Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
2 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

So far so good, almost knocking on the doorstep now with bright flashes and faint thunder being heard 😄 another 15mins and it'll be directly overhead.

It's pretty good, got torrential rain here at the moment, been some decent rumbles of thunder.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Low battery rushed inside now plugged in v heavy rain flashes and thunder all round!!

Wow this is fantastic!

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 5

Posted

Impressive how bright the lightning is given the storm is about 30 odd miles away, sadly I think the main lot might just miss us, we'll see. Just seems a tad West?

image.thumb.png.ccb6c75b4756d8cc857bbe2bc452f208.png

Died down a bit near me, just outside Aylesbury, then WOLLOP! It almost blinded me, extreme noise and all electrics went off. They tried coming back on and we saw sparks/smoke coming from neighbor opposites roof area then it went off again. 2 fire trucks came seems they're all ok but guessing they've got some damage somewhere. Start my new job in 5 hours 😳

• Like 1

Posted

who would of thought in September we get treated to a country wide squall line?? Even the areas not directly under it are still seeing distant light shows...turned into a very good night. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

Low battery rushed inside now plugged in v heavy rain flashes and thunder all round!!

Winds picked up here, seen at least 10 CGs in your direction 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
14 minutes ago, Tamsin said:

Been a couple more of those since then!

Below is strike I caught before the squall thing went over me x

That's absolutely unreal! Great shot Tamsin!

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Impressive how bright the lightning is given the storm is about 30 odd miles away, sadly I think the main lot might just miss us, we'll see. Just seems a tad West?

image.thumb.png.ccb6c75b4756d8cc857bbe2bc452f208.png

you are right in the firing line mate...the squall line is very wide...it doesnt last long but as it passes overhead it is very intense for a few minutes

• Like 1

Posted

Been ages since I last saw approaching lightning from a storm at night which is miles away from where I am, incredible scenes and its not even near us

Could be very good, coming alive now, hoping for some Lincolnshire goodness

image.thumb.png.598f2cedbbbc676142cbc8a342fd354e.png

Edited by TJS1998Tom
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Heavy rain and thunder and lightning all round me just wish I had a camera to show you all

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted

Screenshot_20220905_020517_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a2102b623a069dac4e6e68ffc4af6bb4.jpg As Chessy said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Seeing awesome lightning in all directions west of North!! New cells going up to my S. Think the one near Ely has electrified now. 

Anyone missing out, here’s the sunny hunny cam. Brilliant panoramic view of the storm front from N to S!! 
https://hunstanton.webcam/south-prom

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
18 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Just had a pleasant surprise here! Despite my rather obstinate reservations on how far East the storms would reach, the system did in fact grace Bexhill with an hour long distant light show, and then a short but extremely heavy burst of convective rain with mostly IC lightning.

Not bad at all, even had a huge black/brown spider watch with me on the edge of my window frame. Also a rather sultry 21c (risen as the night has gone on) here right now, but also a keen ENE wind associated with outflow, very odd! 

Yes,I couldn't believe how warm it had become too,from 17c at 10pm to 21c at 145am as the storm cleared.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
34 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Sadly died a death after that big amount of lightning, went out with a whimper. How unfortunate - must have bumped into some weird air...

Died so quickly, a jet flew through it...

image.thumb.png.735178ad3e585c4b523d9b3c7dc1660c.png

I watched it just die it was about 3 flashes a second then it just went to nothing, was there any cape left where these storms fled too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
7 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Yes,I couldn't believe how warm it had become too,from 17c at 10pm to 21c at 145am as the storm cleared.

Yep the difference here too it was about 18 at 11 and now it’s about 22

Posted

All died down here but a brilliant storm. Night all 😊

• Like 2