Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Electric Car - saving the climate or just polluting in other ways?

Sky Full

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.
8 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

There’s a lot saying the Range Rover is driving past the inferno which is behind a wall to left of image note the lights are on 

Having had another look at both the video and pictures from the mail online article, firstly the fire at the front of the land/range rover looks odd to be caused by that vehicle and looking at the video again the collapse looks explosive rather than progressive you would expect with an ICE fire. This looks like an EV battery explosion that caused the collapse and the sheer intensity of the fire would point that way to.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
6 minutes ago, WYorksWeather said:

Does anyone want to claim that the chief of Bedfordshire fire service doesn't know what he's on about?

It looks likely though I’ll wait for the results of the investigation 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

There’s a lot saying the Range Rover is driving past the inferno which is behind a wall to left of image note the lights are on 

It does appear to be on the driving lane and not parked, I think. Having looked again, it's definitely facing the wrong way to be parked up.

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

It does appear to be on the driving lane and not parked, I think. Having looked again, it's definitely facing the wrong way to be parked up.

Twitter thing above says only just arrived, may be it wasn't parked yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

I can’t see any way diesel could be responsible for the rather powerful explosion seen in the cctv footage. Diesel is only explosive under immense heat and pressure. 
I wonder if it’s possible that the fire was burning low for a time behind the scenes before igniting whatever caused that explosion? 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mixer 85 said:

I can’t see any way diesel could be responsible for the rather powerful explosion seen in the cctv footage. Diesel is only explosive under immense heat and pressure. 
I wonder if it’s possible that the fire was burning low for a time behind the scenes before igniting whatever caused that explosion? 

Did the explosion happen straight away, have a feeling the fire may have been burning for a while first, known about, then the explosion happened which probably was battery related. Anyway I think let the investigation happen.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...