Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
31 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Measured about 7-8cm / 3 inches about half hour ago, just found out son's school closed, so will likely go sledging before it all melts.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Weather, Ice, Winter, SnowCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Tree, Fir, Winter, Snow, Frost, Scenery

yeah same here. Was surprised how much was on the car!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A dusting in west London (Ashford) and a bit more in Bracknell, Berkshire this morning

Could contain: Arch, Architecture, Gothic Arch, Building, Housing, House, Outdoors

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Neighborhood, Suburb, Machine, Wheel

• Like 5

Posted

My altitude appears to be between 240ft and 270ft in Sawbridgeworth according to my car on a short drive in to town today. Does that seem right?

Still snowing here. Nice dusting.

Posted
35 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Have a covering here but sounds like it's already melting and doesn't seem to be causing too much of a problem.

Just took me two hours from Tonbridge to Sidcup umpteen roads shut including the A227 at Wrotham,lorry slid off Rd on M20 ,snow plough on tractor doing back lanes but making it worse be piling up on sides .. trees worse worse problem with them hanging over rds ,looks like Kent County Council  sent one bloke and a shovel and bag of salt out ..chaos..

Could contain: Transportation, Truck, Vehicle, Car, Machine, Wheel, Person

Could contain: Road, Nature, Outdoors, Weather

Could contain: Road, Outdoors, Nature, Car, Transportation, Vehicle

Edited by TN9
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Too far north, there's ßnow in Whitfield regardless though, which will probanlymelt soon anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
1 hour ago, snowblind said:

Slight dusting on rooves, grass and cars. Snowing lightly ATM. Automated met office forecast going for mostly rain and sleet today even this evening when it was showing a period of heavy snow yesterday.

Every time I look at the snow charts posted and think wow that looks amazing and every time the reality is considerably less amazing.

Agree supposed to have heavy snow  here but its very light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

NE Hants managed some settled snow, although not expecting it to last long. Looks pretty though and the first settled snow this Winter!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Plant, Tree, Fir, Ice, Scenery, Winter, Snow

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Good morning all. A slushy covering on pavements and a covering on grass for myself but pleased to wake up and see folks here have snow settled! 😁 Enjoy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.
9 minutes ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families well and those that have some of the white stuff, are enjoying it while it lasts.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Snow, Snowman - Sammy, would now like to present the results of his sacrificial meltdown and how his Sammy Snowman Warming, impacted on South East London, this Morning:

Could contain: Car, Vehicle, Tin, Person, City, Can, Trash Can, Road, Street, Urban Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Water Could contain: Tree, Building, Outdoors, Shelter, Fir, Nature, Weather, Monastery, Housing, Sky

As my not so smart phone was misbehaving, my Wife stepped in to do the honours.

But I don't think I'll be putting Colette forward for a Knighthood, for services to photography!!

Regards,

Sammy Snowman [aka Tom Q.] 👍 :snowman-emoji: ❄️ 

Here you go, Sammy - given you a clean up!

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Tin, Can, Trash Can, Road, Person

• Like 1

Posted

Thaw of whatever lying snow happening at pace here in SW Lonson.  Expect all of it to be gone by mid-day.  This evening's snow is looking more and more likely to be rain now - at least for southern counties.

Posted
1 minute ago, mulzy said:

Thaw of whatever lying snow happening at pace here in SW Lonson.  Expect all of it to be gone by mid-day.  This evening's snow is looking more and more likely to be rain now - at least for southern counties.

Any idea how this evening is looking for North London counties? 

Posted

The most snow I found on the school run this morning. Still snowing but the wrong side of marginal to settle much.

Could contain: Path, Walkway, Slate, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Car, Road, Sidewalk, Flagstone

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A cm or so here in north London:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Garden, Person, Ice, Yard

I don’t expect it to stick around for too long. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Good morning 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Fog, Mist, Water

I've got to update you on my life later because so much good stuff has gone on recently but for now here's some more edits that I've done of older photos.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunlight, Cloud, Flare, LightCould contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, WeatherCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Plant, Tree, Chair, Furniture, Building, Shelter, Storm

Could contain: Silhouette, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Sky, Beach, Coast, Shoreline, Waterfront

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Storm, Sky, Utility Pole

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Shelter, Rainbow, Countryside, Hut, Rural, Lawn

• Like 6

Posted
18 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Any idea how this evening is looking for North London counties? 

I’d predict slushy because I don’t see temps dropping away far enough to allow it to be proper settling unless we have v strong intensity early on in the late afternoon/early evening 

Above 500 feet could be a bit different 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

It's still snowing in Gillingham off and on which is interesting because everyone had it down as rain from about 8am.

Somewhat irritatingly I work in a school and we are one of a small handful who have opened today so I am currently sat with no students as they are all unable to travel!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

About an inch of snow here. Slow thaw. Roads seem ok. Currently 1.4C

• Like 1

Posted

Looks from the models that our chances for the rest of the week in Kent are shot.

Nothing but rain from here on out. 

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
2 hours ago, nick sussex said:

The joys of living by the south coast ! 

The only good thing about not having a covering of snow is avoiding the trauma when it gets washed away!

@nick sussex see my earlier post,we did OK with a covering here West of you in Saltdean.

Have some elevation but we are South coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rapid thaw here now. Will be surprised if there's anything left by the afternoon.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Rapid thaw here now. Will be surprised if there's anything left by the afternoon.

Very quick isn't it. Though I should imagine places like the great lines will still have a covering late into today. 

Sad that tonight's possibility has turned into heavy rain. Mind you at least the warmer temps will save us from an ice rink forming overnight.