Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Red Arrows back in the area today @13:27 over Ringwood. Cloud ceiling is currently 367m so may be a tad bit low. Currently parked at Jersey Airport and due to fly over Ringwood and Southampton.

image.thumb.png.0ebcf5f6710568576f8479b9d4d2f7ac.png

Right on time

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

The local rag has posted this for tomorrow, and yet we are not "currently" in the yellow risk area! Yes, I appreciate NIMBY, so you SW folks getcher wellies ready!

The Met Office is warning that a month's worth of rain could fall in one day this weekend.

As parts of the UK face heavy rain and a small chance” lives could be put at risk in thunderstorms which are expected to hit the southwest of England and south Wales.

The Met Office has also issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms across the region starting at 7am until 6pm, seeing major cities including Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea affected.

Some homes and businesses are also being told that there is a danger of flooding quickly due to "torrential downpours", with up to 70mm of rainfall in a few hours.

image.thumb.png.ac559ef0101992b4cbce68253591f538.png

image.thumb.png.f3bba6af3232f0ead0efd13d09977f8e.png

Posted

My mate Tomorite and I feel quite impressed with today's pickings. We have, raspberries,  squash of different types, tomatoes, cucumber, cucamelon, peppers, zucchini, carrots and onions.

Could contain:

1 hour ago, jtay said:

Arome for tomorrow...

animiwf6.gif

Still very much confirmation of a Devon pounding, and later the SE get lucky. For us in the middle, meh!

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What an unexpected rubbish day. Barely even seen the sun even faintly, therefore only 17.4c max and extensively dull with sporadic pimply rain on the Eastern edge of what must have made for a very poor day elsewhere in the region.

• Like 2

Posted
56 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

What an unexpected rubbish day. Barely even seen the sun even faintly, therefore only 17.4c max and extensively dull with sporadic pimply rain on the Eastern edge of what must have made for a very poor day elsewhere in the region.

Whilst cloudy in the main and just a few spots of rain we did manage to top out at 23.3°C at: 15:47.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

It's been a very wet day here and it's still raining now .

Temperature 16C humidity 95% Pressure 1009. 

Not sure if the thunderstorms will arrive as thunder but it will be interesting to see if we get the rain , considering it's been pouring down all day . 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Whilst cloudy in the main and just a few spots of rain we did manage to top out at 23.3°C at: 15:47.

Same

16 minutes ago, Somerset girl said:

It's been a very wet day here and it's still raining now .

Temperature 16C humidity 95% Pressure 1009. 

Not sure if the thunderstorms will arrive as thunder but it will be interesting to see if we get the rain , considering it's been pouring down all day . 

How was your surgery gorgeous?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .
36 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Same

How was your surgery gorgeous?

It didn't go ahead , it was cancelled and re booked for the 28th September in the afternoon. 

Thank you for asking though . 

Although I'm in a lot of pain now and feeling feverish again,  I'm pleased in a way that it is now later on . I've had time to come to terms with things and feel calmer now.  Of course there is always the risk it is cancelled again . If it is I'm not sure how I'll feel. If I'm poorly again then I'll just have to tell, them and see what they say . 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and humid all day. Reached 24.0°C

Posted
2 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

It didn't go ahead , it was cancelled and re booked for the 28th September in the afternoon. 

Thank you for asking though . 

Although I'm in a lot of pain now and feeling feverish again,  I'm pleased in a way that it is now later on . I've had time to come to terms with things and feel calmer now.  Of course there is always the risk it is cancelled again . If it is I'm not sure how I'll feel. If I'm poorly again then I'll just have to tell, them and see what they say . 

Oh what a nightmare! But not a really long wait phew!

Posted
7 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

There is some lightning around and thunder getting closer by the sounds of things .

Been awake since 4am . Makes waking up because of pain more interesting lol 

Ooooh that's a nice deep rumble .... love it.   

• Like 2

Posted

It's been rumbling on / off and is still going albeit the odd rumble or flash of lightning every so often.

7 miles down the road there was intense T and L with rain as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

Terrific thunder and lightning this early morning. Woken up by very loud clap of thunder around 4.30am then lightning every ten seconds or so for the 45 minutes before easing away by about 5.30am. Looks like more in the channel about to roll in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.
5 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

There is some lightning around and thunder getting closer by the sounds of things .

Been awake since 4am . Makes waking up because of pain more interesting lol 

Ooooh that's a nice deep rumble .... love it.   

The only rumbles I'm hearing is my stomach 🤣. I have been awake all night as our neighbour has kids windmills in their garden and one has developed  a squeak 😵‍💫 .  Going to message them in a bit and politely ask to oil it . 

Posted
2 hours ago, Chesil View said:

Terrific thunder and lightning this early morning. Woken up by very loud clap of thunder around 4.30am then lightning every ten seconds or so for the 45 minutes before easing away by about 5.30am. Looks like more in the channel about to roll in.

Lots of lightning in the channel heading towards the coast. Just had a rumble in Poole, I'm hoping we get a good storm!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, nettie said:

The only rumbles I'm hearing is my stomach 🤣. I have been awake all night as our neighbour has kids windmills in their garden and one has developed  a squeak 😵‍💫 .  Going to message them in a bit and politely ask to oil it . 

Oooh that's really annoying , everything seems louder at night too.

Well, more heavy rain with flashes and bangs . Lights ard on in the house , apart from the temperature it's like November here . Still it's an exc8ting weather day in my opinion and I can briefly forget that Monday is creeping up on me :-). 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

After a wet day yesterday (24.0mm), this morning has been next level! 49.4mm of rain SINCE MIDNIGHT, it has been absolutely torrential and isn't easing up just yet. Had a very loud crack of thunder about 10 minutes ago. I wonder what rain total we will end up on today?!

In the time I took to write this post, we are now up to 51.0mm

Edited by Somerset Squall
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!

Heavily heavily raining! I'm enjoying the sound of it as I work on some scores, with my sister's baby Bully snoring next to me. He's finally got his cone off his neck and his stitches are healing nicely. 

Hope everyone is having a good day! 🥺

7 minutes ago, Somerset girl said:

Oooh that's really annoying , everything seems louder at night too.

Well, more heavy rain with flashes and bangs . Lights ard on in the house , apart from the temperature it's like November here . Still it's an exc8ting weather day in my opinion and I can briefly forget that Monday is creeping up on me :-). 

I'm right with you, that would drive me mad! 😅

• Like 2