Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

As a heat hater, gotta say it's not been bad here at all thankfully, only 25 degrees here today in SE Sheffield and quite a lot of cloud coming in. 

• Like 2

Posted

Oooh lordy I'm tethering on the door to this group!

32.2c here. Which is now over my limit of 32! Just done school run and back with sweat pouring down my back! Oh to be a rich person with my own swimming pool I would be straight in it!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Come, come join us @*Stormforce~beka*, you know it makes sense...😉 Feel the cool air of this thread...

Actually, we're a very nice bunch, supportive of one another. No sniping or snide comments here...! 

Can't promise any swimming pools though! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 hours ago, Ajsnowy said:

I'm hoping the models start showing much cooler and wetter weather going into September-October. The sooner this heatwave is over the better!

Love the way so many disagree with you....bit daft really aren't they,,,its the heat haters thread😅

Edited by markyo
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 hours ago, Ajsnowy said:

I'm hoping the models start showing much cooler and wetter weather going into September-October. The sooner this heatwave is over the better!

Plus many working will certainly agree with you!!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Well I've been over in Chorley today, and it feels like someone has left the doors to Hell open. Now on an air conditioned train back home. Bempton has been 22 today, a bit over my personal comfort zone but not too bad  so can't wait to get home.

What I find concerning is that when I grew up in 60s there were years when we never made 30, now we are getting heatwaves in September, and not one day but a multiple day events.

I think something in the climate has flipped, as the changes even since 2000 have been significant.

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, mike57 said:

Well I've been over in Chorley today, and it feels like someone has left the doors to Hell open. Now on an air conditioned train back home. Bempton has been 22 today, a bit over my personal comfort zone but not too bad  so can't wait to get home.

What I find concerning is that when I grew up in 60s there were years when we never made 30, now we are getting heatwaves in September, and not one day but a multiple day events.

I think something in the climate has flipped, as the changes even since 2000 have been significant.

Hope you manage to cool down a bit, at least.

Yes, totally agree, what used to be exceptional is now commonplace...and of course, some people therefore feel 'entitled' to it, eg see some of the reactions to what was, in temperature terms, still a slightly above average summer. I agree though, it's concerning, especially as once chaos starts, nobody knows where it will end.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I really hope this doesn’t continue for much longer! I thought we wouldn’t need this thread again but here we all are! 

I just can’t function properly when it’s like this it zaps all the energy I have and makes me just want to lay down and do sod all 

does anyone know when it will end I checked the mod thread but people seem confused at the moment some saying next week and others saying it’s continuing 🫣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well looks like we peaked at 28C. A few places at 29C to the east of me looking at  weather cloud. If we don't have the cloud tomorrow morning chance we will break a record. Against that I won't be able to keep the house so cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
47 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

32.2c here. Which is now over my limit of 32! Just done school run and back with sweat pouring down my back! Oh to be a rich person with my own swimming pool I would be straight in it!!

Same although I've no clue what my official temp is as Langdon bay hasn't updated since 13:00. May be they think it's reading wrong or something. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Well looks like we peaked at 28C. A few places at 29C to the east of me looking at  weather cloud. If we don't have the cloud tomorrow morning chance we will break a record. Against that I won't be able to keep the house so cool.

The house is at 26c currently it reached 27c earlier think our max here in Wakefield is 28c today and for the next 3 days 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summer with thunderstorms, freezing cold snowy winters.

Honestly if you hate heat come up to the North east! Only 23c here at the minute and the morning was completely cloudy! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Pewkzii said:

The house is at 26c currently it reached 27c earlier think our max here in Wakefield is 28c today and for the next 3 days 

House is the top end of 30 here, keeps flashing to 31.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Met. said:

As a heat hater, gotta say it's not been bad here at all thankfully, only 25 degrees here today in SE Sheffield and quite a lot of cloud coming in. 

Same here in London to he honest. 31c today about not actually too bad. We are half way through this now folks so nearly there,though I fear there may be a sting in the tail at weekend. Anyway,looks like 20c here in London next Tuesday according to the Met Office.

• Like 2

Posted
40 minutes ago, NorthSeaCloud said:

Honestly if you hate heat come up to the North east! Only 23c here at the minute and the morning was completely cloudy! 

If I could arrange a full time remote WFH arrangement out rather than Hybrid i'd be checking out properties even further North -  in Shetland!. Can't do with this misery every Summer / Autumn especially when it stops being a 48 hour affair and just drags on and on.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Thankfully should be on it's way out from Monday which will be a relief. Four nasty days before that though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

See Beka, that's what happens when you cross to the dark side. Weren't you one of us, originally? 

Just got up from my Afternoon nap and our west facing bedroom is like  bl--dy furnace, even with a fan on.

Now downstairs in our east facing lounge and it's a bit cooler but also with a fan on.

Just said to 'er indoors we might need to put  a second fan on 

Did anyone see the Forecast of Chris “Guy“ Fawkes - image.thumb.png.c6d801328f1be11d4b311daad6042733.png 

Evidently, if 32.2C is reached in this horrendous spell, it will only be the 5th time in the last 100 years that the highest temperature has been recorded outside of the 3 Summer Months, namely September. 

It now looks as if the Weekend is going to be as bad and we'll have to wait until early next Week, to get any relief from this muck.

Below, are the recent readings, from nearby London City Airport.

image.thumb.png.31b98ef8a1dc77017ea0d30dc50a26dc.png image.thumb.png.1fa61da6e5071540e4f6e5478519b482.png image.thumb.png.16ffe595076833f0a2e05849aac49a43.png

Thankfully the relative humidity isn't too bad but is likely to worsen, soon.

Just taken B.P. medication but need one to lower my core temperature. 

'Er indoors is just about to serve up a cold chicken salad. 

Roll on next Week!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 2

Despite the morning cloud cover, it still peaked higher than yesterday with 25.4c. The house is still very comfortable at 20c though. Hang in there team.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have now got painful joints on the left side of my body making walking and moving very painful. My Achilles heel, knee, hip and shoulder are all painful.  My left knee to my left is the most flexible part of my body.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very warm and muggy here with absolutely no wind at all, hopefully it will cool down later this evening.. great weather for last cut hay-making though.

Fly's, spiders, wasps in abundance here.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
6 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Very warm and muggy here with absolutely no wind at all, hopefully it will cool down later this evening.. great weather for last cut hay-making though.

Fly's, spiders, wasps in abundance here.

I actually have butterflies and a dragonfly in my garden earlier, lots of whites ( butterflies)

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

I have now got painful joints on the left side of my body making walking and moving very painful. My Achilles heel, knee, hip and shoulder are all painful.  My left knee to my left is the most flexible part of my body.

Sounds awful, you poor thing. Hang in there. My oedema is starting up, but nothing anywhere like what it sounds you've got. Hope you get some relief soon, Katrine.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

I actually have butterflies and a dragonfly in my garden earlier, lots of whites ( butterflies)

Yes me to I enjoy seeing them, they don't get in the way and have elegance...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I've got a dragon in the Kitchen, she's just washing up. 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 5