Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
3 hours ago, CreweCold said:

There's light at the end of the tunnel for the heat haters. Looks like the cool air gets in around Tuesday next week. 

Mid single night time minima showing too.

GFS FI is fun this morning...looks like autumn wants to show its hand

image.thumb.png.4b90b58ebbf05689e193ab31488c908f.png

image.thumb.png.8053e1b1f2f25c8b0f16ce62d881f5f6.png

I wonder if we're about to see one of those crazy monthly splits between the first half and second half.

Last September was quite similar. IIRC the second half was as cold as the second half of September 2015. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking cooler today looking like we will max out at around 25C as the easterly breeze kicks in

Posted

Already 26 and raising here. Wasn't especially cool here last night - it got as low as 15 at 5am - but the humidity wasn't as bad - though that is going to change tomorrow apparently. 

Edited by legion_quest
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The heat combined with high pollen count is making me lethargic and my nose in bunged up and I also have hay fever rash.  I am struggling to keep my eyes open.

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

The heat combined with high pollen count is making me lethargic and my nose in bunged up and I also have hay fever rash.  I am struggling to keep my eyes open.

I sympathise completely. As soon as strong sunlight hits me, I start with migraines and often have bouts of sneezing too 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well i can finally say it this year

it's too hot

• Like 5

Posted

Worst that can possibly happen is another week or so of this and then it's 6/7 months of guaranteed cold and damp weather.

I suppose we should sympathize a bit with the heat lovers in that respect? Ermmm no . 😂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

A cooler day today but then the heat should crank up again. The good news we should be able to cool the house down again overnight helped by a good easterly breeze at first.  Temperature already sliding off here down to a cool 25C.  After today the furnace is on. A chance of new record all the way from Wednesday to Sunday for us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

Hay fever wise I get you, been really bad all day, need to buy the nose steroids again. Hopefully it settles down this year.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, The PIT said:

A cooler day today but then the heat should crank up again. The good news we should be able to cool the house down again overnight helped by a good easterly breeze at first.  Temperature already sliding off here down to a cool 25C.  After today the furnace is on. A chance of new record all the way from Wednesday to Sunday for us.

It was hotter here today than yesterday, and will probably continue in the vain. But so far I think 25 was the high, and apart from upstairs iny house it comfy.

• Like 1

Posted

27c here again today, same as yesterday and again tomorrow. Wednesday night suggests 21c at 4AM - so much for the longer nights!. London style overnight temperatures without the living expenses!.

Absolutely no breeze here at all to do any cooling.

Edited by Chris J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
35 minutes ago, Chris J said:

27c here again today, same as yesterday and again tomorrow. Wednesday night suggests 21c at 4AM - so much for the longer nights!. London style overnight temperatures without the living expenses!.

Absolutely no breeze here at all to do any cooling.

Mmm, here we have horrendous London Tropical Nights with the NOT added bonus of London style living expenses. 

Never mind about Cold Weather payments Government, how about  Hot Weather payment to make it possible to run fans, Day and Night.

Hopefully Stav Danaos will have called it correctly in this Evening's MeteoGroup Weather for the Week Ahead forecast and come to the Heat Haters rescue, by early next Week:

But If you've got it wrong Stav, the reaction in this household will make the Gillian Keegan rant seem like a recital of the, Lord's Prayer.

Recent relevant readings from nearby, London City Airport:

image.thumb.png.77de462ea54985f6683f1092135423e9.png / image.thumb.png.88a86c9dd4c6d31eb7bb99c830bece37.png image.thumb.png.2f8032384fb59999168279270f801466.png

Expecting those to look a whole lot worse, come Tomorrow.

Hope 'er upstairs has got our Bedroom fan on full blast. 

Roll on next Week.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Could contain:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Made me laugh Tom, much needed!

This is beginning to become a bit of a drag already, and it's only Tuesday night. With the heat, the days just seem so long, it's all so tiring. Got to be togged up in collar and tie for the next two days too, so boy am I going to frazzle! No air conditioning where I'll be working. Well, we didn't used to need it in this country did we... 😡

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

just to rub it in ..its been refreshingly cool over here...2c overnight 13c today.

• Like 3

Posted

Looks likely the warmth will continue into next week. ECM and GFS adamant the high stick around and pump SE winds. Horrid time for model watching, can't wait to see the first Greenland high and northerlies. 

Not saying it's going to happen, but the breakdown looks more like a blip than anything. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
16 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Looks likely the warmth will continue into next week. ECM and GFS adamant the high stick around and pump SE winds. Horrid time for model watching, can't wait to see the first Greenland high and northerlies. 

Not saying it's going to happen, but the breakdown looks more like a blip than anything. 

Once the excessive warmth has gone it’s gone. The latter stages of the ECM show that even with a SE’ly flow reestablishing, the hot uppers have dissipated…it’s only so warm now because there was a reservoir of heat to tap into.

Given we’ll be pushing mid September by then, it’ll take something really exceptional to see 20c uppers come back again this year.

• Like 6

25c max here today and now down to 16c outside now. House is at 20c.

Whilst I am extremely thankful that this is happening in September, it really does make me worry for future summers as this looks like being yet another unprecedented spell of warmth. To the extent that I am considering bringing forward my long term goal to move to Scotland. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

25c max here today and now down to 16c outside now. House is at 20c.

Whilst I am extremely thankful that this is happening in September, it really does make me worry for future summers as this looks like being yet another unprecedented spell of warmth. To the extent that I am considering bringing forward my long term goal to move to Scotland. 

Still 19c here with a daytime high of 28c. It's why I absolutely despise easterly winds. We seem to be some kind of localised heat dome.

How anyone can enjoy this is beyond me. Sunshine over rain, I get. But in what universe is this pleasant?

As expected, the GFS is not going to let this go....

Edited by Frostillicus
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

Franklin.

I call that hurricane something else beginning with an F, lol! 😁

37 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

As expected, the GFS is not going to let this go....

Yep, as I said in the model thread, this time tomorrow the breakdown will be at the end of next week! 😟

Posted

It's not been to bad here outside high of 25, coastal and have had a moderating east wind, but I think things ramp up soon, wind direction changes. Indoors however it's 28⁰ right now, and I wish my bed was in the garden.

8 minutes ago, Don said:

I call that hurricane something else beginning with an F, lol! 😁

Yep, as I said in the model thread, this time tomorrow the breakdown will be at the end of next week! 😟

Let's hope not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1