Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Eunice - 18th February

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Morning all 

Just catching up , I honestly thought my area would be upgraded during the night. Going to phone my nan in a bit..make sure shes not going anywhere as she lives alone. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, DanDorsetUK said:

2000 homes in Cornwall are already without power. Not sure its related to the storm but not a good start.

Haha, are you suggesting that 2,000 homes in rural Cornwall have not yet been added to the National Grid?

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Can't blame them really. There's no now chance of getting adequate message across. That should have been 24 hours ago but they weren't properly informed. 

That's no excuse... I won't try unless I can be successful? Surely if putting the message out saves one person from injury it's worth it. 

I worked for an organisation where my job involved assessment of risk of our data feeds one of which was from the carribean. Weather warnings there are seen as a process and always be prepared to move to the next level. Transferred to the UK. If you have a yellow be prepared for it to go to Amber and understand what that entails. If Amber be prepared for Red and what that entails. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The winds have really started ramping up here just north of Bristol over the last half hour. Still a while until they reach their peak and then six hours of peak winds due. 

I get the feeling today is going to be truly exceptional weather wise. 

Go careful people. 

Despite the new red warning for the SE, the larger amber warning is still in the highest category of the matrix for severity. As we get to T0 the event likelihood has to increase, so this warning will surely need to change to either a lower 'severity' amber in the matrix, or further red warnings.

Wind already picking up here in Swindon, especially in the last 15 minutes.

• Like 2

Posted

Red Warning LONDON & SOUTH EAST

902019098_Screenshot2022-02-18070344.thumb.png.2434afb72c7d101689d82f1da0646b21.pngh_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Edited by Wivenswold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Just been outside to check anything loose I might have missed.  The peak of the storm is not due here for another four hours at least but already the wind sounds like I’m living next to a motorway - a constant roar through nearby trees - but at least the rain has stopped.  There are quite a few large, elderly and diseased ash trees in this area and I don’t think all of them will still be standing tonight…..   Every now and again I’m getting an extra strong gust but nothing like what is predicted for later.  

Posted

I asked my boss yesterday what the plan was for Friday. He said he’ll let me know when I get in at 11am . Not looking forward to the drive from Ashford to Maidstone. I’ve been really nervous of gales after 87 as I lived up near Sevenoaks. One thing he did tell me yesterday was to use 2hold on to the door with both hands when getting out of the van and use the side door I really do think he had absolutely no idea of what’s coming.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
1 minute ago, Sainsbo said:

Despite the new red warning for the SE, the larger amber warning is still in the highest category of the matrix for severity. As we get to T0 the event likelihood has to increase, so this warning will surely need to change to either a lower 'severity' amber in the matrix, or further red warnings.

Wind already picking up here in Swindon, especially in the last 15 minutes.

Yes,reading the red warning I was expecting some sort of upgrade in expectation for London and the South East.

The possibility of the odd 80mph gusts on coasts,although dangerous is not somthibg that unusual in the winter!

Of course,60mph to 70mph inland unusual,but nothing has changed here so why such a late red warning?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Anyone else have a shocking bad headache from pressure?

• Like 4

Posted
RNLI@1x.png
WWW.PORTHCAWL-LIFEBOAT.CO.UK

The health crisis has hit our income hard. Lockdown halted the fundraising events we rely on to power our lifesaving service. Yet our volunteer lifeboat crew has never stopped being on call 24/7, ready and...

A repost, but, high tide is almost here

• Like 2

Just now, sunnijim said:

Yes,reading the red warning I was expecting some sort of upgrade in expectation for London and the South East.

The possibility of the odd 80mph gusts on coasts,although dangerous is not somthibg that unusual in the winter!

Of course,60mph to 70mph inland unusual,but nothing has changed here so why such a late red warning?

Potential for sting jet... Met office are going for it further south and if you read the latest ESTOFEX forecast they also have the main risk of a sting jet over southern counties of England... Hence the Level 1 covering the South east corner. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

It's not every day you wake up under a red warning!

The wind and rain was already loud enough to wake me in the early hours as the cold front came through.

Stay safe everyone. I've got a busy day of WFH to try and navigate through while also taking in the wonder of the strong winds, unless the power goes of course!