Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Interesting, that we were so different on the morning start, this heath area does certainly get very cold at times, under certain circumstances, also manages to pump up the high due I suspect in part to the gravel content.

Howz, the soil moisture going (I guess some decent rain might help to expand the range from dry!)

Hi mate!

It's working good, although it does take time for it to fully calibrate. I did all the soaking and drying as per instructions and then buried it at 10cm after soaking it again. It read 1 centibar at the beginning (total wetness) and it has been climbing slowly over the past 10 days or so. It was at 11 centibar this morning, bottom range of the "Adequately Wet" description.

You can check out the new data on my site as I've just transferred my new website layout to the main directory after spending nearly 2 months on it.. not constantly, just bits & pieces here and there, otherwise it'd drive me mad!

I've tried my best to make it "responsive"  so that it works across tablets/mobiles/pc's, without the need for separate pages. I'm sure there's plenty of bugs despite trying to eradicate as many as possible. It's impossible to test on every single device out there, despite using emulators to help. Also, some of the scripts I use who were made by other users, are slightly archaic in terms of rendering on smaller screened devices. The only way around it is to use an "overflow" which means the page doesn't break on small screens, but a user can still scroll horizontally to read the information.

I'm certainly no expert at this kind of thing, but I tried my best, and I'm sure  I'll improve any faults.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

8.5c. humidity 78% bRh. Breeze14 mph 4.8 mm Precipitation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite windy last night with gusts into the 30s mph. Cloudy again. Roll on high pressure and sunshine again.

Posted

Gusty here from late evening till last hour.
WSW 18-20mph, gusts fairly constant 25-32mph.
Light rain showers from 4am bought 4mm.

Now, rain just turned to a little drizzle now and again, wind has dropped to 15mph with occasional 18-20mph gusts
1007.9 hPa, 10.1°C 

Posted

One of those ON / OFF days. showers then stop, showers then STOP, (depending where you are of course). So a peak of 11.3°C at: 14:30, has dropped to 9.9°C after a passing shower. Meanwhile the days rainfall has notched up 4.4mm for the month. Got to wonder when we can emerge from this dross and seriously head in to Spring, and put this behind us this meh event?

Some white water around on the surf

image.thumb.png.7dfac27623741bc1fe15095291e1c65c.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning All, clear skies overnight allowed the temperature to drop 0.9°C at: 07:58 giving us an air frost, currently 5.3°C, RH88% and light air movement to the WNW..

The beach has been groomed this morning, and the sea is calm, with just some patchy high cloud..

image.thumb.png.257132bef8a522115a06e383539b90b6.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Clear early on, then clouded over through the morning and now thoroughly dull again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Haven't posted for about a week, not that there's really been anything worth mentioning although I've seen actual weather over the last few days with the small amount of rain yesterday and on Friday. Sunny start today but clouded over and stayed cloudy for the rest of the day. Reached 10.0°C, currently 9.4°C

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a flatliner again

image.thumb.png.79118e6becaeea728bfc65871f4f0f44.png

Says it all really, a "low" of 9.4°C at: 00:04 has risen to 9.6°C, with light air movement in from the SW. Not a lot to say really apart from overcast..

image.thumb.png.22c5b867143473fa32bfd21b903c49e1.png

Posted

Morning All, after the cool start this morning of 5.5°C at: 07:11, temperature has climber to 9.1°C, RH94% after a passing shower around 06:30 this morning adding 0.2mm of rain to the total for the month.

Meanwhile some brave souls have taken to the water this morning, a well groomed beach, Oh and what looks like some kids swings have appeared

image.thumb.png.b8649c1cf758d78c484caea79dc14d8a.png

From above looking like the cloud will thicken again later

image.thumb.png.878ef1a4f02d12edec212f8f55a73b7b.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud. Sunny Mild 10 .0c. wsw breeze 8 mph.

It’s up to 13C now, with light winds and plenty of sun it’s more like early April than early February. Certainly very pleasant while taking a quick walk at lunchtime. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunshine, cloud, bit more sunshine, bit more cloud.. temp did get to 13.8°C, felt very warm in the sunshine.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Now its raining!

Yup, we had two drops of that clear stuff, and just made the ground look patchy wet, after rising 13.6°C at: 13:12 earlier