Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Eunice - 18th February

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

I have a feeling what I just experienced was more than just a mere 'gust'. My heavy glass table just got lifted up and chucked upside down, my fence (which is heavy) just got chucked and landed around 30feet away in the road.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
Just now, Ross90 said:

Not trying to belittle anyone's damaged but those sort of fence panels are always the first to go and looking at the trees it doesn't look anymore than about 55 - 60mph. I haven't seen any vids that look more than about 70 so far. At 80mph trees are almost fully bent over or flapping around wildly...

To be fair, he's in a very protected spot of Ashford so for the trees to be swaying it does need a little bit more kick to the wind, this was one of the smaller gusts 

Just now, Ross90 said:

Not trying to belittle anyone's damaged but those sort of fence panels are always the first to go and looking at the trees it doesn't look anymore than about 55 - 60mph. I haven't seen any vids that look more than about 70 so far. At 80mph trees are almost fully bent over or flapping around wildly...

To be fair, he's in a very protected spot of Ashford so for the trees to be swaying it does need a little bit more kick to the wind, this was one of the smaller gusts 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but equally if that opinion is clearly nonsense others are entitled to treat it with the contempt i deserves.   74 mph at Hun airport, 70 mph widely in populated areas.  75 + is hurricane force.   What the hell were you expecting from today?   We dont live in hurricane alley, 70+ winds in populated areas is a huge event for this country.        So yes express an opinion, but if it so clearly flies in the face of fact, expect ridicule.

another who as missed the point   anyway  discussion closed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
30 minutes ago, jamesgold said:

Southeastern trains looking to stop all services now… ABSOLUTE FLOP! WHY IS MY HOUSE STILL STANDING?!?

Trust me, Kent is not having fun right now, certainly not coastal Kent. That's where southeastern goes. I think suspending the service is a good call.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

It’s getting pretty blustery here in the Lincs Wolds - fortunately I haven’t been called out yet, but Donna Nook has recorded a 53mph wind gust already, several hours before the worst of the wind is due to arrive here. Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Dreckly said:
Above posted yesterday not sure where from

Bude Tree down today

That first video was from last year I think? During a small tornado in Essex I believe?

• Like 2

Posted

Eerily calm in the north west all morning aside from rain but the wind has started to pick up now seemingly out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Windy here, but I've seen it worse in all honesty. Having experienced the Christmas eve storm in North Wales in 97, this is not anywhere close in my locale. 

Swaying trees and a few wheelie bins have fallen over. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Trust me, Kent is not having fun right now, certainly not coastal Kent. That's where southeastern goes. I think suspending the service is a good call.

agree it's definitely getting a pounding right now, I really want to go outside (of course away from any trees) but my dad needs to wake up from his nights to keep an eye out in the garden as it's still a mess and i've tried to keep the pillows from our sun sofa from flying away

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Just seen a heron flying backwards…

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but equally if that opinion is clearly nonsense others are entitled to treat it with the contempt i deserves.   74 mph at Hun airport, 70 mph widely in populated areas.  75 + is hurricane force.   What the hell were you expecting from today?   We dont live in hurricane alley, 70+ winds in populated areas is a huge event for this country.        So yes express an opinion, but if it so clearly flies in the face of fact, expect ridicule.

It doesn't excuse people attacking others or general rudeness- the forum does have rules to avoid it descending into a slanging match.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
On 18/02/2022 at 12:21, Mapantz said:

That first video was from last year I think? During a small tornado in Essex I believe?

OK many thanks

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Average wind speed at Hurn reached 45mph. That is some effort!

Highest recorded since 1980 was 52mph in the Burns day storm, so yeah that is very high, probably be pretty close to the top I'd imagine.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Just seen a heron flying backwards…

Lol. I was watching some crows earlier was actually hilarious. I kind of had this Australian sweary tiktok dude commentary in my head

Edited by birdman
Typo
  • Like 2

Posted

Wow. Not experienced anything like this since the early 90s when living in Germany.

Powercuts are something else

71B45CD7-7D48-4430-AD73-954E660D2BF5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, MJG1973 said:

You're not trolling, just giving an opinion. I'm in Bristol, we had an hour of high winds, 50-60 mph locally. Nothing untoward IMO, but other places have had it worse. Red warning, not for me but again its only an opinion. 

Latest Meto station observe up at Almondsbury (couple of miles from here), states gusts of 55mph for 1.00pm today; last recorded on their site was 10 oclock (hope it updates soon) at 47mph 

So, here, very local - "LOCAL" i said - yes it's stormy, but not as severe as other parts of SW.

• Like 2