Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
33 minutes ago, Sun dog said:

Tomorrow morning 6am and Met Office are forecasting 26C. Does anybody know the warmest overnight temp recorded in our region?

I can recall June 19th 2017 being really warm along the east coast (20C+ at 4am) not sure if the heat made it this far west.

Think it was on 20th July 2016. Was around 26C at 1am here. The minima for that day was 19C

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 minute ago, carl1980 said:

Wife just said it's raining in St Helens 33.5c

At least it will be warm rain as opposed to the cold rain we usually get.

• Like 4

Posted

Driving home from work was something else. Hard to believe it might be even hotter tomorrow. I’ve never had the aircon on full blast all the way, car never dipped below 35 outside temp (not the most accurate I know but can’t be far wrong.)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hawarden should be representative of most of South NW England.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Suddenly feels much more intense out here like a hairdryer. Seems to have got much drier in the last few minutes. Feels like I’m in the Sun even though I’m in the shade. Maybe the foehn effect kicking in.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Suddenly feels much more intense out here like a hairdryer. Seems to have got much drier in the last few minutes. Feels like I’m in the Sun even though I’m in the shade. Maybe the foehn effect kicking in.

Yeah feels the same here went out there about 45 mins ago and it was boiling. 

• Like 3

Posted

Just hit 35°C.

• Like 5

Posted

3 Miles away from Hawarden I've just seen 37.6!

Pete

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

36.2 in Nantwich. Once again hard to believe but for myself it feels quite nice. I'm lying outside, dog is in the shade and there is a little breeze passing through.

Was hoping we'd edge towards 38 but nevermind.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We had a 30 min period of cloud. It hindered the temp. It fell a bit. 33.7C. Doubt it’ll rise anymore. 3C cooler than forecast. 

Then again. Even Liverpool airport is at 35C. Maybe my station is underreporting 

And so is the weather obs

EF088FDF-EF03-4CD9-B0D1-A6432D4C840E.png

Edited by Backtrack
  • Like 4

Posted

Echos on the radar around north Manchester, but clear and can't see anything on the horizon?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

39c we topped out at here, didn't last long and is now back to 37c and dropping.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A lovely very warm day. Cadac and kids pool out. Nothing too concerning just enjoyable. Wish we could have 2 months of this. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Reached 37. 6c here in Sandbach so I can imagine a more built up town like Crewe recording a local 38c that others have recorded. Extraordinary if you think about it - think we’ll reach 40c tomorrow whether officially or unofficially 🥵🥵⚠️ 

BD2AFE29-3717-481D-9AC6-9D9B590583A5.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Highest temperature on record in Wales now risen to 37.1C

The village of Hawarden in Flintshire has recorded a temperature of 37.1C (98F), the Met Office says

It is the highest air temperature ever recorded in Wales, it adds.

Earlier in the day the Met Office reported that Gogerddan in Ceredigion had reached 35.3C (95F), surpassing Wales' previous hottest temperature ever recorded of 35.2C in Hawarden, Flintshire in 1990.

Smashed it by just under 2C

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
57 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Think it was on 20th July 2016. Was around 26C at 1am here. The minima for that day was 19C

It was still about 19°C at 3 am here last night and according my weather app it’s still going to be 22C at 5 am tomorrow! The highest minimum on record is 24C in Brighton which will almost certainly be beaten, as well as somewhere in south east reaching 40C tomorrow. Just absolutely unbelievable this heatwave that we will not only break day temperature but also night temperature records!

I remember seeing the model runs a couple of weeks ago forecasting 40C in the south on 16/17th July. We all thought it wasn’t going to happen - but we were proved wrong!

48 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

fDZO9Sy.jpg

Very renewable, even more so that you’re in a rural location. Could easily be 40C in central Manchester.

Whats also notable is how low the humidity is today. 16% where you are, currently 33C with 22% humidity here according to my phone (getting a weather station soon). It’s a very dry heat, so despite feeling very hot outside it’s actually not that oppressive. More like the kind of heat you get abroad. This heatwave would be much worse if it was humid as well. Maybe the reason the air is so dry is that the weather has been dry recently. If so, we’ve been very lucky.

Sat in my bedroom staying nice and cool in front of the mini air cooler I bought from amazon and it’s keeping me nice and cool. 😎

Feel really sorry for anyone having to go to work/school in this heat, but it will all be over by Wednesday thankfully.

Hopefully we will get some huge thunderstorms on Wednesday. The grass is starting to go brown so we could do with some rain.

9 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

A lovely very warm day. Cadac and kids pool out. Nothing too concerning just enjoyable. Wish we could have 2 months of this. 

No thanks! A couple of days is enough for me! Although we would probably all get used to it if it was. A sunny 20-22C is more my cup of tea.

Actually clouding over here now, which will limit the temp. 35C forecast tomorrow - incredible for here. I recorded 33C on 25th July 2019 so it could be the hottest day ever here.

14285BAC-D3AC-4E52-8244-49206D2AA32F.jpeg

36ACF4E6-3405-43E9-9E57-DC13340ED1C0.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
9 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

If this hot weather does become a normality (again) then I might have to invest in one of these beauties: wheeliebin.thumb.jpg.2b976c3630836061a2de5831fda52d4f.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

At 16:00 Cambridge is at 38°C (not reporting a decimal)

Hawarden at 36.6°C so beating its own Welsh all-time record by 1.4°C.

Rostherne in Cheshire East is at 34.5°C which is 0.1°C below the all-time NW England record so I think it’s safe to assume that it is about to, or already has gone.

35.7°C at my location.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A peak of 37.8C here about 15 minutes ago, now at 37.6C. Still a little time left for additional heating, but probably close to the maximum for the day here. A quite remarkable temperature.

• Like 6