Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I can explain why I prefer 30c over 18c in summer. 

Because I feel comfortable to sit in shorts and a t shirt or a beer garden without feeling cold.

18c and I need a jacket and jeans. In fact, anything less than 22c, requires me to wear a light jacket, depending on the cloud or wind. 

Your body temperature must be lower than mine. 18C in sunshine and light winds is perfectly fine for shorts and a T-shirt for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Weather forecast isn’t too bad for Breamar btw. Only one rainy day (Friday) and a nice sunny (although rather cool) weekend.

Have a feeling it’s gonna be another bad summer in the south again.

C8DB3571-A4C4-43E7-AFE4-15E632443D06.png

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

iPhone weather app forecasting 33C for Costa Del London on Friday, and it’s only mid June! Glad I don’t live in London!

Even at midnight it was still 18°C, under clear skies as well, here it was only 11°C.

Even tomorrow is forecast to be 26°C, same temp as forecast for Friday here.

London has like a Mediterranean climate in summer now. Every summer temps well into the 30’s. It’s like it’s in a different country sometimes!

6A4D664E-5E02-45D3-ACD1-E3D6A28BAEBF.png

Can’t wait

Just now, Sunny76 said:

Can’t wait

It won’t last long though.

Will be back to dull and cooler soon after the weekend. 

If it’s sunny and 21c I won’t be moaning though, as it’s the long periods of cloudy and dull weather that really gets me down in the summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

I hope i'm wrong but i got a feeling today is going to be a white out with hazy skies! Lots of plane trails sticking in the sky today and as they start to accumulate, the sun will be blocked out in a sheet of plane haze. Really really hope i'm wrong and they start to dissipate because this is my only day off this week! Seen this phenomena happen a few times lately when forecasted to be sunny. April 17th sticks in my mind for a haze whiteout day lol.

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Seriously? It’s been 23C in London today according to my phone, and probably not much cooler where you are.

Joking aside I do get cold as soon as the sun goes down. Esp if I have been laying it in. So I have to come in and put more layers on. Later on in the evening when the house is shut up I get hot again. I was in trousers without socks on so that probably did it. I get cold feet easily which cools the rest of me down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Just noticed the BBC weather app for Midlands at the weekend. It starts raining at 08:00 Saturday and doesn't stop until 18:00 Sunday. You really couldn't make this up. 

The BBC weather app is dreadful. It is very rarely right. I have it seen it with clear blue skies for my location whilst it is pouring down with rain.

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The BBC weather app is dreadful. It is very rarely right. I have it seen it with clear blue skies for my location whilst it is pouring down with rain.

Hope so. It looks dreadful !

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Just noticed the BBC weather app for Midlands at the weekend. It starts raining at 08:00 Saturday and doesn't stop until 18:00 Sunday. You really couldn't make this up. 

Wanna swap? We just need to ride out Friday here then it's over. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
28 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Chopping and changing constantly it was only cloud yesterday for Saturday now its forecast to pour down I really hope this is wrong but its only Wednesday so there's still time to change

Posted
7 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Your body temperature must be lower than mine. 18C in sunshine and light winds is perfectly fine for shorts and a T-shirt for me.

My hands turn bluish when temps drop down to 20c or lower, especially during the summer months. 

I feel the cold a lot more. The heat doesn't really affect me until it hits 27c, but I do feel hot. Its easier for me to tolerate higher temps, so a summer of 23-27c would be ideal for me. 

28-30c is when I start to feel uncomfortable, but can still handle it.

Unfortunately for me, we live in a mostly damp and cool climate most of the year. That being said, I do like the snowy or cold frosty sunny days, but hate the damp 8-13c stuff, which usually makes me feel colder than a day of sunshine and 3c.

• Like 1

Posted

It was nice seeing the sun for two hours this morning, have barely seen it, in over a week, might not see it again until Sunday!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

I hope i'm wrong but i got a feeling today is going to be a white out with hazy skies! Lots of plane trails sticking in the sky today and as they start to accumulate, the sun will be blocked out in a sheet of plane haze. Really really hope i'm wrong and they start to dissipate because this is my only day off this week! Seen this phenomena happen a few times lately when forecasted to be sunny. April 17th sticks in my mind for a haze whiteout day lol.

You are on contrail watch?

Those long shifts must be killing you!

I'll take over the afternoon shift, so you can put your feet up and have a cuppa.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I agree. That app makes it look horrendous. As others have said however, it is an incredibly poor app. I find the Met Office one the best but all a bit hit and miss really. Hoping it's just showers at worst and it will fragment but as you say, you really couldn't make it up. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
56 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

You are on contrail watch?

Those long shifts must be killing you!

I'll take over the afternoon shift, so you can put your feet up and have a cuppa.

Nope, I was wrong to worry thankfully lol. Sometimes they cause a hazy whiteout if the conditions are right but staying nice and sunny.

• Like 2

Posted

It’s looking really glorious for the next few days but I’m hoping there isn’t going to be too much cloud around to enjoy it, especially Friday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
3 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Wanna swap? We just need to ride out Friday here then it's over. 

Yeah I'll swap and also Saturday 

Posted

Rain popping up in the Midlands. Even in a heatwave this country never fails to disappoint.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

watch out London! Loch ness monster is comin for ya!

Screenshot_20220615-151057_NW Snow Radar.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
13 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Where has this drizzle/rain appeared from, which is currently over the Midlands? 

yeah. Another forecast gone wrong. Unbelievable

• Like 1