Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted

Very good sunshine now here, cleared about 90 minutes earlier than yesterday. Should be a pleasant day now, with some showers a risk down the line.

Most places should be seeing sunshine within the hour.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

There is no excuse to have a nowcast saying it's sunny when you can just look out the window and see it's cloudy. 

Who actually cares? Once the time has arrived the forecast is irrelevant 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Sun is breaking through now. Should be a nice rest of the day. Until the front arrives…..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Was thinking about the positives of this spring so far, given how bad its been and came up with.... 1.  Many places had a good snow event around 8th to 10th March, 2.  Quite a few places haven't done too bad for thunder and 3.  The nicer days have tended to fall at weekends (not necessarily the bank holidays but think first 2 days of easter, 29th April and this weekend)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Cloud is starting to break, but it will be back a bit later. The wait for a truly sunny day (>9-10 hours) will go on.

Posted
1 minute ago, B87 said:

Cloud is starting to break, but it will be back a bit later. The wait for a truly sunny day (>9-10 hours) will go on.

Honestly mate, just go out and enjoy it. Forget about the monthly sunshine stats and go and feel some sunshine on your skin. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Was thinking about the positives of this spring so far, given how bad its been and came up with.... 1.  Many places had a good snow event around 8th to 10th March, 2.  Quite a few places haven't done too bad for thunder and 3.  The nicer days have tended to fall at weekends (not necessarily the bank holidays but think first 2 days of easter, 29th April and this weekend)

I can't think of any positives. Snow and cold in spring is a negative for me.

April managed to record over 100 hours of sun, I guess that is a positive? Really not much at all that I can think of.

1 minute ago, danm said:

Honestly mate, just go out and enjoy it. Forget about the monthly sunshine stats and go and feel some sunshine on your skin. 

Oh I will, but having sunny days should be expected in May, it's the bare minimum and we can't even get that this year. The one sunny day we've had this month was a chilly one as well.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, danm said:

Agreed, we can get caught up with stats and ignore the good weather we've bemoaning about happening right in front of us.

The morning has been more than decent now the cloud has broken up, and I bet we see fairly widespread 19-21. Yes that is only modestly above normal but in May with decent sunshine it will feel more than good enough away from the coasts.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
1 minute ago, B87 said:

I can't think of any positives. Snow and cold in spring is a negative for me.

April managed to record over 100 hours of sun, I guess that is a positive? Really not much at all that I can think of.

As an all round weather enthusiast I'd take a decent snow event in the first half of March.  Admittedly after that though I'd want warmth and sunshine.  Less chance of any snow sticking after this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
10 minutes ago, danm said:

Sun is breaking through now. Should be a nice rest of the day. Until the front arrives…..

Still thick cloud in Essex. Very strange how localised this all is. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Genuinely feel like someone is pumping a cloud machine over my neck of the woods.

Why does everyone else have blue skies apparently but I'm stuck under this!?

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Silhouette, Cloud, Cumulus

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

I've had 0 hours of sunshine since Thursday evening now just thick low cloud for the last 3 days even starting to drizzle again now, don't think im going to get any sunshine today, now all the forecasts have changed from 20c and sunny to 12c and cloudy now but we shall see 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Still thick cloud in Essex. Very strange how localised this all is. 

All the cloud is moving away to the east. So the further east you are, the longer you’ll have to wait. 

Posted

Temps now rocketing up to 12c as the cloud breaks.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, B87 said:

Temps now rocketing up to 12c as the cloud breaks.

The dizzying heights of 12c. Good grief it might get to 15c soon! 🥵

• Thanks 1

Posted

I suspect London will see 21c today, we are actually running a little ahead of schedule vs most models, the closest in terms of cloud cover is Icon and that gets to 20-21c in London today.

Not to be praising it too highly, but at least this a legitimate May day weather wise versus most of the last 30 days offerings.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Thomas Green said:

I've had 0 hours of sunshine since Thursday evening now just thick low cloud for the last 3 days even starting to drizzle again now, don't think im going to get any sunshine today, now all the forecasts have changed from 20c and sunny to 12c and cloudy now but we shall see 

The weather in far SE has been truly dreadful. It's Faroe Islands in October conditions. Similar here in Essex as we are all caught under the same N.Sea dross, just a tad milder than over your way. 

Just dreadful all round.

• Like 1

Paultons Parks looking lovely today. Not a coat (or too much cloud) in sight! 

Could contain: Grass, Park, Person, Backpack, Child, Female, Girl, Fun, Amusement Park, Theme Park

Just now, Mapantz said:

17.8°C and sunny here.

Temps much higher than yesterday am, could end up with a bit of sea breeze today. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Not to be praising it too highly, but at least this a legitimate May day weather wise versus most of the last 30 days offerings

It's very telling that we are all sitting with bated-breaths for a day that is effectively just smack-bang average 5/10 for this time of year. 

Bar is so low this spring that a regular May day is something to jump for joy about lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful and warm out there now.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Plant, Tree, Grass, Weather, Scenery, Vegetation

• Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I suspect London will see 21c today, we are actually running a little ahead of schedule vs most models, the closest in terms of cloud cover is Icon and that gets to 20-21c in London today.

I bet we will get some showers later, just well placed enough for the temperature to max out at 19.9c. It would be so typical of the last 10 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

It's very telling that we are all sitting with bated-breaths for a day that is effectively just smack-bang average 5/10 for this time of year. 

Bar is so low this spring that a regular May day is something to jump for joy about lol.

I think a 5/10 maybe a little on the harsh side, I think given its quite likely we will see 19-21c across the region (2-4c above normal even in the warmest climate spots)  and pretty decent sunshine levels I think a 6, maybe 7 seems fairer, imo.