Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
24 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Top 3 . Brilliant NW, Europes new heat dome ! Same here in Skipton, pub beer gardens full. Skipton in North Yorks but really in Northwest England.

C

Perfect beer garden day today, you certainly timed it right to come here.  Hope you don't take it back with you though😁

• Like 5

Posted

Not as good a day today compared to yesterday. Rather cloudy, indeed quite dull right now, with the threat of a shower.

Feeling warm though, current temp 18.8 degrees. Not sure if we broke the 20 degree margin, I suspect just under yet again.

Coming week will bring many more dry sunny days with temps nudging 20 degrees. I've started to water the plants given we've had no appreciable rain nearing on 2 weeks now and nothing forecast for the week ahead. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
4 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Not as good a day today compared to yesterday. Rather cloudy, indeed quite dull right now, with the threat of a shower.

Feeling warm though, current temp 18.8 degrees. Not sure if we broke the 20 degree margin, I suspect just under yet again.

Coming week will bring many more dry sunny days with temps nudging 20 degrees. I've started to water the plants given we've had no appreciable rain nearing on 2 weeks now and nothing forecast for the week ahead. 

Yep the same cloud has invaded here too though quite warm 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Looks like Cheshire Plain todays UK hotspot. Not for the first time. Ideal synoptics for most of the region.

C

• Like 6

Posted

At the risk of being boring, I can only repeat what others have said.  Perfect weekend’s weather, most of last week was really nice and the outlook for the foreseeable looks exactly the same.

Such spells are not common in NW England, although, as @damianslaw has pointed out late spring/ early summer is statistically our best period with SW/W winds at their least frequent.

Make the most of it is my advice!!

• Like 5

Posted

Just cannot get over how fresh and green everything looks over here in the ☀. Just arrived from the Austrian Alps where there was no sign of spring. Just dull and not much sign of things turning green just yet. You know what , this country cannot be beaten when the sun shines, especially when visiting the pub or watching a bIt of cricket ! Great afternoon watching the football. Leeds are going down ! Glad Forest stayed up. The club and fans showed loyality to the manager through the ups and downs of the season.

C

C

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters

Does anyone know what week starting bank holiday is going to be like? It's TT practice week! 

• Like 3

Posted

Everyone has there own ideal weather for just generally enjoying life outside the house but for me this weekend has been perfect. Give me 20c, low humidity and the strong May sunshine (that adds about 15c when sat out in it) over those hot, sultry mid summer days. In this country, 25c and over just saps energy. Fantastic to get out for a walk, a few drinks outside the local pub and the back for a bbq without the need to take any sort of break as its too hot. A good May looks like it could at least continue to the BH weekend 👍.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

The warmest day of the year so far here and felt very warm out this afternoon in the strong sun, a max temperature of 21.7C. It looks as though this theme will continue over the next few days and probably into the bank holiday weekend at least with high pressure remaining firmly in charge.

• Like 4

Posted

Anyone else catch the Axiom2 Crew-Dragon as it was passing overhead a minute or two past 11pm? It was brighter than I was expecting it to be with a more southern inclination compared to the ISS, but still unmissable if anyone was out and looking for it under the clear skies. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Sarah K-L was suggesting this evening that the high pressure is here to stay, so settled dry weather ahead for the rest of the week, but with varying amounts of cloud as the massive area of high pressure shifts around.  

Pleasant but absolutely mind numbingly boring weather from a meteorological perspective.

Had more than my fill of this Azores HP/UK HP based weather. Happens almost every year now and completely nullifies any storm potential.

• Like 4

Posted

I for one will be happy if this Azores high sticks around for two weeks or more as Mrs FLT are off on our cruise tomorrow.... around Britain, and hoping the waterproofs and sea sickness tablets can stay stored away for the duration. If I don't manage to post anything on our journey, I'll be back in a couple of weeks. Best wishes! 

• Like 5

Posted

In Blackpool for a few days,  and it looks lovely, until you step outside and then the strong North West wind is freezing! It just doesn't stop, constantly nagging away. Very easy to get sunburnt in this weather. 

• Like 5

Posted

20.2'c in Buxton this afternoon with a bit of a cool breeze earlier on in the morning but it warmed up nicely when on a jaunt around Chee Dale, a shame that the clouds have quickly taken over and showery rain is due any-time this afternoon.

Could contain: Path, Walkway, Road, Outdoors, Garden, Nature, Gravel, Handrail, Housing, CountrysideCould contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Vegetation, Creek, Stream, Water, Tree, Grassland, Ditch

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

20.2'c in Buxton this afternoon with a bit of a cool breeze earlier on in the morning but it warmed up nicely when on a jaunt around Chee Dale, a shame that the clouds have quickly taken over and showery rain is due any-time this afternoon.

Could contain: Path, Walkway, Road, Outdoors, Garden, Nature, Gravel, Handrail, Housing, CountrysideCould contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Vegetation, Creek, Stream, Water, Tree, Grassland, Ditch

Showery rain? From what? I can see faintest of light blue in the Oldham area.

Here we may be about to record our first 20 degrees of the year, current temp 19.7 degrees. Certainly feels very early summerish. 

• Like 4

Posted

We seem to on the very edge of something developing to our immediate east, both north and south. Clouds building rapidly yet we remain in the sun. Definitely a Pennine driven event. Somewhere looks as though it'll catch a shower in the next hour or 2.

Could contain: Neighborhood, Architecture, Building, House, Housing, Roof, Suburb, Car, Vehicle, Person

• Like 5

Posted

Clouded over here in Macc.  Have that long line of developing cloud out east too.  Blue echoes to my north on the radar, is any of it falling as Rain?

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Building, House, Housing, Roof, Neighborhood, Scenery, Grassland, Countryside

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I'm going to get in trouble having told my wife that it wouldn't rain.

Looks like a line of showers could make things damp.

• Like 6

Posted

My sensor says 21.6 but think it is wrong, though it feels like it. All weather station reports suggest below 20 degrees over Cumbria right now..Anyone else reporting 21 degrees plus.

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Yep, started sunny in Skipton but quite heavy cloud cover now and certainly feels cooler than yesterday. Not one NW location in todays top 20 . Yesterday had top 3 spots. Weather always has away of kicking you in the teeth. At least the wind is light so not feeling too bad. Saw the showers clouds building to the south and heading towards the high peak.

C

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Pleasant enough day though that wind isn’t nice and supposedly windier tomorrow 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of threatening clouds this afternoon but dry so far although with a noticeable breeze and a cooler feel to the day.

No heatwave but it could be a lot worse though.

• Like 4

Posted
WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

It's the latest incident in the same area this spring

• Like 1