Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, wrightc23 said:

The humidity is horrible, damn it all for have a house with decent insulation. I'm actually looking forward to the start of the next working week!

Me too mate, I work outdoors all day then cab a few nights very demanding job outside walk a lot of miles, postie, this has hit me more than in June 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
6 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Sleep hindered nights worth putting up with if there's a chance of a  thundery finale.  Estofex has a 50% risk tomorrow, Meteoalarm has a chance for the NW tomorrow too.  ESSL looks very dramatic for Sunday, oooh.   See what happens.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Estofex looking good for tomorrow too

image.thumb.png.8e4fd8455ad459e36689eb9ecab71be4.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
7 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Sleep hindered nights worth putting up with if there's a chance of a  thundery finale.  Estofex has a 50% risk tomorrow, Meteoalarm has a chance for the NW tomorrow too.  ESSL looks very dramatic for Sunday, oooh.   See what happens.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Can’t see anything developing here tomorrow with an onshore wind. Convergence looks to be S of our region.

7 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Still very hot and humid though.

Would that have been a Spitfire that I saw passing over Crewe about 30 mins ago? Sounded like a Merlin engine but could be wrong.

No idea as I was inside at work lol

• Like 6

Posted

How are you supposed to sleep, I love the heat but it's currently 26 degrees inside the house! 

Supposed to be out tomorrow to enjoy the last of the sun but sounds like it could be thunderstorms and hail.

• Like 7

Posted

I'm going to go against the general view here and try and find a positive in what we have. I'm sat outside in the 2nd week in September at nearly midnight, it is still 21c with not a breath of wind and it is fantastic. We have plenty to moan about the rest of the year so I'm going to try and enjoy it while we've got it. 

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, PennineMark said:

I'm going to go against the general view here and try and find a positive in what we have. I'm sat outside in the 2nd week in September at nearly midnight, it is still 21c with not a breath of wind and it is fantastic. We have plenty to moan about the rest of the year so I'm going to try and enjoy it while we've got it. 

I’m loving it and using our patio area we created in May as much as possible… bbq Sunday roast 👌🤞 popping to Manchester castlefield bowl again tomorrow for 3pm… was really well organised venue, great little food outlets and right next to tram stop… brilliant evening in the hot sunshine ☀️ couple of drinks sat by canal outside via fosa too ( my favourite venue in gay village) 

Uber back home from Piccadilly (cheaper than tram and Uber from Ashton 👌) Still 21c back home and 24c inside… fan on 👌🧊 

Edit light drizzly rain now at home… dusty again tomorrow?? 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 8

Posted
17 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Too right, been absolutely stunning day time weather, been enjoying it myself when not working.  Its the warm humid nights and sleep deprivation I struggle with.

• Like 9

Posted

Just got back from a night up town,really weird  hot yellow mist descending,like some thing out of a zombie movie must be at least 21c 

Edited by gregior
  • Like 7

Posted

18.3C here. Very sticky. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cloudy start here with mist covering the tops.

quick coffee then out for a swift couple hours walk before the sun breaks through.

then today will be a case of getting our last minute holiday shopping done before enjoying a few hours sat out in the sun and probably having this years last BBQ.

• Like 7

Posted
7 hours ago, PennineMark said:

It is wonderful to be able to be in shorts and t-shirt at midnight in this country and not feel cold- how often does it happen?

There was a great atmosphere in Manchester city centre yesterday evening with a real buzz and lots of people walking around and eating outside.

And it's the 2nd week of September! It's not going to last forever so might as well make the most of it.

• Like 8

Posted

18'c with 93% humidity overnight making for a uncomfortable night's sleep once again, I suppose had we not had the past few months of rain, cold, clag, we'd have naturally adapted to these kind of temperatures and it'd be less strain on sleep. But on the positive side at least it means any extra heating costs have been delayed by a week and we finally had that last 'hurrah' of summer many were longing for before Autumn properly sets in. If the heat can go out with a 'thundery bang' then it'll at least make-up for what was one of the worst summers in quite a few years for the UK.

• Like 6

Posted

Minimum overnight temperature was 18.3C, making it the warmest night of the year.

Each to their own of course, but the cooler nights can't come soon enough for me. The one silver lining is that this setup didn't occur in the height of summer as the nights would have been even worse.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Wind direction is dodgy for us this afternoon, (sea breeze). Will probably have to wait for tomorrow. I do think things will happen tomorrow but would've been nice for it to be a multiple day event rather than a single day event. The far south of the region may still see something today although the way it's going maybe nobody in the country will see anything until tomorrow.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
11 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Manchester METAR

Temporary
from 09 at 14 UTC to 09 at 18 UTC

Visibility: 3000 m

Broken clouds at a height of 4000 ft, Cumulonimbus.

heavy rain showers, thunderstorm, (heavy) hail

They have now extended this to 2100 UTC. nothing on Liverpool

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

They have now extended this to 2100 UTC. nothing on Liverpool

Ties in with the metoffice warning area that was issued yesterday. Covered Manchester, but not Liverpool. 

• Like 5

Posted

Just been for a walk down to the shop. Hazy sun and signs of instability above. It's incredibly oppressive out, sweating bucket loads after a short walk.

• Like 6

Posted

Cloud and fog quickly burnt off and now it's 23.1°C already which is the warmest it's been at this time all week.

• Like 6