Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

It's farewell from Michael Fish

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The end of an era in forecasting. I have been a weather fan since I was two (or so I am told as I can't remember that far back) and I grew up watching you on the TV. I'd wait exciteably for that weather bulletin and hope for that thunder symbol or snow symbol to be stuck on the map over the Midlands . Now, 40 years later, I still tune in to watch your forecasts on here. Together we have seen forecasts move on and the weather change over the years, but from different sides of the TV/computer and from different places.

Michael you are a true legend of weather forecasting, one of the best to ever do it. Thank you for all the memories. All the best in your retirement. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

15 years blimey it only seems like minutes. All the best Michael missed from TV now miss from from netweather

Posted
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summers. Cold snowy or sunny winters.
  • Location: Aboyne, Scotland, 450ft Altitude (edge of Cairngorms)

Thanks for all the weather forecasts you brought us in the days before the internet. I couldn't even name a modern-day weather forecaster nowadays but your name and the weather will always go hand-in-hand. Nowadays with all the info available, I prefer to forecast myself (not for others) and this passion I have for it was embedded in me from a very young age watching you and your colleagues present the daily weather and countryside forecasts. Enjoy your Christmas and retirement. Cheers Mike

• Like 1

Posted

An Icon in the British weather forecasting community.THANK YOU Michael (pre Netweather) (and Netweather) for everything you have provided this community of weather enthusiasts, never to be forgotten, BUT VERY much appreciated.

Enjoy, some time off!

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Thank you so very much for your lovely video forecasts, we will miss them. Wishing you and your family the loveliest Christmas and New Year.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, hot sunny!

Legend and Icon are sometimes overused terms, but in Michael’s case these words seem fitting. As a child growing up in the 80s, Michael was one among a number of forecasters who helped to nurture my interest in meteorology, through their professional and informative forecasts. Hoping that Michael’s health improves and he has a long and happy retirement. 

• Like 1

Posted

All the best sir,I enjoyed your forecasts when I was younger and especially when you stuck the snow symbol right over my house. Think you are a legend. Good luck!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Grew up with your forecasts and wishing you a merry Christmas and hope your health improves for your retirement.Stay safe and best wishes for the future

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A valuable forecaster you’ve been. A treasure chest to Netweather. Wish you all the best, and hope you have great Christmas

Posted

i think you must be the most famous weather forecaster in the world. how you kept your job after the hurricane impresses me. keep on weathering!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Absolute legend, thanks for helping myself and many others gain an interest and understanding into the weather over the years.  Great warmth and humbleness always exudes.

Would be great to see you comment on the forums occasionally!

Posted

Thank you for the memories Michael being 62 years old now you played a big part in my younger days of giving me an interested in the weather. I hope you have many happy years in your retirement

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Michael, i'm now a 40 something and have followed you throughout your BBC forecasting days.

Me and my late father were and I continue to be 'weather obsessed' or rather obsessed with any type of extreme.

Your forecasts created a bond between me and my father no doubt.

My Grandmother wrote to Jim'll fix it and requested I meet you and present the weather.

Thankfully,I never got to meet Saville as a part on the show with you!

However,you did write to me personally as the letter was passed on to you,I still have it of course,you informed me of the qualifications I required to be a meteorologist.

I wish you a happy retirement.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Happy retirement fellow Eastbournian, have a lovely Christmas and many New years to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Wishing you all the best in retirement Michael.

I appreciate and thank you for all of your years of weather forecasting.

My very best regards.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

Happy Retirement Michael, you are indeed up there with the best mate. I remember so many of my most favourite forecasts were delivered by you in your usual professional style and I’ve still got my set of fridge magnets on my door in the kitchen with you looking at me everyday, with of course a cloud symbol and 3 snowflakes ❄️ 

I wish you all the best to you and your family 

Dave & My family. 

Posted

A weather icon for many different generations. We've been lucky to have your services for many years on Netweather.

All the best Michael.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted

As a weather nut, even as a teenager, your forecasts on TV were by far the ones I’d look forward to most. It was then great to see you back on NW.

Be in absolutely no doubt Michael that you are, and will forever remain, an absolute legend.

All the best and take care.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

Thank you Michael Fish, growing up watching you is one of the reasons for my continuing weather obsession. You will be be missed in our household but thank you for all the years of dedication, and all the best for the future. 

Edited by Formula_1_Fan
Spelling