Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.

Got to love how a forecast cold spell can be on a knife-edge all the way up to the actual event occuring, yet any mild weather that's forecast is almost certainly nailed-on and locked-in for at least a week.

I give up on winter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Nothing cold for at least 2 more weeks according to the Estonian Environment Agency.

D how credible are these people .GFS showing easterly trying to invade uk this morning BTW

Posted
10 hours ago, S Bragg said:

Got to love how a forecast cold spell can be on a knife-edge all the way up to the actual event occuring, yet any mild weather that's forecast is almost certainly nailed-on and locked-in for at least a week.

I give up on winter.

Unfortunately that's how it is for the UK.  Mild weather always finds a way, whereas as cold winter weather rarely does.

• Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, S Bragg said:

I give up on winter.

That’s always been the case for the UK, especially the south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It was looking like it might be sunny here today but no, just the usual mild, dull and damp crud. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

I see the MetO have changed their wording for the second half of January, the S word has gone, and it's brief cold spells from the north possible, good time to make the change unnoticed   😄  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

brief cold spells will be more like ridges behind lows, max of 6 in south, bit like this Boxing Day, GFS 12Z showing it a bit like that, low after low it will be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Currently at my Dads for Christmas near Porthmadog by the coast (N,Wales) and we have thunder and lightning!!!

Happy Christmas all.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Petorious said:

Currently at my Dads for Christmas near Porthmadog by the coast (N,Wales) and we have thunder and lightning!!!

Happy Christmas all.

THAT'S nice 

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, RJBingham said:

I see the MetO have changed their wording for the second half of January, the S word has gone, and it's brief cold spells from the north possible, good time to make the change unnoticed   😄  

Typical, just read it, looking like another snowless, crud of a January. 

Not surprising the warm up in January and February since 1987 has been ridiculous, over the whole of Europe. 

The French met office for example mention how crazy the warmth in their country has been since the late 80s.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Beautiful mild Xmas day. No ice to bugger up plans and feels splendid outside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Absolutely p.... ing down here in Somerset. 

Merry Christmas from the British Weather. What a complete heap of sh.. te😡

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, SLEETY said:

Typical, just read it, looking like another snowless, crud of a January. 

Not surprising the warm up in January and February since 1987 has been ridiculous, over the whole of Europe. 

The French met office for example mention how crazy the warmth in their country has been since the late 80s.

Yes, December 1987 is when they first experienced a very mild festive period. Think some places in northern France and the Pyrenees region had temps well into the 10s, or mid to high 50s f with sunshine.

Hence the very mild spring weather spread to the southern half of England during that day.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Looks bleak outside.. 10C and rain. Give me -10C and sunny skies instead.. a 2010 Christmas would've been splendid, but alas this is our default weather.

I have something close to that now.

Feels like minus 5 or so with the breeze.

Could contain: Text, Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Credit Card

Could contain: Text, Advertisement, Poster

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Wow what a merry but Grim festive period this is! The models looking more and more stormier as the rest of the year ebs away. PV defintely sling shotting those LP at us from Newfoundland instead of winter wonderland, as suspected🤪🎅 

have a nice holiday period!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Looks bleak outside.. 10C and rain. Give me -10C and sunny skies instead.. a 2010 Christmas would've been splendid, but alas this is our default weather.

The best one was Christmas 2020, which was close to perfect in terms of cold sunny and frosty weather around 3-4c and even colder with the wind.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowmad79 said:

Wow what a merry but Grim festive period this is! The models looking more and more stormier as the rest of the year ebs away. PV defintely sling shotting those LP at us from Newfoundland instead of winter wonderland, as suspected🤪🎅 

have a nice holiday period!

I think just make the best of it. The weather is only a small bonus, but I would sooner have people I want to be with and be happy, as opposed to be surround by snow and be alone or somewhere I feel less happy.

I’m just trying to add some balance to the argument.

Im enjoying my Christmas here, but part of me misses that typical British Christmas. 

Posted
Just now, Sunny76 said:

The best one was Christmas 2020, which was close to perfect in terms of cold sunny and frosty weather around 3-4c and even colder with the wind.

Yes Christmas 2020 was a good one, probably the best since 2010. We got a White Christmas that year and it was pretty chilly up to the middle of February. 

If only we had the cold 10 days ago today.. minus double digits, snow cover and blue skies. Perfect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A bit dull and not very seasonal feeling for most of the day so far but at least the sun is trying to come out here which makes it better than last Christmas when it rained all day.

Posted
6 hours ago, Petorious said:

Happy Christmas all.

That happened on Christmas Day morning in 2012 in London. I remember waking up at 8am with a thunderstorm. Me and my brother were nursing a hangover at the time. Fun times lol.