IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Repeat ??? image.thumb.png.abdc389a4e31aa27a0fb8930275ced81.png

• Like 5

Posted

Woke up earlier and was so disappointed to see it was cloudy,the sun is now out in a clear blue sky,grass cut ,beers in the fridge,wife shopping for BBQ food ,time to get the pool out for the grandkids later...Lovely summer Saturday in Wigan

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
10 minutes ago, Spurry said:

Repeat ??? image.thumb.png.abdc389a4e31aa27a0fb8930275ced81.png

Slightly more useable temperatures as well and perfectly timed for the weekend…….if it comes off of course.

If it does then it’ll be up there with the hottest start to the new football league season.

• Like 6

Posted

This is my kind of warmth this morning with sunny-blue skies, the sun giving off radiant heat, but the airmass not being so oppressively humid that it's too uncomfortable to be out in the direct sunshine. It's quite odd to think today's daytime maximum temp will be Monday overnight's minimum.

• Like 7

Posted
16 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

This is my kind of warmth this morning with sunny-blue skies, the sun giving off radiant heat, but the airmass not being so oppressively humid that it's too uncomfortable to be out in the direct sunshine. It's quite odd to think today's daytime maximum temp will be Monday overnight's minimum.

It's perfect at the moment

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

The clouds parted here about an hour ago and now largely sunny, should be a nice afternoon with temps into the low to mid 20s celcius, perfect for bbqs and a cold beer or two before we are plunged into the dreaded furnace tomorrow.

• Like 5

Posted

23.4c feels lovely 😊 operation upstairs cool-down phase one implemented this morning….

all windows, curtains & doors closed to keep ambient temperature for upcoming nights… 

bbq lit 🔥 🍗 🍖 🐖 🥩 🐠 🥔 🥗 

bbc going for 37c here Monday now 🥵 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Grass cut so a quick trip to the recycling with some bags that I should have moved last week then it’s beer time with the only thing to work out being whether it’s the local, at home in the garden or both.

nice to see that my current temperature of 22.5c has already beat the max Met O temperature of 19c.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Beautiful afternoon now, comfortable to sit in the beer garden.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

WRF now goes out to 7 am Tuesday and it takes my breath away.
Tomorrow is hot enough with a max of 32.2°C in my location

on Monday absolutely crazy. 31° by 11 am. and max of 37.9°C. At one point on Monday we have a humidity of 17%!
Monday night temp still 30°C at midnight but drops to 20.8 at sunrise. Humidity actually drops during the night as the airmass becomes dryer. By 7 am Tuesday, temp is already 26.1°C; 500–1000 thicknesses 577 dam and T850s 24.3. Incredible. 
Can’t wait to see what the rest of Tuesday morning will look like later. 
Highest temperature I have reliably recorded was 32.8°C in Crosby on 19th July 2016. I have only been recording reliably after 2015 though. In any case, my record could even be smashed tomorrow and the NW England and Wales record will go Monday.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 5

Posted

Hi guys. Remember me as pip22? I've decided to have new account because my old one cannot seem to log in.

BTW, today is one of the many normal local Summer weather with temps up to 23C here. From tommorow onwards it is going to be extremely hot!! I still can't believe 40C going to happen somewhere!!

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, pip30 said:

Hi guys. Remember me as pip22? I've decided to have new account because my old one cannot seem to log in.

BTW, today is one of the many normal local Summer weather with temps up to 23C here. From tommorow onwards it is going to be extremely hot!! I still can't believe 40C going to happen somewhere!!

Welcome back mate👍

• Like 3

Posted

Defrosted chest freezer.   Cold in there,  🥶 😄

Later have to give veggies a drink.  Fortunately our spring water is still running.  February was exceptionally wet - but for that, the spring would be struggling by now.

2022 so far in mms  --

Jan 82.0

Feb 248.5

Mar 34.9

April  91.9

May  97.2

June  72.8

Has been a splendid year for harvesting silage and hay in these hills.   A few showers now and then will pep up regrowth.  But please let's not switch to the usual wet school holiday spell.  

• Like 4

Posted

A lovely sunny afternoon here, temperature currently 23.1C. I suspect we'll get to around 24/25C today. Temperatures won't be slipping away at any great rate this evening and overnight with a minimum of around 15C tonight, so it will probably be a very pleasant evening for sitting out till late with a few beers.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There's no rush? Ask Dom! image.thumb.png.ed9a15fa68654ae0a40a6b4f0c8ecbf4.png

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Ramp said:

BBQ here too, I thought I’d make the most of feeling comfortable outside 😅

Not indoors, I hope? And, aye, peeps have been known to try having barbies indoors. Much to the chagrin of their local Fire Departments!😁

• Like 5

Posted

Just about reached 23c here but dropping slowly again now

2nd can of beer nearly gone and the billy no mates bbq is lit so it’s looking like a fair old drink tonight and a head tomorrow that reflects it😫

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Monday by day looking like the local record will be broken at the very least, maybe even the national one but also the following night looking record breakingly warm too. Going to have to trawl through my records back to the late 70s but I'm sure it's never been 27C at midnight before, but that is the prediction by most models. And the "low" 5 hours later could be 23C. Again I don't think it's been that warm to start the day before. 21C I think was my all time "low" warm temperature.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A lovely summers day here in S Cheshire once early cloud melted away to sunny skies and 25c the high with a v slight breeze perfect summer weather before we head into the furnace from tomorrow! 🥵 

• Like 5

Posted

Bang on 25C here, feels hot out. Beers in the fridge are looking very inviting, but I've got to ferry family members around until 18:30, but I'm sure I'll make up for lost time after.

• Like 4