Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
8 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

It’s going to be an interesting journey to the airport tonight at 23h to pick up my sister.. I think I will keep parked the Merc and go with my gf Honda 🤣

Definitely could be interesting… love a good now cast when it comes to snow… could reap the rewards if we’re lucky 🍀 🤞🤞❄️❄️🤞🤞❄️❄️🤞🤞 🍀 

wow looking at ECM run… tonight & Sunday into Monday wow 🤩 🤞🤞❄️❄️🤞🤞

my mobile forecast (I know it’s rubbish) even has snow now too 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Rob 79812010 said:

Hope the snow shadow behaves for where I am. Stillnhetting my head round that one. Does that affect you guys at all??

Massively, very frustrating.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Definitely could be interesting… love a good now cast when it comes to snow… could reap the rewards if we’re lucky 🍀 🤞🤞❄️❄️🤞🤞❄️❄️🤞🤞 🍀 

wow looking at ECM run… tonight & Sunday into Monday wow 🤩 🤞🤞❄️❄️🤞🤞

Just hope the Met and Beeb see it😂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

NW England is a different beast but encouraged by the heavy snowfall over Scotland where snowfall seems to be much more than expected/ MO forecast with Glasgow Airport closed. Bodes well for our own chances tonight maybe 🤔👀❄️🤞 

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 8

Posted
14 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

It likely will be a very snowy Saturday, though the 5-10cm from the main streamer looks quite localized it could occur anywhere in South Cumbria / into Lancaster area, most likely on the coast going into Kendal.

Thanks, hoping hits here! Watch the met office put out a warning in 11th hour, but far too late to give people advance warning.

Im concerned about people chancing a trip to the high fells today, tye mountain weather forecast says just a few showers in south and west, nothing in north and east.. how wrong!!!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
11 minutes ago, seasider said:

Snowing in Blackpool, light dusting at the mo...

lol. 

• Like 4

Posted

What apps do people use? I have met, beeb and iPhone app but all are useless.

The beeb currently showing more than anything else as regards snowfall which is unusual.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I have to say, I do have some sympathy for the metoffice who are providing the formal public service. If they put out an early warning and nothing happens, they get slated, they don't put out an early warning and something happens, they also get slated even if they issue a flash warning. They can't win really. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, severe snowstorm said:

I have to say, I do have some sympathy for the metoffice who are providing the formal public service. If they put out an early warning and nothing happens, they get slated, they don't put out an early warning and something happens, they also get slated even if they issue a flash warning. They can't win really. 

We are at the point now where the high resolution output is very rarely massively wrong, so there is some concrete confidence now.

• Like 9

Posted
4 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

They seem to put out yellow warnings galore for a bit of rain but causes no issues, but any chance of snow and ice deserves preliminary warnings as it comes with far more hazards. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
Just now, damianslaw said:

They seem to put out yellow warnings galore for a bit of rain but causes no issues, but any chance if snow and ice deserves preliminary warnings as it comes with far more hazards. 

I don't disagree regarding snow/ice warnings, better to issue them than not, especially given they are accompanied by a matrix highlighting likelihood and impact allowing the public to make a judgment on the risk. 

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

We are at the point now where the high resolution output is very rarely massively wrong, so there is some concrete confidence now.

Agreed, they will almost certainly issue a warning late morning.

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, severe snowstorm said:

The frustration from Weather enthusiasts being that we are 100% focused on our area all of the time and they are not.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
22 minutes ago, Ramp said:

The beeb currently showing more than anything else as regards snowfall which is unusual.

IMG_7725.thumb.jpeg.c96deea944efa55f8c408fcdf681d6fa.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, Ramp said:

The frustration from Weather enthusiasts being that we are 100% focused on our area all of the time and they are not.

Yeah, of course. It's the same with thunderstorms in summer, somewhere down the road gets clobbered whilst others wonder what all the fuss was about.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
27 minutes ago, Ramp said:

Just looked at the BBC one and it is showing snow on and off throughout the evening and into the early hours of Sunday which would give at least a festive covering for many.

the last forecast I saw was also updated and did at least focus on a bit of snow crossing northern England this evening rather than going straight into Sunday.

the Met app for my location has updated, by removing the solitary flake it was showing at tea time so it’s a case of now casting.

• Like 8

Posted

You can't beat a bit of snow potential first thing on a Saturday in December. Maybe the apps are beginning to smell the faintest whiff of the morning coffee as we have snow now showing on both the Met and BBC. Good luck everyone. 

Screenshot_20231202_091545_Met Office.jpg

Screenshot_20231202_091526_BBC Weather.jpg

• Like 6