Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted

Surprised to have stayed dry so far today. Plenty of showers north half of county, and recently far south as well. There is a batch of heavy showers knocking on our door now, expecting a wet end to the day. 

Bank holiday weekend set mixed and rather cool, indeed nowhere expected higher than 18 degrees which is below average, cool nights as well.

Not a write off, but annoying showers tomorrow, could be anywhere, Sunday sees a band of nuisance patchy rain right in the middle of the day, poor timing. Monday currently looking the best day, but a lot of cloud.

A reasonable weekend, could be a lot better,could be a lot worse. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

First time today that it's felt kinda Autumnal.

Cool, weaker sun when it came out for 5 mins! and nights drawing in now.

Looks like the first snows for eastern Siberia and Chukotka as we start September as well. Sure sign Winter is slowly edging closer now, well maybe not in our direction, rarely is it easy for us in that regard! we'll have to wait until March for our small ration of the white stuff! 😂

gfsnh-16-174.png?12

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

First time today that it's felt kinda Autumnal.

Cool, weaker sun when it came out for 5 mins! and nights drawing in now.

Looks like the first snows for eastern Siberia and Chukotka as we start September as well. Sure sign Winter is slowly edging closer now, well maybe not in our direction, rarely is it easy for us in that regard! we'll have to wait until March for our small ration of the white stuff! 😂

gfsnh-16-174.png?12

I've yet to see a decent winter come off the back of early or extensive snow cover! Completely irrelevant in my view 😁

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
23 minutes ago, Alexis said:

I've yet to see a decent winter come off the back of early or extensive snow cover! Completely irrelevant in my view 😁

Yeah I agree, some on here get blue in the face saying it does matter but I'm pretty sure east of Moscow is snow covered from October until April.....every year! This occasionally spreads further west but often we're too far away imo for it to properly effect us and proper easterlys ala 2018 are rare. Obviously if I lived in Warsaw, Minsk or Tallinn I'd get much more excited about snow building up to the east of there.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It's not been too bad a week here in the Northern Lakes. One or two showers at times, but plenty of dry weather and some decent spells of sunshine at times. A few hefty showers to end the day today though. Managed to get in a few decent fell walks throughout the week.

Setting off back home tomorrow, the week has flown by.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Gathering in the sea between Crosby and Blackpool. Could be an interesting night on the coast.
currently at the Red Lion in Hawkshaw near Bury. 🐟🍟 Don't expect any lightning to get this far inland tonight but could be interesting tomorrow on the ELR around Ramsbottom and Summerseat.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Gathering in the sea between Crosby and Blackpool. Could be an interesting night on the coast.
currently at the Red Lion in Hawkshaw near Bury. 🐟🍟 Don't expect any lightning to get this far inland tonight but could be interesting tomorrow on the ELR around Ramsbottom and Summerseat.

Yep can see some unexpected flashes of lightning out to sea

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looks like a thundery shower is over my house. Weather station reporting torrential rain and a  lightning at 8 km. Looks like around Skelmersdale. If it carries on it may hit me here in Bury.

• Like 2

Posted

My dad reports he had around five very bright intracloud strikes around half an hour ago in Crosby.

• Like 2

Posted

This lot is not really unexpected there is a lot of cape around in the next 36 hours and some very cold air aloft. I was expecting a lively night just forgot to post on here about it.

• Like 2

Posted

Brought radio and just had a close one on it then

Looks like between Garswood and Newton le Willows

• Like 2

Posted

Another thundery shower coming in from the west, nearly in Ormskirk.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wow huge Flash and amazing thunder! I expect High rainfall totals in the NW area, its like someone turning a tap on and off!

• Like 2

Posted

Yet another coming ashore at Crosby

• Like 3