Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
17 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Just made a Caribbean/Sri Lankan style coconut pork curry for my family here… brought a chilli sauce with us we bought in New Orleans in March this year… my brother loves chilli and the hottest food… that was one hell of a builder… only used equivalent of 5 drops 💦 💧 💧 

you need to sign a waiver in the USA to taste & buy it 😂🤣😂🤣

plus my brother dogs have survived another year without licking a poison dart frog 🐸 🤩 Brian & Karen 🤣😂 God Karen’s a maniac 😂🤣

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Another fab update Will. I love myself some hot sauce. Having to sign a waiver tho wow haha how American. Must be ridiculously hot. 

Once again your cooking. Enjoy the trip 🙂

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
17 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Just made a Caribbean/Sri Lankan style coconut pork curry for my family here… brought a chilli sauce with us we bought in New Orleans in March this year… my brother loves chilli and the hottest food… that was one hell of a builder… only used equivalent of 5 drops 💦 💧 💧 

you need to sign a waiver in the USA to taste & buy it 😂🤣😂🤣

plus my brother dogs have survived another year without licking a poison dart frog 🐸 🤩 Brian & Karen 🤣😂 God Karen’s a maniac 😂🤣

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

That is a well travelled sauce, it's gone from north America then to Europe and then to central America. It needs it's own passport 😂

• Like 7

Posted

Best day of October so far, rejoice the clean polar air, clear skies and sunshine. Far better than the wet dull mild dross we've had so far. Get tomorrow out of the way and there is much more to come.

• Like 8

Posted

This incoming low pressure reminds me of the various slider gate scenarios in winter which bring snow in before it pivots in Cheshire heh. Now this one is rain so naturally will progress a lot further North. Traveling up to the Lakes tomorrow to visit friends - in an interesting twist we'll be *leaving* a rain warning by heading up there. Saturday looks onwards looks very pleasant much like today - the first crisp air of the season.

• Like 6

Posted

I can hear the rain without having to look out the window for confirmation.  Radar currently for our region looks hideous, will be a wet walk to work in half an hour, but I have the luxury of working indoors.  13.4°C currently (6am).  Just had a weather flash on my phone,  warning again for disruption due to windy wet conditions.

Could contain:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
11 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

I can hear the rain without having to look out the window for confirmation.  Radar currently for our region looks hideous, will be a wet walk to work in half an hour, but I have the luxury of working indoors.  13.4°C currently (6am).  Just had a weather flash on my phone,  warning again for disruption due to windy wet conditions.

Could contain:

Aye same up here, I haven’t opened the curtains yet but can hear the rain on the conservatory roof.

doesn’t sound to heavy at the moment but it’s wet all the same..

hopefully the clearance will come through quickly and then we can look forward to a decent weekend.

• Like 6

Posted

Another wet start today with 15mm so far. These wet early mornings seem quite frequent recently. Thankfully the all important northern edge to this band is a good 50 or 60 miles further south than forecast yesterday evening by the Met. With a bit of luck it'll clear through far quicker and take this damp, grey muckfest with it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Complete contrast to yesterday morning. Absolutely throwing it down here, nearly an inch of rain so far today already, 22.2mm so far and plenty more to come.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

Opposite to yesterday here today

10ºC and peeing it down, has been since the early hours

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 hours ago, Mark88 said:

This incoming low pressure reminds me of the various slider gate scenarios in winter which bring snow in before it pivots in Cheshire heh. Now this one is rain so naturally will progress a lot further North. Traveling up to the Lakes tomorrow to visit friends - in an interesting twist we'll be *leaving* a rain warning by heading up there. Saturday looks onwards looks very pleasant much like today - the first crisp air of the season.

tomorrow looks very wet here, NW flow, constant shower train from the Cheshire Gap, can be wettest setup for Staffs

• Like 4

Posted

Northern edge of the rain band, just a pulse of lighr rain first thing, and it is brightening up. A better day than forecast so far.

Looking forward to the first chilly crisp dry sunny weekend of the Autumn. Air frost probable early hours Sunday. Chance of snow flurries on highest ground in any showers. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Been relentless here, and doesn't show any sign of stopping. The Cheshire gap in full flow today, and tomorrow.

• Like 6

Posted

Very wet morning and early afternoon, got a little scare with the latest radar thought there was another pulsating band of rain edging further north than forecast but thankfully it looks to be heading on a more southerly track.  Should be a slow clearance now; heralding fresher cooler weather over weekend with more chance of seeing the golden globe in the sky.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dismal conditions, certainly until early afternoon but a big improvement since and the last hour has been pretty much sunshine throughout.

time to get the washing into the drying room, AKA the conservatory.

Edited by iand61
  • Like 6

Posted

A pretty miserable day until early afternoon with moderate to heavy rain, 27.8mm racked up. 

Looking better over the weekend, risk of showers rather than rain and some sunshine on the cards. We may well get our first frost of the season as well.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all.  A wet and very soggy start to the weekend, it's tipping it down here, East Cheshire.  Certainly will not be scraping my car this morning.  Was going to use the word cool, but it's chilly, yes a chilly 6.8°C (6.15am).  Heating is on, kettle is on for a second coffee.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

7ºC here this morning

Been raining all night; holding off currently. Gorgeous skies

morningsky.thumb.jpeg.4adeec264f38eec14d85fdd62444b74c.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Looks like a typical NW/Cheshire Gap set up at the moment with the showers crossing Lancashire just to the west of here.

annoying when snow is on offer but at this time of year it often makes us one of the driest parts of the region.

it looks damp on the ground so we’ve had some rain but it’s sunny at the moment.

• Like 6

Posted
28 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Looks like a typical NW/Cheshire Gap set up at the moment with the showers crossing Lancashire just to the west of here.

annoying when snow is on offer but at this time of year it often makes us one of the driest parts of the region.

it looks damp on the ground so we’ve had some rain but it’s sunny at the moment.

Yes, Cheshire Gap working well this morning. Some hefty showers at times. Sunshine in between though. A good setup for here if it were in the middle of winter.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Cold and crisp with some hefty clouds about rough as a farmers ass after a heavy session last night 🤢

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

First day I’ve felt human for about 5 days since catching the dreaded norovirus no fun at all but over the worst of it now hopefully 🤢 😞 

What with the very warm weather recently it’s felt quite a sudden descent into Autumn had a few heavy showers early this morning but bright & crisp currently 🍂 ☀️  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Heavy showers now going to coniston for a swim should clear the head 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Good afternoon guys & gals,

Anyone after an early snow fix?

Feast your eyes on this live feed, Finse Station, Norway.

Enjoy 🥶

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/norway/hordaland/finse-station.html

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Feels cold out in the wind that’s just picked up a little and now raining 

• Like 6