Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
Just now, SunSean said:

The only thing I have to moan about today's beautiful weather is the fact I'm at work till 10pm lol. Would have been in the garden all day!

Yes that’s a bloody shame isn’t it. My partner is working today at the garden centre, but she’s part time. They all have to commit to 2 bank holidays each throughout the year.

Luckily, she’s off on Easter Sunday, as the centre is always closed then, and off again on Monday. 

Posted

Another extremely dry and sunny spring seems to be unfolding here. The first half has had 292 hours of sunshine (194hrs in March, 98hrs in April so far) and just 27.0mm of rain (23.0mm March, 4.0mm in April so far).

It's nice, but you just know deep down that the first half of summer will not be able to match that.

Also noteworthy, the rolling 12 month average for rainfall is 500.0mm and sunshine is 1731 hours. Its been an extremely dry and sunny period here.

Any bets it will break mid-May on? 

Posted

We’ve been lucky with Easters over the last few years. This is the third one since 2019 which has been sunny and warm. Only last year’s wasn’t that good.

Also recorded my first temperature above 20C today at 21C.

Posted

Yes a decent Easter overall on the cards. NW parts will see rain Sunday, for the majority the rain arrives later Sunday and in the night, ideal timing. Can't see many complaining about the weather this Easter, no blazing heat but very useable weather. 

• Like 2

Blimey, finished dinner at 6:30 was sat outside in Chiswick west London, it was warm and pleasant, T-shirts shorts, get back to Bournemouth and it feels freezing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
3 hours ago, TheOgre said:

We’ve been lucky with Easters over the last few years. This is the third one since 2019 which has been sunny and warm. Only last year’s wasn’t that good.

Also recorded my first temperature above 20C today at 21C.

And 2018 was quite good, 2017 also not too bad.  2016 was the last poor easter I remember (unless you like stormy weather)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Yes a decent Easter overall on the cards. NW parts will see rain Sunday, for the majority the rain arrives later Sunday and in the night, ideal timing. Can't see many complaining about the weather this Easter, no blazing heat but very useable weather. 

the models after though are pants!, but the most easterly period of the year coming up

Posted
24 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

the models after though are pants!, but the most easterly period of the year coming up

Struck lucky with timing, following the cold northerly and likely easterly..

Posted
7 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Finally a day when it feels warm enough to not need a jacket, although I still wore my light one when leaving the flat.

Now sitting by a pond and soaking up the rays. 

All we need now is the warmer evenings. Glad to see the back of the chilly weather and nagging cold winds.

Easily the warmest day of the year so far with 21c reached and exceeded. 23c now in west London. 

Yes. I was in the pub beer garden from about 4pm and it was indeed lovely to feel that bit of warmth after 6 months of cold and dark. It does wonders for those aches and pains.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm moaning that I've had to come to the cloudy North West to stay with the witch! Aka mil. Detest the cow so it doubly hurts. Being with her and missing out on the sun finally showing its face down south!!

Posted
13 hours ago, SummerShower said:

And 2018 was quite good, 2017 also not too bad.  2016 was the last poor easter I remember (unless you like stormy weather)

2018 was chilly from memory. I think we were still in a cold period, and wasn’t Easter in late March that year? 

The first half of April was cold at times, I remember working outside in it.

11 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes. I was in the pub beer garden from about 4pm and it was indeed lovely to feel that bit of warmth after 6 months of cold and dark. It does wonders for those aches and pains.

Yes it makes a difference. 

Less of those blue dry hands that I seem to suffer from when daytime temps are under 18c.

Posted
10 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm moaning that I've had to come to the cloudy North West to stay with the witch! Aka mil. Detest the cow so it doubly hurts. Being with her and missing out on the sun finally showing its face down south!!

It really is nice. Reminds me of those clear blue skies of April and May 2020, which I think was countrywide at the time, and those cold sunny days of last April.

Mils can be a nightmare, but mine isn’t too bad. She’s 1200 miles away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
36 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

2018 was chilly from memory. I think we were still in a cold period, and wasn’t Easter in late March that year? 

The first half of April was cold at times, I remember working outside in it.

Yes.. my bad there actually!  I was away in Dorset the weekend of 14/15th April and had it in mind that was Easter.  Yes now you mention it I think some northern areas had snow that Easter.

Posted
43 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It really is nice. Reminds me of those clear blue skies of April and May 2020, which I think was countrywide at the time, and those cold sunny days of last April.

Mils can be a nightmare, but mine isn’t too bad. She’s 1200 miles away.

Wish I could ship mine that far away never to return. Cloud still in the North West and watery sun at best. I miss the South

Posted
12 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well it is another corker of a day in Dudley. Think i might have to pop up the pub beer garden again shortly. Hopefully weather holds for tomorrow.  I'm off to Sheffield for the snooker at the Crucible.  And i always remember Les Dawson and his MIL joke " You could always tell when the MIL was coming around. The mice were throwing themselves on the traps!" Hope it is not too politically incorrect. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

To be honest, when the sun was out today, without much of a breeze that was about max for what I'd call comfortable to sit in, anything much above this temp without any real breeze i find uncomfortable. Was grateful for the cloud cover to come over to be frank. 

• Like 2

Posted

Cloud back in the north west so hazy now. Was nice this morning. That said there is a strong breeze though so it doesn't feel that warm Markyo would be happy here. Back home in Winch it's knocking on the door to 22c Sad times!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

A nice pleasant spring day over here, and I have so far been enjoying spring 2022 as it has had quite a variety to it and perfect growing conditions.

On a side note, it's hard to believe that we are half way through spring already. Where does the time go? Be Christmas again before we know it.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
54 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Markyo would be happy here

Sounds perfect!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, weatherguru14 said:

Lovely evening out there. 

It was! Even in the north west we scraped by with the earlier cloud clearing. Grabbed my 6 year old and went for a sun set walk down the farm and to the reservior! Was lush and totally what the dr ordered!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning all, well another nice spring sunny Morning here in Norfolk. Can't believe we are now half way through spring.

2020/2021 and as it stands 2022 hardly any rain has fallen here...After an average rainfall winter , this spring i have only recorded 16.5mm of rain since 1st March.

Yet again the 3 month spring forecast so far just like the past 2 have been completely wrong. .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Sigh, another day that started nice and blue but now, after a constant bombardment of air traffic, it has milked over the entire sky completely. This is happening more than I can ever remember in the past 2 years.

• Like 1

Posted

Definitely a better day than expected.  High cloud.. yes, but nice blue gaps.. oh yes!  Thought it would be totally cloudy by now.  Slightly cooler than the last 2 days, but not by much.

Posted
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

Sigh, another day that started nice and blue but now, after a constant bombardment of air traffic, it has milked over the entire sky completely. This is happening more than I can ever remember in the past 2 years.

It’s hazy today, due to slightly more cloud about. Yesterday and Friday was quite clear, yesterday even more so due to the easterly breeze. 

There’s not much we can do about the air traffic. 

2 hours ago, SunSean said:

I think it’s always been like that. Just try and enjoy the weather. Maybe the contrails stick when it’s less windy. 

On other days you can get several aircraft in the sky and the skies remain a clear blue.

• Like 1