Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Extreme downgrades as per usual for Easter weekend from the met office for my area. Was originally 18 degrees and sunny for Easter Sunday but now apparently its the worst day of the week with cloud all day. Lovely. Had already made plans and all, what a joke.

• Like 1

Easter weekend certainly has had a downgrade while in general the weather will better than recently showers and plenty of cloud look like affecting many areas. Think we can say goodbye to those forecasts of blue skies and 20-22C 

Posted
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Easter weekend certainly has had a downgrade while in general the weather will better than recently showers and plenty of cloud look like affecting many areas. Think we can say goodbye to those forecasts of blue skies and 20-22C 

Easter far more unpredictable than Christmas, largely because it can happen in a 5 and half week window! Also this is the time of year with most varied weather, spring heat and cold .. fine margins. All looking a rather average Easter overall, temps respectable I guess but it is rather late this year and nothing exceptional. Cloud looks the key theme, rain and showers in the mix, sunshine very limited..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Could end up being quite a poor month overall at this rate...

• Thanks 1

Posted

So bored of this bland weather Friday looks like the only good day now and after that is looks boring and bland again. I bet May will be the same.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, TheOgre said:

So bored of this bland weather Friday looks like the only good day now and after that is looks boring and bland again. I bet May will be the same.

And then we are into summer which is the new Autumn! So summers over before it's begun lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

And then we are into summer which is the new Autumn! So summers over before it's begun lol

Definitely was last year - saw fungus growth and leaves turning orange in May last year which I’ve never seen before. 

probably another dreadful spring/summer in the offing

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Definitely was last year - saw fungus growth and leaves turning orange in May last year which I’ve never seen before. 

probably another dreadful spring/summer in the offing

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have another cloudy and disappointing summer, but hopefully a sunnier May. 

• Like 1

Posted

I don't like to moan too much but I was looking forward to some pleasant weather, it looked pleasant for several days and now the forecast looks like something out of winter 2021/22:

image.thumb.png.055d2ee43de69025cf38bb91b6f4f4d5.png

Temps maybe a couple degrees warmer...

Already on the 3rd cloudy day now. Not even anything else happening, no wind, so I can't go kitesurfing! Usually that's at least a benefit for me in Spring/summer, if the weather's naff and unsettled it usually comes with a good old breeze off the Atlantic so I get to do my favourite activity... not this time (which reminds me of many of the poorer spells in the south in Summer 2021, also not much wind with them).

I should have added; I'm in East Devon at the moment.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

I don't like to moan too much but I was looking forward to some pleasant weather, it looked pleasant for several days and now the forecast looks like something out of winter 2021/22:

image.thumb.png.055d2ee43de69025cf38bb91b6f4f4d5.png

Temps maybe a couple degrees warmer...

Already on the 3rd cloudy day now. Not even anything else happening, no wind, so I can't go kitesurfing! Usually that's at least a benefit for me in Spring/summer, if the weather's naff and unsettled it usually comes with a good old breeze off the Atlantic so I get to do my favourite activity... not this time (which reminds me of many of the poorer spells in the south in Summer 2021, also not much wind with them).

Yup we are into summer 21 mode already. Setting up camp in spring so it'll be well intrenched.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yup we are into summer 21 mode already. Setting up camp in spring so it'll be well intrenched.

I hope it gets itself out of the way in Spring this time (last two Aprils were sunny, if different temp wise, so that's different at least)

• Thanks 1

Posted

This is your typical issue every spring/summer or even autumn. Every time it seems there’s a warm spell, there’s always just too much cloud to enjoy it. The dullness is the worst thing about our climate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

This is your typical issue every spring/summer or even autumn. Every time it seems there’s a warm spell, there’s always just too much cloud to enjoy it. The dullness is the worst thing about our climate.

Yep, only about 5% of the land surface of the planet is as cloudy as the UK and most of that is unpopulated parts of Northern Russia, North East Canada and the Amazon. Another 500hrs of sun per year would make a massive difference. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

And Winter 2021!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

spring struggling to get going here...this cold spell which was supposed to be a 3 day affair is now dragging on into day 5..temps still way below freezing day and night..could be Sunday now before getting above freezing again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

18c under cloud and a breeze is still chilly in my book. 28c and I might be happy!

Depends on the person. If I'm walking 18C and cloudy is fine for me and certainly not shivering territory. Being 14 stone probably helps. Takes a lot for me to feel properly cold. 28C though bit too hot. 25C probably my upper limit. Currently in South of France and we come here now at this time of year before it does get too stifling. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Depends on the person. If I'm walking 18C and cloudy is fine for me and certainly not shivering territory. Being 14 stone probably helps. Takes a lot for me to feel properly cold. 28C though bit too hot. 25C probably my upper limit. Currently in South of France and we come here now at this time of year before it does get too stifling. 

Fair play. But i am a heat lover. And even low 20's when the sun goes behind a cloud feels a bit on the cool side. But each to their own. Hope you are enjoying it down there in France. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I'm 7 1/2 stone! So i'm in the 28c camp to decently feel warm! Skinny rake I am!

1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Fair play. But i am a heat lover. And even low 20's when the sun goes behind a cloud feels a bit on the cool side. But each to their own. Hope you are enjoying it down there in France. 

Same here with clouds! Are you a skinny rake too?

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm 7 1/2 stone! So i'm in the 28c camp to decently feel warm! Skinny rake I am!

Same here with clouds! Are you a skinny rake too?

Err. Not really. I am about a stone overweight. Which is down to my frequent visits to the pub. And an unhealthy like for pork scratchings! But yeah. Clouds in summer are a nuisance.  Especially when we don't normally have a warm/humid airmass. Fresh atlantic air in summer is a bit tiresome for me! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
29 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Err. Not really. I am about a stone overweight. Which is down to my frequent visits to the pub. And an unhealthy like for pork scratchings! But yeah. Clouds in summer are a nuisance.  Especially when we don't normally have a warm/humid airmass. Fresh atlantic air in summer is a bit tiresome for me! 

I was a daily drinker myself to be honest, probably about 4 pints of lager a night, sometimes a bit more but I cut right down to practically nothing a few years ago. I only drink a couple of times a year now and don't crave it every day anymore nor do I gravitate towards the booze aisle in the supermarket. Done wonders for my blood pressure cutting right down. Morning after drinking it was often pretty high and with a family history of strokes on both mum and dad's side not good. Not to mention my liver enzymes were highly elevated via blood tests. I cannot drink in "moderation" though that's the problem. I'm an all or nothing person so had to really cut down or I'd be in trouble health-wise. Yes it's nice to feel tipsy or drunk but it's not the be all end all for me personally. I like a fresher head nowadays.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I was a daily drinker myself to be honest, probably about 4 pints of lager a night, sometimes a bit more but I cut right down to practically nothing a few years ago. I only drink a couple of times a year now and don't crave it every day anymore nor do I gravitate towards the booze aisle in the supermarket. Done wonders for my blood pressure cutting right down. Morning after drinking it was often pretty high and with a family history of strokes on both mum and dad's side not good. Not to mention my liver enzymes were highly elevated via blood tests. I cannot drink in "moderation" though that's the problem. I'm an all or nothing person so had to really cut down or I'd be in trouble health-wise. Yes it's nice to feel tipsy or drunk but it's not the be all end all for me personally. I like a fresher head nowadays.

Fair play. I tend to keep it to Friday Saturday Sunday. Trouble is i tend to overdo it a bit on those 3 days. Flip side i do get 4 clear days so perhaps a bit of mitigation.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

First class Easter weather for a change, not to warm, broken cloud, basically perfect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Finally a day when it feels warm enough to not need a jacket, although I still wore my light one when leaving the flat.

Now sitting by a pond and soaking up the rays. 

All we need now is the warmer evenings. Glad to see the back of the chilly weather and nagging cold winds.

Easily the warmest day of the year so far with 21c reached and exceeded. 23c now in west London. 

Edited by Sunny76
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

The only thing I have to moan about today's beautiful weather is the fact I'm at work till 10pm lol. Would have been in the garden all day!

• Thanks 1