Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Completely agree, sundog! There's already a marked contrast to how hot and uncomfortable I'd be feeling if this was July compared to now. Good points made by others about what that would have been like...and it reinforces how fortunate we were to have the type of July and August that we did. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It certainly made my day job alot easier. It's the complete reverse of what I prefer for work in winter. Granted in Winter I can cope well in freezing or damp conditions over heat as it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down.

Posted

Cooled down nicely last night, a min of 10C. Was forecast to be 14.. Wouldn't mind this warm spell at all if nights are cool but Wednesday onwards looks stifling. Not fun. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
14 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Cooled down nicely last night, a min of 10C. Was forecast to be 14.. Wouldn't mind this warm spell at all if nights are cool but Wednesday onwards looks stifling. Not fun. 

You never know they maybe cooler than shown last night certainly was which was nice.

Posted
2 hours ago, Schnee said:

It'll be quite nice today and tomorrow as the humidity is at sensible levels. From Weds, it'll be notably different as the humidity is in the 70's and higher.

Exactly. This is what I dont like. Humidity can't be escaped unless you have the tech, which I do not. 

Equally, having just run out to the shop, that sun is bloody warm even for this time of year. Already 25c here, with a feels like of 29c. People to the north, lucky you! 

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Exactly. This is what I dont like. Humidity can't be escaped unless you have the tech, which I do not. 

Equally, having just run out to the shop, that sun is bloody warm even for this time of year. Already 25c here, with a feels like of 29c. People to the north, lucky you! 

You have my sympathies, I lived in London and the south coast for twenty years until the early 2000's. I found the humidity accompanying hot spells unbearable back then, I dread to think what's it like now? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, wrightc23 said:

You have my sympathies, I lived in London and the south coast for twenty years until the early 2000's. I found the humidity accompanying hot spells unbearable back then, I dread to think what's it like now? 

With all the house building going on in future years, and loss of green spaces, many areas will end up like London. I'm lucky to be born when I was and certainly don't relish the future.

Posted
4 hours ago, Frigid said:

Yeah that will be the acid test. My migraines are already back on cue so not looking forward to even worse.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The lack of wind has brought the humid feeling up.

• Like 2

Posted

The bloke down the shop was sweating away today and saying "too hot...!". A few weeks ago, he was moaning on about "where the bloomin' summer, I reckon this global warming is a hoax...!" I kid you not.

🥴

My Greek friend is enjoying this weather, saying that it's like an early Spring day in her country...I'm not sure whether or not she's joking!?

It's hotting up now, just as predicted. I know it's only Monday today, but I might have to crack open a cold lager this evening...!

Posted
3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Met Office says England is likely to experience hotter weather than Ibiza and Ayia Napa this week

Just as I predicted. The ever cautious metoffice finally off the fence. What a joke

9 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

The bloke down the shop was sweating away today and saying "too hot...!". A few weeks ago, he was moaning on about "where the bloomin' summer, I reckon this global warming is a hoax...!" I kid you not.

🥴

My Greek friend is enjoying this weather, saying that it's like an early Spring day in her country...I'm not sure whether or not she's joking!?

It's hotting up now, just as predicted. I know it's only Monday today, but I might have to crack open a cold lager this evening...!

Hypocrites like that are the worse. Moan when it's raining yet moan when it's hot. Pick a side 🤣

• Like 2

Posted

Very close to breaking our record 28.8C. Got to 28.5C a chance it still could match it. So 28.5C with 14C uppers you can see why I said mid 30's with +20 uppers. Tomorrow supposed to be slightly cooler by a couple of degrees so all eyes on Wednesday will the record go?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
22 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:
3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Met Office says England is likely to experience hotter weather than Ibiza and Ayia Napa this week

Just as I predicted. The ever cautious metoffice finally off the fence. What a joke

Hypocrites like that are the worse. Moan when it's raining yet moan when it's hot. Pick a side 🤣

It is possible to prefer a happy medium. It is not a choice between one extreme or the other. I don't like hot weather in this country but at the same time I don't like a summer month where it rains nearly every day with low sunshine levels. Both situations are undesirable for different reasons.

• Like 1

Posted

27c outside here currently, and had just hit 32c in the office when I left. Back home and its 26c indoors with windows and curtains closed all day. If i'd just woke up from a Coma i'd swear it was July!.

Its still showing 22c here at midnight tonight, so not sure sleep will come easily tonight. I guess the start of several days sleep deprivation. What joy!.

WFH for the next few days, but not looking forward to being back in the Office on Thursday, it'll be high 30's in there by then for sure.

Guess I should be celebrating that its not July, but that's a hollow victory.

Unfortunately once I get above my level of heat tolerance, whether its 27c or 35c its a coin toss, as each is just as intolerable and has exactly the same effect on both health and mobility. Its just the degree of misery which changes with the degrees in temperature.

Edited by Chris J
  • Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, al78 said:

It is possible to prefer a happy medium. It is not a choice between one extreme or the other. I don't like hot weather in this country but at the same time I don't like a summer month where it rains nearly every day with low sunshine levels. Both situations are undesirable for different reasons.

The UK weather is one extreme or another. Benign weather under high pressure is incredibly difficult to achieve let alone sustain.

High builds out west and we get a benign north westerly flow. High then migrates east and we boil from continental influences. It's why I'd rather it rain all day then endure muck like this 

Posted

GFS keeps the heat going to until next Wednesday here. I managed to keep the house relatively cool today but the heat get in sooner that later. So we just peaked at 28.5C and hotter air to come.

Posted
Just now, The PIT said:

GFS keeps the heat going to until next Wednesday here. I managed to keep the house relatively cool today but the heat get in sooner that later. So we just peaked at 28.5C and hotter air to come.

Reminds me of 2018 where the "breakdown" kept getting pushed back. Really hoping it's gone off on one.

Posted

September 2018 only had two hot days here then cooled down.  Now a cool 27.8C outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I wonder if this heat can hold until Christmas, I've always wanted to BBQ a turkey.

no. BTW we had fog yesterday.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

Reminds me of 2018 where the "breakdown" kept getting pushed back. Really hoping it's gone off on one.

I know, that's been the pattern of heat for years now it feels. Starts off looking tolerable, then gets hotter and hotter, then lasts longer and longer...! What an awful spell coming up. As the Pit said, managed to keep the house relatively cool so far but once the heat gets in...it's really hard to shift. 

• Like 1

Posted

This is honestly the worst case scenario for September. 10+ Days of 25C+ if the GFS 12z is correct.. What happened to our cool Septembers, even 2020 which was quite chilly had a warm spell in the middle of the month. Honestly hoping the second half sees an arctic blast pushing all the warmth to Iberia. Can't wait for those dark evenings and frosty mornings..

P.s to the warm lovers lurking in here, enjoy your week 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Frigid said:

This is honestly the worst case scenario for September. 10+ Days of 25C+ if the GFS 12z is correct.. What happened to our cool Septembers, even 2020 which was quite chilly had a warm spell in the middle of the month. Honestly hoping the second half sees an arctic blast pushing all the warmth to Iberia. Can't wait for those dark evenings and frosty mornings..

P.s to the warm lovers lurking in here, enjoy your week 😄

It is about as bad as it can get for September. Thankfully the house is still nice and cool and the sun will be down in an hour or so whereas in June we would still have another 3 hours of sun to endure.

Still amazed at the warm lovers lurking around, go out and enjoy what you've been craving! 🤣