavier stuff but enough inland with a bit of height to stay the right side or marginal. Hoping I might just about be OK where I am. 

Did consider a drive up to Heathfield if there is nothing white on the coast, which there probably won't be.😃

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
36 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes probably sleet, could get lucky though, where's this highest hill? 😁

The old town is probably highest at ~48m ASL... Sidley is pretty high up with Beacon Hill (Near st. Mary's recreation ground) Being 58m! Pretty sad when you think that Hasting's Highest point is 172m ASL (Fairlight), closely followed by The Ridge at 155m!

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 2

Posted

If your downs (south) don't have anything ,then your having  long drive and a toss up if  Crowborough,Ashdown ,etc is worth it ..if any thing go  westward ..high hills west would be my best bet ,but if its snowing on  devils dyke your laughing 🙂 

Posted
1 hour ago, Kentspur said:

There was a period of several years mid 90s and early 00s i remember Medway used to do well for snow my mum.moved there in Jan1992 and I remember countless times there being nothing or very little at dads in Dartford yet Medway always seemed to get more but I admit recent years its not been great for there. I remember getting stuck several times at my friends in Lordswood too when there was nothing on low lying areas down the road 

Those BFTE events in the 80's and 90's where very much as you describe there, as you went down the A2...

Bexleyheath.. nothing or a dusting

Dartford.. A covering

Northfleet.. 1 or 3 inches

Gravesend.. Thick snow, 3-5 inches

Medway.. Blizzards with drifting.

Eventually it would also snow around London, etc, but mid Kent by then would be snowed in. In 1987, one of my first jobs in London, my boss did not come to work for a week, a shortish sort of man, could not see above the snow that had drifted up his back door, somewhere the other side of Maidstone.

• Like 1