Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
46 minutes ago, Maz said:

Lucky you!!!

It lasted all of about 20 mins lol hence why I went to sit outside with my tea when I appeared 

Posted

Cleared up in the last hour and a half and we finally have an average late Spring day at 15C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Although it's cloudy, it also warm, much better, now warm with sun would be even better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
31 minutes ago, JR319 said:

Has the amount of cloud been underestimated for inland areas? It was supposed to be sunny spells by now for here but it’s been thick cloud all day. Only mere minutes of the sun making an appearance

Most definitely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Wish this line of cloud would just get lost!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Animal, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Hurricane

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

April is probably going to end up at least 2C below average here, with twice the average rainfall and about three-quarters the expected amount of sunshine.

There's no 20C in the forecast out to at least 7th May (average high here at this time of year is 20-21C). I'm not that bothered by below-average temperatures in April but it's starting to grate now heading into May. It's all the more frustrating given how winter keeps on failing to deliver.

• Like 2

After the questionable start the last 3-4hrs has been the best weather of the year so far!

Obvs not official but it’s the first time the cars registered 20C this year!

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Gauge, Text

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Uh oh, the last time BBC started showing lots of sun symbols for the weeks ahead, I got my hopes up and then it got downgraded to all rain symbols just a mere 3 days later. I'm bracing myself for disappointment again lol.

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

By far the best day of the year today.

After over 2 months, I have finally beaten the previous warmest day of the year, from 17th of February (maximum of 15.7C) to make today the warmest day of the year here so far, max of 17.0°C. Took a while!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Sunlight, Flare, Light, Moon

Could contain: Text, Chart, Plot

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Feels like summer here now, at least it does in comparison to what we’ve been served up lately. Warm and sunny, just a shame it took until mid afternoon for the sun to properly come out. 

• Like 1

Posted

Zero % sun in London and feeling a few rain drops on my head en route to the pub. 

Why is the SE jut unable to remain at least partially clear skied for more than 30mins? Genuinely frustrating. 

Its a little more mild than it has been for much of April, just is more comfortable I guess, but the sheer lack of sun continues and looks like the long weekend is more or less just a repeat of today but a tad warmer. 

12 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Uh oh, the last time BBC started showing lots of sun symbols for the weeks ahead, I got my hopes up and then it got downgraded to all rain symbols just a mere 3 days later. I'm bracing myself for disappointment again lol.

Yeah I don't hold out for anything now tbh, seeing as multiple times this month they've forecast sunny weather the evening of for the following day, then it doesn't materialise.

Even this morning my forecast had the clouds clearing up completely by this afternoon but they've fully thickened back up with zero blue visible....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Low cloud all day here and drizzle temperature hasn't got above 10c all day long, this morning my app said tomorrow would reach 17c and sunny, its now saying it will reach 11 and it will be cloudy all day again looks far from warm here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It's been the best afternoon of the year so far in my neck of the woods. Got up to 16 Celsius and the sun came out.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Spoke a bit too soon earlier. Really clouded over and I had to put the light on at 5:30. Sigh. Is it too much to ask to have a completely dry day, with at least some sunshine and decent temperatures, without it falling into gloom three hours before sunset? I guess it is.

Tomorrow's forecast now has a good deal more in the way of heavy showers in it than it did 12 hours ago, too. At least it won't be freezing cold any more, though. Small mercies...

Edit: Oh yeah... made it to 16.1 °C today. That makes two (count 'em!) days this year I've hit 16, with two days of April to go. As I said earlier, I don't give a damn about daily means held up by mild nights. Daytime maxes have been complete rubbish.

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Almost reached 19°C here in the end. Warmest day of the year so far by a considerable margin. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The first, very preliminary Met. Office suggestion for the King's coronation... Not that I'll be watching it: 🤐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

The first, very preliminary Met. Office suggestion for the King's coronation... Not that I'll be watching it: 🤐

me neither, cannot 'unsee' the first 6 letters! a virus and a beer/lager

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A nice (if cool) start here led to a largely  sunny and pleasant morning, but it soon clouded over and there was a spell of rain in the afternoon. Feeling chilly at 11°C now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Managed to reach a balmy 19.6°C in Pershore's official Metoffice station this afternoon, perhaps an England 20°C is around the corner. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
28 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Managed to reach a balmy 19.6°C in Pershore's official Metoffice station this afternoon, perhaps an England 20°C is around the corner. 

Blimey, they must have had a lot more sun than we did not far up the road! 3.5 °C cooler here.

As for the Coronation, I definitely will be watching it - doesn't matter what I think of the institution, it's still a big public event and I've always found those interesting in themselves. Will also be interesting to see what happens if it absolutely chucks it down as it did for the Queen in 1953!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

9pm and can finally see a red skyline in the distance meaning the sky is clearing finally here! Let's hope it stays that way into tomorrow this low cloud is doing my head in constantly rolling in off the North sea

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Blimey, they must have had a lot more sun than we did not far up the road! 3.5 °C cooler here.

As for the Coronation, I definitely will be watching it - doesn't matter what I think of the institution, it's still a big public event and I've always found those interesting in themselves. Will also be interesting to see what happens if it absolutely chucks it down as it did for the Queen in 1953!

It depends if it's on at the tournament for me, signed up and paid before the date of this was known, no intention of pulling out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

There it is lol. Yesterday these 4 days all had the sun symbols and now almost all of them have the rain symbol! Didn't even take 24 hours this time. Spring 2023 in a nutshell. 

• Like 1