Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
25 minutes ago, Kitty Bonkers said:

Thanks SollyOlly, I enjoy sunshine whatever the season but I’ll never understand the heat-mania.

I'm exactly the same! I do get cross when heat-maniacs try to conflate that with sunshine...one can enjoy sunshine and temperate temperatures too, after all...! And that's what a 'normal' English summer used to be, after all. Anyway, I find it very therapeutic indeed on here, so I hope that you will too ☺️

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

I'm exactly the same! I do get cross when heat-maniacs try to conflate that with sunshine...one can enjoy sunshine and temperate temperatures too, after all...! And that's what a 'normal' English summer used to be, after all. Anyway, I find it very therapeutic indeed on here, so I hope that you will too ☺️

Agreed, I find that 18-22C and sunny is the best weather in summer.. don't understand why you'd want stifling high 20s/low 30s and high humidity. I feel lethargic when it comes to those temps, whereas during cold winter days 0-5C, I'm full of energy. Warm nights are possibly the worst thing when it comes to heatwaves, simply can't deal with them. A cool 11C summers night is bliss. Comfort is very important in summer, just as much in winter where it's arguably easier to warm up. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and clear. Thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

You’re absolutely right, I remember those moderate summers of my childhood. We could enjoy trips, or go exploring without fear of getting overheated. My favourite weather, though, has to be clear, crisp, frosty and cold.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Personally hoping these heatwave charts keep getting watered down like they were in early July when some models sniffed around at the chance of hot weather. Apart from some truly grim days, July was a breath of fresh air in how cool it was without pesky heat bursts. It would be a shame to avoid intense heat only for it to arrive at the end of summer. I’m already in autumn mode and waiting for those northerly winds to bring the first crisp mornings and even the first frost. You can enjoy sunny weather and not want heatwave conditions! I’m alright up to 30-32C but anything more and you’ve lost me.   

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.

Wasn't today supposed to be fresher?  It still feels way too warm at the moment and I'm tired of it.

• Like 3

Posted

First day hiding here for a while, 25.5c on the Yorkshire Coast this afternoon,  managed to do a couple of jobs sweating heavily. Now in the coolest part of the house feeling sorry for myself. Felt like someone had opened the doors to Hell at about 2pm.

The only good thing, forecast to cool down overnight and be cooler tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, mike57 said:

First day hiding here for a while, 25.5c on the Yorkshire Coast this afternoon,  managed to do a couple of jobs sweating heavily. Now in the coolest part of the house feeling sorry for myself. Felt like someone had opened the doors to Hell at about 2pm.

The only good thing, forecast to cool down overnight and be cooler tomorrow.

Hang in there Mike, we're almost through to a more reasonable (I won't say 'cool') spell...and then we need to see whether it's into the furnace or not in the next 7-10 days. For all of our sakes, I hope not...! 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, S Bragg said:

Wasn't today supposed to be fresher?  It still feels way too warm at the moment and I'm tired of it.

Unfortunately... the heatwave has fully grasped our atmosphere... I wouldn't be surprised if this starts to become a mini heatwave that lasts a week or two... 😢

Posted
25 minutes ago, S Bragg said:

What do mean, "enjoy"?  I don't like warm weather.  If I presented you with a sh*t sandwich and told you to "just enjoy it" how would you react?

Completely agree with you! It's amazing the amount of sh**posting that we're having to put up with right now, I guess it must be the frustration of the heat-lovers who are peeved because they haven't had endless days of +30c. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal, but not too hot in summer.
3 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

Completely agree with you! It's amazing the amount of sh**posting that we're having to put up with right now, I guess it must be the frustration of the heat-lovers who are peeved because they haven't had endless days of +30c. 

And the thing is I know there's a Poor Summer Haters' thread on the forum, and I haven't even visited it once.  I'm not going to go and tell them they're wrong for hating cooler weather in summer, I'm not going to try and demonstrate to them the virtues of drizzle or the benefits of rain in summer so why can't heat lovers show us the same courtesy?  It's baffling.

• Like 2

Posted

Even our cat is in her 'too hot' pose

20230811_172848.thumb.jpg.30951da01e2ce2f14bdde372d34c0647.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

some members feel are underestimating what's coming, late 30's maybe a 40 if it lasts long enough, under right setup, we had 38 degrees in 2003 at this time of year, now with things warmer, could easily happen again

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just a reminder folks, the banner at the top of every page in here makes it clear:

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

So if you feel that someone has made a post in here that is unsympathetic or critical of those who don't like heat, please use the report button (click on the 3 dots, top right of the post to find this) and the team will take a look and take action as appropriate. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Just a reminder folks, the banner at the top of every page in here makes it clear:

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

So if you feel that someone has made a post in here that is unsympathetic or critical of those who don't like heat, please use the report button (click on the 3 dots, top right of the post to find this) and the team will take a look and take action as appropriate. Thank you.

Hi BW, could a simlar post be posted in the 'poor summer haters' thread as well, there are one or two coldies on the wind up in there aswell, thanks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
26 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

some members feel are underestimating what's coming, late 30's maybe a 40 if it lasts long enough, under right setup, we had 38 degrees in 2003 at this time of year, now with things warmer, could easily happen again

You may well be right. It was only a few years back when we had 94F in mid-September. 🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

You may well be right. It was only a few years back when we had 94F in mid-September. 🤔

horrid chart in model thread, shows 25 degrees at 6am on 19th

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking like 30 degrees plus moving in by the weekend and with very warm to hot weather in the proceeding days wouldn't be surprised too see 34C to 35C registered in the south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

What is it gonna be like on the 18th? Got a Leeds match to cover and I don't want to neglect my wellbeing again!! It's so easy to do when running around like a fly fixing things..... I'm off work for a break after and i'll just flop in my one room with a/c...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and clear. Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Looking like 30 degrees plus moving in by the weekend and with very warm to hot weather in the proceeding days wouldn't be surprised too see 34C to 35C registered in the south east.

Yes, I saw Becky Mantin, ITV News, reporting on it about a quarter of an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Ah the joy of the UK's modern weather, from a full on rainy season to a blow torch with minimal happy medium in between. Is it really asking too much to get average conditions these days?

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, mike57 said:

Even our cat is in her 'too hot' pose

20230811_172848.thumb.jpg.30951da01e2ce2f14bdde372d34c0647.jpg

Aw, wonderful cat! Ours is very much in the 'rain haters' club...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

ECM showing  a meltdown yesterday has reversed it's decision showing probably pleasant temperatures.  So ECM the odd one out tonight.

Posted

In which case the ECM is my friend...wasn't it GFS last year that picked up on the 40c terror first, and held the line throughout? ECM verification stats are pretty good though, aren't they? Yes, I'm beginning to clutch at straws...! 🙃