Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Really coming down out there… icicles forming… proper wintry evening… maybe wake up to narnia… one side of the garden at least with this wind blowing snow about… 

Lot of snow about but it’s just blowing about 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, frosty ground said:

Lot of snow about but it’s just blowing about 

Have about 4 inches of snow on ground atm … but one side of garden with new fence panels is being pummelled… worst wind with snow falling since 2018… hopefully tomorrow will look an amazingly wintery wonderland in the sunshine ☀️ 🤞👌👍🤞👌👍❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 4

Posted

Leek Road opposite theWinking Man is now impassible, the road is a little to the left of the lower wall (middle) and only a few hours ago the council had tractor-ploughs in-situ to rescue the few remaining lorries and cars that were chancing it. No chance now.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Weather, Chair, Furniture, Winter, Snow, Storm

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
10 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Yep an inch of lying snow would do me.

Met Office have us down for a few hrs of heavy snow early tomorrow morning 5am-7/8am. We shall see I guess. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters
2 hours ago, RabbitEars said:

We struggled all day, mostly sleet and rain and slushy stuff at all altitudes. Then at 6pm it just changed .. snow falling at almost all levels now. 

The Amber warning issued uesterday is coming to pass but later than I think they thought! 

Buses now not running in some areas. Roads closed. But still the government getting slammed on social media about a snain day! 

Can't win! 

Could contain: Ice, Plant

Follow up..

Power out in two locations in the west of the island.  Buses not serving estates around Douglas and Onchan (east), too icy/snowy. Snow on the beach in Port Erin (south).

Small tiny snow flakes falling consistently on a raw strong wind.

Imaged from my back yard, gate, Rudolph and the same pegs from earlier for comparison. 

And this is all before the system pivots, what will happen if the northerly flow undercuts? It might get worse!? 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Frost, Snow

Could contain: Clothing, Glove, Body Part, Finger, Hand, Person, Ice, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Ice, Furniture, Snow

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, WillinGlossop said:

Have about 4 inches of snow on ground atm … but one side of garden with new fence panels is being pummelled… worst wind with snow falling since 2018… hopefully tomorrow will look an amazingly wintery wonderland in the sunshine ☀️ 🤞👌👍🤞👌👍❄️❄️❄️❄️

Windows doing well keeping the heat in, all windows frostied over.

lad made a snowman’s earlier had about 2 inches then all that’s covered over with more on top. Drifts are forming. Going to be an interesting morning I suspect lower areas will start to see snow pulling up to

• Like 4

Posted

Absolutely white over now, opened the back door for a peak but got blown back in, the wind is a constant roar, got a torch next to my bed as the lights have been flickering.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Sideways snow for hours. The shield broke about 4 hrs  ago.

Not overly much depth buy hey, its nice to see and hear. Been a while.  

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Neighborhood

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Going to bed and getting up at 3. Looks way better then.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 3

Posted

Last post of the day from me, its good to see snow in March, but it doesn't have the same appeal as in Dec - Feb, can't help but think had these synoptics arrived 2-3 weeks ago, much of today's precipitation would have stuck and a very memorable snow event occured... we had to wait until the late afternoon for temps and conditions to fall right side of marginal and for ground temps to drop sufficiently.

Take tomorrow as well, the March sun is gaining ever more strength, and by lunchtime even if air temps are holding around 3 degree mark, it will put serious pay to any snow cover.. even decent snow, that would not have been the case just 2-3 weeks ago even, if it was Dec to mid Feb probably an ice day on the cards.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Absolutely white over now, opened the back door for a peak but got blown back in, the wind is a constant roar, got a torch next to my bed as the lights have been flickering.

Hope power stays on… that wind is crazy… extremely gusty… much stronger than I was anticipating 👌👍🤞

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Proper tonking it down now. Everywhere getting covered. 

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Going to bed and getting up at 3. Looks way better then.

I'm not too sure, we are kinda seeing a pattern developing on the radar with less PPN to the west of the hills and now this is where Yorkshire should get there fair share at all levels you would of thought.

Saying that it's been an unpredictable radar but with colder air filtering in, it could mean more drying out of the PPN but who knows as it's so unpredictable although despite that in our region, the Met has been spot on about little to no accumulations at lower levels.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Just a dusting here too nothing incredible. I suppose at least there's been some snow. We'll see what there is later on, can't see us getting the 4 inches we had at the end of November 2021.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Just looked outside, about 2cm in whitehaven😁

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

M62 traffic has been static for two hours. Looks like loads of Man Utd fans are stuck from twitter. That won't help matters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters

120am view from my bedroom window. Large flakes, now eased back again to tiny ones. 

Elevation 100m asl

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Snow, Winter

Edited by RabbitEars
To add elevation

Posted

This was the A6 a few hours ago, Buxton is pretty much 'cut off' at the moment with all major & minor roads reporting as closed or experiencing 'impassible' conditions, many hundreds are also stuck along the higher sections of the M62 despite Highways Advice that it was the preferred route over the Pennines.

Whether the trains will be running tomorrow depends on pre-morning inspection of the lines, as signal icing, snow drifts, electrical failure, even icicles across bridges/tunnels, will all pose a risk.

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Adventure, Leisure Activities, Auto Racing, Race Car, Sport, Offroad, Rally

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Drifting and blizzards continue here at my location and completely cut of.. what a night  

• Like 4