Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Much cooler bedroom tonight, under 17c, far better than last few nights. Windows wide open tonight, 2 fans on, hopefully knock 4c off that by morning!

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
4 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s hazy today, due to slightly more cloud about. Yesterday and Friday was quite clear, yesterday even more so due to the easterly breeze. 

There’s not much we can do about the air traffic. 

I think it’s always been like that. Just try and enjoy the weather. Maybe the contrails stick when it’s less windy. 

On other days you can get several aircraft in the sky and the skies remain a clear blue.

I went down to this boat pub by the water with some mates and the breeze was so bad, like someone had left a massive hairdryer on blowing cold air. It was so relentless that we left after just an hour due to shivering lol. Added to the completely milky sky, this was one of the most disappointing days this year for me after what was forecast.

Posted
9 minutes ago, SunSean said:

I went down to this boat pub by the water with some mates and the breeze was so bad, like someone had left a massive hairdryer on blowing cold air. It was so relentless that we left after just an hour due to shivering lol. Added to the completely milky sky, this was one of the most disappointing days this year for me after what was forecast.

Where in the South East are you?

We went to a local park in west London, and it was quite warm. But, I will say this, even yesterday and Friday still felt cool in the shady spots and anytime after 5pm, you would notice a fresh feel to the air.

20-22c at this time of year is nice and warm, but the atmosphere is still cold from the late winter. 

I think we need a few 25c days for it to feel really warm, even when a wind is blowing. Fresh breeze in 20-21c in a shady spot in a beer garden, and you can feel uncomfortable really quickly.

Probably why we’ve held off going to the coast until May, because it’s not warm enough just yet. Still pleasant, but a little nippy for the beach. Hiking weather though, and it’s perfect.

Posted
24 minutes ago, markyo said:

Much cooler bedroom tonight, under 17c, far better than last few nights. Windows wide open tonight, 2 fans on, hopefully knock 4c off that by morning!

It’s not been warm at all. It’s not very cold at night like it was, but still cool. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s not been warm at all

For me 20c is warm, nice with a breeze, just about perfect.

Posted

I'd settle for a repeat of last years summer. It was excellent up here. apart from August which was extremely cloudy. 

June/July and September were nice.. if i recall the met office said it was the 9th warmest summer  on record. 

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

For me 20c is warm, nice with a breeze, just about perfect.

I mean the overnight temps. Daytime has been improving gradually. Earlier last week it was still a bit chilly in the wind.

1 hour ago, weatherguru14 said:

I'd settle for a repeat of last years summer. It was excellent up here. apart from August which was extremely cloudy. 

June/July and September were nice.. if i recall the met office said it was the 9th warmest summer  on record. 

Shame, as it was the reverse where I was. I think summer 2021 was possibly one of the poorest summers I’ve experienced since the year 2000.

Posted
8 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I mean the overnight temps. Daytime has been improving gradually. Earlier last week it was still a bit chilly in the wind.

Shame, as it was the reverse where I was. I think summer 2021 was possibly one of the poorest summers I’ve experienced since the year 2000.

It was a weird set up last year. weather patterns wise that is. High pressure to the north and low to the south. 

I hope we all have a settled summer this year

Posted
13 hours ago, SunSean said:

Yeah it felt a lot cooler than forecast in the SE with that wind. It was a bit stronger everywhere than they made out I think.

I was also expecting clear skies for a bit behind last night's cold front, but that hasn't gone as forecast either by the looks of it. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Azazel said:

What an utterly boring period coming up

5674E24B-8FF0-4ECA-A84B-62E82A6E65AE.jpeg

17C is fine by me to be honest! 

The Apple app forecast is awful though. It can be clear blue skies with a 5% chance of a rogue shower and the symbol will be still be of a raining cloud as long as there is a 1% chance.

Posted
53 minutes ago, Azazel said:

12 minutes ago, Alexis said:

17C is fine by me to be honest! 

The Apple app forecast is awful though. It can be clear blue skies with a 5% chance of a rogue shower and the symbol will be still be of a raining cloud as long as there is a 1% chance.

Yes I agree with Alexis on all those points. Yesterday here was lovely until 21.00 but due to the weak late evening front it had 40% and rain showing as the main forecast due to rain chance within Sunday’s 24 hours.

More than likely those days will be sun and showers, 17c would be unlikely without sun.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

At least you got to see some sun! All i've seen is cloud since I came up north on frinking Friday!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Was wondering what the recent CFS runs were showing for July/August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Runs off in order to consult Nostradamus!

• Like 1

Posted

Ugly hazy milky skies again today in the south east 

The annoying thing is that weather stations count hazy skies as full sun still so you'd look back on days like today and yesterday and assume they were clear all day when in reality it was just thick haze.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, SunSean said:

Ugly hazy milky skies again today in the south east 

The annoying thing is that weather stations count hazy skies as full sun still so you'd look back on days like today and yesterday and assume they were clear all day when in reality it was just thick haze.

Do you have SAD?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Do you have SAD?

Probably lol but i just cant enjoy milky skies when i know its so much better out in beautiful clear blue skies. Maybe i'm just really fussy lol but a blue sky seems so rare these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Can't see what all the fuss is about with this easterly. The weather in London looks alright for the forseable future with temps avg or even slightly above 16-18°C. Decent for April!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

image.thumb.png.22f4b875aa2e5a52886d01c2563a0d57.png

image.thumb.png.e25fdfad200ddce556c18b97775ef97d.png

Here is the GLOSEA for comparison- very very unsettled

image.thumb.png.e98af9fa427f557861f368f5d8cd755c.png

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Can't see what all the fuss is about with this easterly. The weather in London looks alright for the forseable future with temps avg or even slightly above 16-18°C. Decent for April!

No 18C on this chart for Thursday. Looks cool across the UK with a brisk E'ly

image.thumb.png.4c5be6c6095eefd43bc6b6698e42f5b1.png

Posted

That Glosea chart is wonderful (and backs up my own current analogues which are horrific for July-August).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
30 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Quite.

The UKV is showing maxes no lower than 15°C for here, and you can always add a degree on to that as well. 

• Like 2

Posted
53 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

That Glosea chart is wonderful (and backs up my own current analogues which are horrific for July-August).

Yep looks ominous for heat lovers. 

I think May-June will make or break this summer for them as I think that's where the best chance of settled weather will be.

• Like 2