Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

A topsy turvy day. Heavy long lastimg downpour late morning, followed by warm sunshine in the afternoon, followed by another shorter lived downpour this evening. A much fresher feel this evening compared to recently, which has felt very muggy. Even so we still have 88% humidity.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
Just now, damianslaw said:

A topsy turvy day. Heavy long lastimg downpour late morning, followed by warm sunshine in the afternoon, followed by another shorter lived downpour this evening. A much fresher feel this evening compared to recently, which has felt very muggy. Even so we still have 88% humidity.

My day was very similar too even though I'm on the other side of the region from you. 
The downpour in the morning at work was a bit shortlived though.

Huge torrential downpour closer to home at the gym around 19:00. My Gym is sort of an old converted mill and the roof isn't exactly amazing and the rain was so heavy I thought it was about to cave in. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Another mostly nice day in Scarborough. A mix of sun and clouds and feeling very warm when the sun was out. The high was around 20 degrees. Had a brief shower mid afternoon but luckily we were in a cafe while it was raining.

Shortly after we got back it started raining heavily and there was loud thunder and a few flashes of lightning. This lasted for around half an hour. First thunderstorm I’ve experienced since last year! Wasn’t expecting a thunderstorm while on holiday, the first time that has happened to me I think.

Had chicken panini for lunch and steak pie and chips for tea.

FD8B70FB-449B-4FB2-B7F6-FFC4285E75ED.jpeg

1C61F069-0090-4E44-A8B8-299D56C16031.jpeg

D0996EB8-83F9-4DBA-8165-E3593DD8E74B.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
3 hours ago, Had Worse said:

I see the  showers to my West are realising that getting electrified is too expensive in our area  i

Cooking tea and hoping for a rumble. 

Three bean chilli with rice.

20220906_184210.jpg

Good game tonight ⚽⚽⚽⚽️ Haaland the machine ⚽⚽⚽⚽
love a good chilli 🌶 

went to Pico Lounge for tea and watched match at corner cupboard pub… 

Warm sunny humid afternoon 23c had a small downpour this evening but it went east of here… 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6

Posted
7 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Another mostly nice day in Scarborough. A mix of sun and clouds and feeling very warm when the sun was out. The high was around 20 degrees. Had a brief shower mid afternoon but luckily we were in a cafe while it was raining.

Shortly after we got back it started raining heavily and there was loud thunder and a few flashes of lightning. This lasted for around half an hour. First thunderstorm I’ve experienced since last year! Wasn’t expecting a thunderstorm while on holiday, the first time that has happened to me I think.

I see some fish had sneaked onto your pie and chips. 🤣

Not a bad start, bright enough with some cloud, pretty pink hue in the sky.  14° but feels cooler. Warmer coat now with hood for early walk to work, will end up carrying it home this pm unless it's raining. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looking very promising today. Looks like today will have the greatest CAPE/instability of the whole period so far. Flow is a little weaker today so things not moving quite as fast. Hopefully warm sunshine in between heavy showers. I love that type of day.

*Rant alert*…

I’m not even going to bother watching the convective thread anymore. Not a single post in there yesterday from NW England except me and another poster from Warrington responding to me. just  southerners  moaning about how lightning wasn’t frequent enough. Grrr

• Like 8

Posted
11 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

The Clock Cafe by any chance? Near the Spa and a view to die for! 

We seemed to have missed the rain yesterday including the Northwich 'cell'. I could see the clouds heading north from Crewe but we were not affected. A nice morning today and clouds don't seem as ominous (yet) as yesterday, with a breeze getting the clouds over us and away quite quickly. 

Chris R - rant alert, couldn't agree more, if only we had been in Seaford the other night!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not a bad day few jobs done outside of to Cartmel to look at a house with the wife hope it stays dry for a nice little walk while there 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

First strikes near Rhyl

• Like 4

Posted

Lightning spreading Eastwoods towards Prestatyn now seems to be developing further east as time goes on. Quite a bit of lightning from it now and that’s over the sea.

• Like 5

Posted

It’s definitely spreading Eastwoods. Strike at Hoylake. Also stuff in Shropshire for later.

• Like 4

Posted

Can hear rumbling in Wallasey. Sky looks threatening

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Heavy rain and thundering

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Heavy rain and thundering

Sun out here in Wallasey now but can hear the storm over the Mersey

• Like 5

Posted

All missing me so far but only a matter of time.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

2 or 3 days in a row now for thunderstorms 🎉 I'm well happy. Torrential downpour about 20 minutes ago, gutters couldn't cope, rain eased off but still lots of rumbles

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Chester getting a pasting so Liverpool is next in firing line 

• Like 4

Posted

I thought I heard rumbles but assumed it was construction or something because it's Sunny right now but I checked the lightning map and it is thunder, really not a fan of daytime storms though

• Like 4

Posted

Still missing it all but can hear rumbles about 4 miles to my west. Looks like I have to wait another hour for the stuff around Whitchurch.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Dark to my SE and suddenly got rather breezy. Could we get a surprise.?

• Like 4